• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts
  • Interests:Android
    Rom Modding &
    MoDaCo moderator
  • Devices:OneX Samsung S3 LTE Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@rickywyatt1982
do you a a p.c with adb shell if you do just reply and ill post a pc adb reset app for you

Remember to read the fourm rules<br /><br />Maker of the AIO tool for Orange San Diego here<br />and the maker of the Motorola Razr I AIO tools here

caloski

caloski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Racer

do you a a p.c with adb shell if you do just reply and ill post a pc adb reset app for you

I didn't understood your question. what is a a p.c.? feel free to post it, I 'll try anything that may help

Edited by caloski, 04 June 2011 - 11:53 AM.

rickywyatt

rickywyatt

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts
    Rom Modding &
    MoDaCo moderator
i mean do you have a computer if you do have you got adb installed

Remember to read the fourm rules<br /><br />Maker of the AIO tool for Orange San Diego here<br />and the maker of the Motorola Razr I AIO tools here

caloski

caloski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

i mean do you have a computer if you do have you got adb installed

just installed adb. what's the app and what do I do with it?

rickywyatt

rickywyatt

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts
    Rom Modding &
    MoDaCo moderator
download this http://www.mediafire...pin0pn4a49xi55f extract to desktop and run the .bat file

dakill

dakill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:ZTE x850 a.k.a Racer
Hello everyone,

tl;dr : i've messed with my phone. it boots, but screen is unreadable. debug mode is disabled, so ADB is useless. can't enable debug mode because, well, screen is unreadable. it seems it can't enter the "fastboot" mode (disabled by the mobile operator maybe?), i've managed only to get FTM mode.. is there any way to re-flash it from FTM mode? i've found the original ROM in the net.

that's how i messed it:
i've got a pretty good problem on my zte racer. I've been playing with various so-called "lcd density changer" and liking the results, but they wouldn't stick between reboots. So i found one apk that was supposed to make the density settings survive between reboots, but now my screen is totally garbled and unreadable. I can unlock the phone but then it reboots itself. The phone starts OK but right before playing the boot animation it mess the screen.

i think the way to go was to get access to the /system folder and eliminate this app entry in init.d or wherever it puts itself in the boot sequence. But, i don't have debug mode enabled, and i can't enable it because i can't get past the password screen.

so, alternative left, reflash the thing. But my device does not enter fastboot mode (vol + and power) just don't seem to do anything. FTM mode works though (vol - and power) . pressing both (vol +, vol - and power) seems to lock the phone up (black screen, no response, computer recognizes it as DFU, as in FTM mode) but i couldn't get any further than this.

Note to the others: Stay way from the "LCD Density Changer" app!!! if you want, use the other ones that change the density temporarily.

dakill

dakill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:ZTE x850 a.k.a Racer
I've succesfully revived the phone, doing a low-level flashing via "download mode", using obscure software and a chinese firmware i've found. Will post details of the procedure soon, may be of use to "unbrick" phones as it is a really low-level flashing.

Hello everyone,

tl;dr : i've messed with my phone. it boots, but screen is unreadable. debug mode is disabled, so ADB is useless. can't enable debug mode because, well, screen is unreadable. it seems it can't enter the "fastboot" mode (disabled by the mobile operator maybe?), i've managed only to get FTM mode.. is there any way to re-flash it from FTM mode? i've found the original ROM in the net.

that's how i messed it:
i've got a pretty good problem on my zte racer. I've been playing with various so-called "lcd density changer" and liking the results, but they wouldn't stick between reboots. So i found one apk that was supposed to make the density settings survive between reboots, but now my screen is totally garbled and unreadable. I can unlock the phone but then it reboots itself. The phone starts OK but right before playing the boot animation it mess the screen.

i think the way to go was to get access to the /system folder and eliminate this app entry in init.d or wherever it puts itself in the boot sequence. But, i don't have debug mode enabled, and i can't enable it because i can't get past the password screen.

so, alternative left, reflash the thing. But my device does not enter fastboot mode (vol + and power) just don't seem to do anything. FTM mode works though (vol - and power) . pressing both (vol +, vol - and power) seems to lock the phone up (black screen, no response, computer recognizes it as DFU, as in FTM mode) but i couldn't get any further than this.

Note to the others: Stay way from the "LCD Density Changer" app!!! if you want, use the other ones that change the density temporarily.

blazer666_uk

blazer666_uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Hi

I have just bought a new ZTE Racer which was on 3, i unlocked it and insterted a t-moile sim but internet would not work so I decided to flash the phone with a custom rom, I have had some experience flashing roms as I have a HTC 2HD with Ginger bread 2.3 and Windows Mobile 7 on it.

Just rooted the ZTE it and installed the boot mgr (Mooncake v.2.3-CM)

I have copied numerous ZTE roms to the SD card and flashed them
Each one my phone just gets stuck on the boot screen logo and thats it. I Have left the phone for 30 mins an nothing at all. I can still load up to the boot mgr (vol down on power up)

Can some one help? or is my phone bricked?
:)

jjoosshhuu

jjoosshhuu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
USB Host can be enabled on the Racer ?

Hoofprint

Hoofprint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Racer / Smart touch
how are you going ladies n gents, ive got a ripper problem. i have the aussie version of the racer, i had it flashed with mooncakes build, unfortunalty i lent the phone to a friend of mine and he thought it was a blade, and tried to upgrade it from t1 to t2. the phones dead, no clockwork, no green andriod nothing just turns on the light flashes red and a vibrate every 5 seconds. i can get my lappy to detect the phone. so im wondering if theres a way to flash it via usb. cheers for any help you guys can provide

**edit** just tried that reset phone.rar it completed successfully but still no loader or green andriod.

Hoof

Edited by Hoofprint, 12 July 2011 - 12:07 PM.

jjoosshhuu

jjoosshhuu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Increased card slot that accepts it?

~

Qual o maximo de memoria (microSD) posso colocar nele / ?? ?

raindie

raindie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi i`m fron venezuela and i own a ZTE Racer but i upgrade it with the[Android 2.3.4] Mooncake v1.113 and my 3g and the EDGE never show up and in the process i've lost my old rom of the back up i'm from Digitel. So anybody can say me one rom with let me use my 3G or anything? Thanks

Rahulj85

Rahulj85

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

how are you going ladies n gents, ive got a ripper problem. i have the aussie version of the racer, i had it flashed with mooncakes build, unfortunalty i lent the phone to a friend of mine and he thought it was a blade, and tried to upgrade it from t1 to t2. the phones dead, no clockwork, no green andriod nothing just turns on the light flashes red and a vibrate every 5 seconds. i can get my lappy to detect the phone. so im wondering if theres a way to flash it via usb. cheers for any help you guys can provide

**edit** just tried that reset phone.rar it completed successfully but still no loader or green andriod.

Hoof

i am facing the exact same problem..just to add, my phone is still recognizable via dfu and fastboot..funny thing is that when i run fastboot devices, it doesnt show anything, but all commands run successfully..were you able to resolve your problem?

is this thread still active?

Hoofprint

Hoofprint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Racer / Smart touch

i am facing the exact same problem..just to add, my phone is still recognizable via dfu and fastboot..funny thing is that when i run fastboot devices, it doesnt show anything, but all commands run successfully..were you able to resolve your problem?

is this thread still active?

na i guess the threads dead, ive still got the problem ended up buying another one

caki83

caki83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:SE k850i,ZTE racer
Can someone check this bootanimation zip? I resized it to racer but don't know why is not working. It's in the attachmentsAttached File  bootanimation.zip   2.22MB   2 downloads
Thanks

Edited by caki83, 04 October 2011 - 06:19 PM.

caki83

caki83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:SE k850i,ZTE racer
I installed 3-4 different apk for call recording but nothing works. The speaking is too slow and the pitch is too low and can't speed up on PC. Anyone have issues?

redhawkuk

redhawkuk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Racer debranded Three UK
This app works for me - https://market.andro...r.VoiceRecorder however you can only record using the default sample rate 8000.
Tested on Android 2.1

Richard S.

redhawkuk

redhawkuk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Racer debranded Three UK
Does anyone know if the wifi hardware is capable of adjusting transmission power??

In some situations if you're near a wifi router watching online videos or wifi tethering with a laptop using full power is bad for battery life.
As far as I can tell the command to adjust wifi power is iwconfig wlan0 txpower however txpower isn't a supported command with the stock 2.1 ROM.

Do other ROMs such as Cyanmod provide this capability or is the power fixed depending on the wifi hardware??

Richard S.

kman12041

kman12041

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Devices:zte racer
Could some one please tell me the source form this built image, recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.0-mooncake-gen1
The reason i am asking for the source is so that i can send it to koush and he could officialy support it.
That means that zte racers recovery will be able to be flashed from rom manager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

massacre^

massacre^

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Devices:zte racer
what is gen1 and gen2?? can you update gen1 device to gen2 without official update?? is dell xcd28 of india gen1 or gen2???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users