[The Help Thread]

Guest rickywyatt

Guest plegdroid

The "formatter" doesent go on my computer .

There is an other program like that with which ".apk" files maybe on / in to pack(unpack/inpack ".apk",or ".apk" convert to ".zip"/ ".rar")?

hiya, try root explorer

:)

• 1 month later...
Guest Shubham st

hi guyzz!!

ma phn automatically reboots during call I don't know what's wrong plz guyzz help me cause I'm facing lots of. problems because of ths plz guyzz!!!

Guest vixi99

Hi everyone, I wondered if anyone could help with a problem we have been having with my sons zte racer?

When we try to turn it on it says 'the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly please try again' and a force close button.

We can't get into the menu at all. Please help, many thanks... Vixi99

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Oduard

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a little help on my ZTE Racer, I just got it in Nicaragua as a 'Movistar Link' and would love to know how to identify it from all the possible Racers (as for it may be Brazilian

:unsure: and could not find any model number neither on the box, nor on the back of the cel).

Issues:

Camera's not working :(

/!\ Camera error

Cannot connect to camera.

| Ok |

...and after a while it says:

/!\ Sorry!

The application Camera

(process com.android.camera)

has stopped unexpectedly.

Please try again.

| Force close |

Freezes at 806MHz, at 787MHz its fine and I can live with that, so not really that important. :P

I followed Raceboy's 'Noob question on installing rom' and installed:

- UniversalAndroot_1.6.1.apk

- recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.4-mooncake-gen1.img

- update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-racer-signed.zip (Kernel 2.6.32.9-perf vamshi@VAMSHI #68 / Build number GWK74)

And later tried TigTex's '[Android 2.3.4] Mooncake v1.113 based on cyanogenmod7 nightly 113' and installed

- 2.3.4_mooncake_v1.113.zip

...and still no luck.

Thank you all for your support.

------EDIT-------

Got camera working with "2.6.32.9#155-gen1-by-deadlink" however I'm getting a full green screen when changing from portrait to landscape and backwards... any ideas?

Right now with Racerboy's update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-racer-signed.zip with Deadlink's 2.6.32.9#155-gen1-by-deadlink

Edited by Oduard

Guest Rahulsingh190

hi guys ,in a help, i have dell xcd28=racer ,,when i bought it the gps of the phone was not working,but when i upgraded to 2.3.5,i saw that the green gps light was glowing(at the back of phone,during starting=booting time) ,so my gps hardware is fine & after starting the light switched off,& then i opened gmaps to see is the gps now working,then again while starting the app ,,the back gps light was glowing,then it found my location (but 1-2 km away & back side gps light switched off before finding my true location) ,but in my friends phone the phone's is on until & unless it finds the exact location ,& it shows very correct position ,but why not in mine , why does bak gps light switches off before finding my location,can i fix it??????????????

• 1 month later...
Guest redhawkuk

The GPS doesn't glow green it's actually the backlight for the call buttons which incidentally sits behind green plastic.

If you cannot get a good fix with your GPS then try standing outside since it's not particularly accurate inside buildings.

Richard S.

Guest Rahulsingh190

I have a doubt that the gps hardware in our phone directly connects to satellite, or it connects to satellite using our mobile data connection....

Guest redhawkuk

GPS in your phone is just an FM radio receiver capable of turning in the GHz band it doesn't transmit back any data.

The satellites send information and timing data which the phone takes to calculate your approximate position.

The more satellites you can pick up and the better your reception the more accurate your co-ordinates will be.

Richard S.

Guest redhawkuk

It was suggested that the GPS doesn't work well with CM7 or be it not very accurate so I did some testing with two Racer handsets one running Android 2.1 the other Racerboy's (dealink) CM7 ICS mod.

Satellite synchronisation seem to take longer with CM7 although the difference was negligible sometimes my Garmin takes longer to find a signal which seems typical for GPS units.

As for accuracy between handsets I found no difference Google Maps put me within 1 meter of my current standing location which was quite impressive.

If you're still having accuracy issues try another ROM if that doesn't help then perhaps your GPS is faulty or have timing issues.

Which ROM are you running??

Richard S.

Edited by redhawkuk

Guest Rahulsingh190

I am using racerboy's cm7.2 rom,I read about an app called gps status so I installed it & I downloded gps assistant data,after this I was connected to 9 satellites & that app recognized my longitude & latitude in around 10 seconds (I turned off the data connection),& it was really very accurate,but when I try gmaps it shows my accurate location but gps doesn't gets locked,it keeps on blinking.......

• 3 months later...
Guest nikolas60

i accently flash from cmw the tim brazzil official 2.2.2 update to mt 918 and the phone cant past the green anroid logo is keeps restarting how can fix this plzzzzz and cant do nothing CANT BOOT IN recover or fastboot mode nothing help me plzzzz

• 1 month later...
Guest ReyTech

Iv Made This Thread For Eveyone That Has A question Or Needs Help

* If we all ask are questions or need help here. it will keep the thread clean

* you will get help faster

thanks

hi! i need to get a clean rom (prefereably stock) with french langauge in it! can u help me out?

WBR

Reytech.

:mellow:

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...