[ROM] Corvus5 (newbe5 and Corvus teamed ROM)

Guest the_corvus

Guest Shaizer

ah man im so tempted to drop cm7 and install this but I love the status bar at the bottom plus gingerbread is smoother for games in my experience (not talking into account the accelerometer)

Guest warriorscot

Nice work mate, like the launcher and startup screens being removed those are always a PITA on a new ROM. Its been a while since I used that keyboard will be nice to give a newer version a try although I have gotten quite fond of the NI one.

Guest premieral

[quote name='newbe5' date='Apr 20 2011, 16:32'

Thanks! Hope it runs as well for everyone as it has for me and Corvus. We have tried our hardest to make the "perfect ROM" with as much working as humanly possible, hopefully it's worked :)

Let us know how you get on with the ROM!

newbe5

Guest newbe5
[quote name='newbe5' date='Apr 20 2011, 16:32'

Thanks! Hope it runs as well for everyone as it has for me and Corvus. We have tried our hardest to make the "perfect ROM" with as much working as humanly possible, hopefully it's worked :)

Let us know how you get on with the ROM!

newbe5

Installed and loving it can't thank you enough sad git that I am the most impressive thing so far for me is that crazy snowboard finally works now you have tweaked the accelerometer :( as a noob can I ask a couple of stupid questions, to overclock do I need to download setcpu and what phone apks were removed as I still have the phone AP, once again thank you :huh:

The little phone app thing that is launched from the launcher is just part of the contacts setup, the actual applications that have anything to do with calling or 3G have been removed as standard! Had a HUGE impact on battery life for me, and should help you sustain an overclock for longer! :)

Guest premieral
The little phone app thing that is launched from the launcher is just part of the contacts setup, the actual applications that have anything to do with calling or 3G have been removed as standard! Had a HUGE impact on battery life for me, and should help you sustain an overclock for longer! :)

Thanks loving this :)

Guest mitchb23

Can anyone expand on

Do a Full Wipe before flashing the rom (not needed, but can cause problems)

Is this wipe data and cache partians

Copy Corvus5.zip to sdcard and update like any other update.

First time ive updated , does this mean apply sd card update or install zip from sd card ?

Thanks for any help offered

Guest premieral
Can anyone expand on

First time ive updated , does this mean apply sd card update or install zip from sd card ?

yes wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, in advanced wipe dalvik cache and then install zip from sd card and choose corvus5 :)

Can anyone expand on

I'm quite new to this myself but below is what I do.

Ensure that you have the new ROM zip file on your SD card

make a backup using CWM

In CWM

wipe data, then wipe cache

wipe dalvik cache (under advanced)

use the clockwork menu to select install a file from SD card and then select the file and apply.

Reboot

You should now have a clean Rom and will have to install all your apps and data again.

I use Titanium to back all this up so that it is just a few clicks to reinstall everything.

Guest Schooleydoo

Those are the two wipes I always do Mitch.

Apply update.zip only works if you have renamed the zip as such, and its on the root of the card. Install zip from SD means you can navigate to any location, any name.

Now my question... my WD passport has a fat32 and ntfs partition. Iexplorer can only see the ntfs one. Any way to get to the fat partition?

Coming from r8, this seems to fly!

Guest zzleezz

WOW!

As ever Corvus delivers a really slick and feature rich rom.

Zeb you have given the icing on the cake :) LOVE the theme, very very very nice work mate. Your efforts very much appreciated.

Guest Kevrae

rom is flipping awesome thanks guys, love it even more with the honeycomb theme. had stuck with mr8 until now and have to say its just great. even once i went back into link2sd and selected to mount my ext3 partition it loaded all my apps that i had saved.

Edited by Kevrae

Guest newbe5
WOW!

As ever Corvus delivers a really slick and feature rich rom.

Zeb you have given the icing on the cake :( LOVE the theme, very very very nice work mate. Your efforts very much appreciated.

Thanks man! Been stuck with my head in Photoshop for a while, but now I can actually raise my head up and see what's going on :)

Holy crap... It's summer?!

PS, not that it matters a huge amount because it WAS a joint effort, but I actually put the large part of the ROM together too, Corvus is the CWM and Kernel KING! :) He also fixed tons ofstuff when I screwed it up royally lol, and of course it is all based on his original ROM. Been a great learning experience and I look forward to developing more in the future! Right now, I need a rest though, lol!

newbe5/Zebwen

Edited by newbe5

Guest godmode

great stuff! been waiting for this rom beacuase of the overclocking. Just one question, and i know im probably being thick, but I cant seem to restore/install the ni keyboard? i can't be doing with the split keyboard! :)

many thanks corvus and newbie5

Guest wipeout140

First many thanks corvus and newbie5

I am re-downloading it now as I did a full wipe then went to install and error out at status 7 tmp/boot.img failed. So am re downloading the ROM now to see if it was a bad download also can please upload the setcpu as attachment as rapidshaire has 20/25minute wait before you can re download things off there service

Thanks again. :)

EDIT:

Just tried again on the new download on PC then moved the file to the SD Card

"Writing boot image...

assert failed:write_raw_image("/tmp/bootimg" , "boot")

E:Error in /sdcard/download/Crvus5.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

Attempted on Clockwork 2.5.1.8, do either of corvus and newbie5 have md5 to check against

Going back to CM7 for now, try again tomorrow or something

Edited by wipeout140

Guest simonta
First many thanks corvus and newbie5

I am re-downloading it now as I did a full wipe then went to install and error out at status 7 tmp/boot.img failed. So am re downloading the ROM now to see if it was a bad download also can please upload the setcpu as attachment as rapidshaire has 20/25minute wait before you can re download things off there service

Thanks again. :)

EDIT:

Just tried again on the new download on PC then moved the file to the SD Card

"Writing boot image...

assert failed:write_raw_image("/tmp/bootimg" , "boot")

E:Error in /sdcard/download/Crvus5.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

Attempted on Clockwork 2.5.1.8, do either of corvus and newbie5 have md5 to check against

Going back to CM7 for now, try again tomorrow or something

Are you downloading on the Vega? If so, download on PC and transfer..seen a lot of problems with corrupt downloads on the Vega.

Guest wipeout140
Are you downloading on the Vega? If so, download on PC and transfer..seen a lot of problems with corrupt downloads on the Vega.

Hey Simonta, both times I downloaded it on the PC and then connected it and copied the file over to the SD Card, as rapidshare is not tablet friendly for my liking so i always download to PC first. Anyway am back to CM7

Guest mitchb23

Great rom , finally got it loaded, have a few other questions now though

I tried to install angry birds however it didnt want to install. Had to reboot vega and it froze for a while with screen not responding, switched it off / on and it was ok.

Since I did this though the battery icon isnt updating the % of power, also about device brings up a force close.

Any ideas how to resolve, especially battery

Guest newbe5
Great rom , finally got it loaded, have a few other questions now though

I tried to install angry birds however it didnt want to install. Had to reboot vega and it froze for a while with screen not responding, switched it off / on and it was ok.

Since I did this though the battery icon isnt updating the % of power, also about device brings up a force close.

Any ideas how to resolve, especially battery

Sounds to me you flashed without wiping some things, possibly Dalvik Cache? Try doing a complete wipe and trying again?

Guest Kevrae

just noticed also that you must have implemented the wifi standby switch as every time i unlock my vega its still connected to wifi, Great! although it could also be the rom is that fast that it connects within milliseconds lol. either way very happy so far.

Guest mitchb23
Sounds to me you flashed without wiping some things, possibly Dalvik Cache? Try doing a complete wipe and trying again?

Battery seems to have sorted itself after a couple of reboots.

Any games i download from market wont intsall always says unable to succesfully install, could this be because the status inof isnt available ? Live wallpapers and apps have all downloaded ok, just games that have an issue

Sorry for the q's only bought vega yesterday, first android device so bit of a learning curve

Will try reflashing tomorrow.

Edited by mitchb23

Guest peter a
Battery seems to have sorted itself after a couple of reboots.

Any games i download from market wont intsall always says unable to succesfully install, could this be because the status inof isnt available ? Live wallpapers and apps have all downloaded ok, just games that have an issue

Sorry for the q's only bought vega yesterday, first android device so bit of a learning curve

Will try reflashing tomorrow.

Try unmount the sd card >> try installing again >> remount sd again >> move app to sd card.

I`ve had the same problem on another tablet !!