Photo

[ROM] Corvus5 (newbe5 and Corvus teamed ROM)

• Please log in to reply
679 replies to this topic

TAZMANUK

TAZMANUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:MDA COMPACT 3

Use Vega tools to install Clockworkmod then backup. http://android.modac...ega-tools-v3-0/

Thanks will try that

TAZMANUK

TAZMANUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:MDA COMPACT 3

Use Vega tools to install Clockworkmod then backup. http://android.modac...ega-tools-v3-0/

Thanks will try that

partner2

partner2

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega
That would be perfect. Wow, being an official option theme :) .

I was trying to put the statusbar at the bottom. I took the files from a Nook mod a it worked (and the status bar was at the bottom). But then I cleaned and started to give me signature errors.

I will add your honeycomb theme to the main post later, the framework layout is the same as Corvus 0.5 (for compatibility reasons) and so the theme you made should already work :) Feel free to test this and let me know, but as soon as I get chance I will add it as an option on my post (if that's ok!).

newbe5

newbe5

newbe5

Addict

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

That would be perfect. Wow, being an official option theme :) .

I was trying to put the statusbar at the bottom. I took the files from a Nook mod a it worked (and the status bar was at the bottom). But then I cleaned and started to give me signature errors.

Added your theme to my post now (2nd post in the thread as I can't edit the first one directly! :)).

boh

boh

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i900 - POV Mobii Tegra
amazing job, but how much is battery life result about averclocking tegra 2 @1.4 GHz?

Edited by boh, 20 April 2011 - 07:36 PM.

Nano2k

Nano2k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Nexus S / POV Mobii 10"
Thanks for the rom! Keep up the hard work!

jimh

jimh

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, N1 & Orange SF
Working well for me, thanks for all the work you have done.

Shaizer

Shaizer

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, Advent Vega
ah man im so tempted to drop cm7 and install this but I love the status bar at the bottom plus gingerbread is smoother for games in my experience (not talking into account the accelerometer)

spacecadetuk

spacecadetuk

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, HTC Hero
Awesome work guys, loving it, thanks for all your work and effort :)

Dingoo A-320, it's just awesome!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
Nice work mate, like the launcher and startup screens being removed those are always a PITA on a new ROM. Its been a while since I used that keyboard will be nice to give a newer version a try although I have gotten quite fond of the NI one.

premieral

premieral

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
[quote name='newbe5' date='Apr 20 2011, 16:32'
Thanks! Hope it runs as well for everyone as it has for me and Corvus. We have tried our hardest to make the "perfect ROM" with as much working as humanly possible, hopefully it's worked :)

Let us know how you get on with the ROM!

newbe5
[/quote]

Installed and loving it can't thank you enough sad git that I am the most impressive thing so far for me is that crazy snowboard finally works now you have tweaked the accelerometer :) as a noob can I ask a couple of stupid questions, to overclock do I need to download setcpu and what phone apks were removed as I still have the phone AP, once again thank you :(

newbe5

newbe5

Addict

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
[quote name='premieral' post='1675767' date='Apr 20 2011, 20:20'][quote name='newbe5' date='Apr 20 2011, 16:32'
Thanks! Hope it runs as well for everyone as it has for me and Corvus. We have tried our hardest to make the "perfect ROM" with as much working as humanly possible, hopefully it's worked :)

Let us know how you get on with the ROM!

newbe5
Installed and loving it can't thank you enough sad git that I am the most impressive thing so far for me is that crazy snowboard finally works now you have tweaked the accelerometer :( as a noob can I ask a couple of stupid questions, to overclock do I need to download setcpu and what phone apks were removed as I still have the phone AP, once again thank you :huh:[/quote]

The little phone app thing that is launched from the launcher is just part of the contacts setup, the actual applications that have anything to do with calling or 3G have been removed as standard! Had a HUGE impact on battery life for me, and should help you sustain an overclock for longer! :)

add.thebad

add.thebad

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Interests:Android and disliking apple
  • Devices:Motorola Defy (+ Pulse)
  • Twitter:@adam.gypo
thanks for this it runs great, looks cool and 1.4Ghz dual core gives some good benchmarks to show off!

Cheers Adam

Watch my defy go for a swim!!

Moto Defy CM7 :o :o :D Advent vega 2.4
T-Mobile pulse CM6
Posted Image

premieral

premieral

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

The little phone app thing that is launched from the launcher is just part of the contacts setup, the actual applications that have anything to do with calling or 3G have been removed as standard! Had a HUGE impact on battery life for me, and should help you sustain an overclock for longer! :)

Thanks loving this :)

mitchb23

mitchb23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Can anyone expand on

Do a Full Wipe before flashing the rom (not needed, but can cause problems)

Is this wipe data and cache partians

Copy Corvus5.zip to sdcard and update like any other update.

First time ive updated , does this mean apply sd card update or install zip from sd card ?

Thanks for any help offered

premieral

premieral

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Can anyone expand on

First time ive updated , does this mean apply sd card update or install zip from sd card ?

yes wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, in advanced wipe dalvik cache and then install zip from sd card and choose corvus5 :)

jimh

jimh

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, N1 & Orange SF

Can anyone expand on

I'm quite new to this myself but below is what I do.

Ensure that you have the new ROM zip file on your SD card
make a backup using CWM

In CWM
wipe data, then wipe cache
wipe dalvik cache (under advanced)
use the clockwork menu to select install a file from SD card and then select the file and apply.
Reboot

You should now have a clean Rom and will have to install all your apps and data again.
I use Titanium to back all this up so that it is just a few clicks to reinstall everything.

Schooleydoo

Schooleydoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Those are the two wipes I always do Mitch.

Apply update.zip only works if you have renamed the zip as such, and its on the root of the card. Install zip from SD means you can navigate to any location, any name.

Now my question... my WD passport has a fat32 and ntfs partition. Iexplorer can only see the ntfs one. Any way to get to the fat partition?

Coming from r8, this seems to fly!

zzleezz

zzleezz

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:Gadgets and tennis, what else is there?
  • Devices:Samsung GSII & Advent Vega
  • Twitter:@@zzleezz
WOW!

As ever Corvus delivers a really slick and feature rich rom.

Zeb you have given the icing on the cake :) LOVE the theme, very very very nice work mate. Your efforts very much appreciated.

Kevrae

Kevrae

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD, Advent Vega
rom is flipping awesome thanks guys, love it even more with the honeycomb theme. had stuck with mr8 until now and have to say its just great. even once i went back into link2sd and selected to mount my ext3 partition it loaded all my apps that i had saved.

Edited by Kevrae, 20 April 2011 - 09:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users