Photo

[ROM] Corvus5 (newbe5 and Corvus teamed ROM)

• Please log in to reply
679 replies to this topic

newbe5

newbe5

Addict

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

WOW!

As ever Corvus delivers a really slick and feature rich rom.

Zeb you have given the icing on the cake :( LOVE the theme, very very very nice work mate. Your efforts very much appreciated.

Thanks man! Been stuck with my head in Photoshop for a while, but now I can actually raise my head up and see what's going on :)

Holy crap... It's summer?!

PS, not that it matters a huge amount because it WAS a joint effort, but I actually put the large part of the ROM together too, Corvus is the CWM and Kernel KING! :) He also fixed tons ofstuff when I screwed it up royally lol, and of course it is all based on his original ROM. Been a great learning experience and I look forward to developing more in the future! Right now, I need a rest though, lol!

newbe5/Zebwen

Edited by newbe5, 20 April 2011 - 09:39 PM.

godmode

godmode

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
great stuff! been waiting for this rom beacuase of the overclocking. Just one question, and i know im probably being thick, but I cant seem to restore/install the ni keyboard? i can't be doing with the split keyboard! :)

many thanks corvus and newbie5

wipeout140

wipeout140

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:HTC Magic, Advent Vega
First many thanks corvus and newbie5

I am re-downloading it now as I did a full wipe then went to install and error out at status 7 tmp/boot.img failed. So am re downloading the ROM now to see if it was a bad download also can please upload the setcpu as attachment as rapidshaire has 20/25minute wait before you can re download things off there service

Thanks again. :)

EDIT:

Just tried again on the new download on PC then moved the file to the SD Card

"Writing boot image...
assert failed:write_raw_image("/tmp/bootimg" , "boot")
E:Error in /sdcard/download/Crvus5.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Attempted on Clockwork 2.5.1.8, do either of corvus and newbie5 have md5 to check against

Going back to CM7 for now, try again tomorrow or something

Edited by wipeout140, 20 April 2011 - 10:01 PM.

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • Devices:Vega. HTC Desire

I am re-downloading it now as I did a full wipe then went to install and error out at status 7 tmp/boot.img failed. So am re downloading the ROM now to see if it was a bad download also can please upload the setcpu as attachment as rapidshaire has 20/25minute wait before you can re download things off there service

EDIT:

"Writing boot image...
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Attempted on Clockwork 2.5.1.8, do either of corvus and newbie5 have md5 to check against

Are you downloading on the Vega? If so, download on PC and transfer..seen a lot of problems with corrupt downloads on the Vega.

If I've helped you, you want to say "thanks" and you do not use Dropbox (it's enormously useful, especially with mobile devices), please consider signing up for it using my reference. You'll get 2GB of disk space for files available anywhere, any time on any device. They give us both an extra 250MB if you do sign up!

Apple? I'd rather eat my own kidneys!

wipeout140

wipeout140

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:HTC Magic, Advent Vega

Are you downloading on the Vega? If so, download on PC and transfer..seen a lot of problems with corrupt downloads on the Vega.

Hey Simonta, both times I downloaded it on the PC and then connected it and copied the file over to the SD Card, as rapidshare is not tablet friendly for my liking so i always download to PC first. Anyway am back to CM7

mitchb23

mitchb23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Great rom , finally got it loaded, have a few other questions now though

I tried to install angry birds however it didnt want to install. Had to reboot vega and it froze for a while with screen not responding, switched it off / on and it was ok.

Since I did this though the battery icon isnt updating the % of power, also about device brings up a force close.

Any ideas how to resolve, especially battery

newbe5

newbe5

Addict

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Great rom , finally got it loaded, have a few other questions now though

I tried to install angry birds however it didnt want to install. Had to reboot vega and it froze for a while with screen not responding, switched it off / on and it was ok.

Since I did this though the battery icon isnt updating the % of power, also about device brings up a force close.

Any ideas how to resolve, especially battery

Sounds to me you flashed without wiping some things, possibly Dalvik Cache? Try doing a complete wipe and trying again?

Kevrae

Kevrae

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD, Advent Vega
just noticed also that you must have implemented the wifi standby switch as every time i unlock my vega its still connected to wifi, Great! although it could also be the rom is that fast that it connects within milliseconds lol. either way very happy so far.

mitchb23

mitchb23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Sounds to me you flashed without wiping some things, possibly Dalvik Cache? Try doing a complete wipe and trying again?

Battery seems to have sorted itself after a couple of reboots.

Any games i download from market wont intsall always says unable to succesfully install, could this be because the status inof isnt available ? Live wallpapers and apps have all downloaded ok, just games that have an issue

Sorry for the q's only bought vega yesterday, first android device so bit of a learning curve

Will try reflashing tomorrow.

Edited by mitchb23, 20 April 2011 - 11:39 PM.

peter a

peter a

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Devices:htc wildfire and advent vega

Battery seems to have sorted itself after a couple of reboots.

Any games i download from market wont intsall always says unable to succesfully install, could this be because the status inof isnt available ? Live wallpapers and apps have all downloaded ok, just games that have an issue

Sorry for the q's only bought vega yesterday, first android device so bit of a learning curve

Will try reflashing tomorrow.

Try unmount the sd card >> try installing again >> remount sd again >> move app to sd card.

I`ve had the same problem on another tablet !!

jp_hero

jp_hero

Regular

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Devices:SGS2, t-mob vivacity, nexus s
  • Twitter:@jp_hero
Great Rom guys. Thanks very much.

I am from www.coolsmartphone.com. Visit us for the latest Android news, reviews and app recommendations.

Posted Image

jonn sz

jonn sz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:advent vega
All looking good so far. Great work ... can finally play speed x again

although do notice the control is a little glitchy on speedx still, is it the hardware? No where near as smooth control as on my desire.

henky92

henky92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Hey guys,
so yesterday I installed corvagusrom, when I plugged in my keyboard the whole thing crashed.
Now when I boot I get a BSOD. The problem is, the tablet is still in usb host mode, so I cannot use the offical advent vega update tool to restore, nor can I use adb.

How can I restore this?

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

The problem is, the tablet is still in usb host mode, so I cannot use the offical advent vega update tool t

Why do you say this? Did you guess?

The USB mode has no impact on the Advent recovery. You might want to check out the BSOD fixes from Vega Tools and Zeb before you blitz your Vega.

If I've helped you, you want to say "thanks" and you do not use Dropbox (it's enormously useful, especially with mobile devices), please consider signing up for it using my reference. You'll get 2GB of disk space for files available anywhere, any time on any device. They give us both an extra 250MB if you do sign up!

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
Great work guys, best ROM so far in my (not so) humble opinion.

THANK YOU!

kiffik

kiffik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:POV Mobii, HTC Desire

EDIT:

"Writing boot image...
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Had the same problem. Full wipe, downloaded on PC, copied over to tablet. I solved it by overwriting boot and recovery files with the ones from Corvus 0.5 ROM. It was late and I couldnt be arsed to do proper troubleshooting. Anyway, it installed and is working fine. Im no developer so I dont know what side effects this might cause...

henky92

henky92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Why do you say this? Did you guess?

The USB mode has no impact on the Advent recovery. You might want to check out the BSOD fixes from Vega Tools and Zeb before you blitz your Vega.

because when i hold the back and power button all I get is a black screen, with adb and the update tool saying no devices. I have done this before the exact same way,

I'd like to check out the BSOD fixes, but i cannot get into revory and I have no adb...

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Had the same problem. Full wipe, downloaded on PC, copied over to tablet. I solved it by overwriting boot and recovery files with the ones from Corvus 0.5 ROM. It was late and I couldnt be arsed to do proper troubleshooting. Anyway, it installed and is working fine. Im no developer so I dont know what side effects this might cause...

It's not a good solution. By changing boot, you've changed the kernel which, apart from some eye candy, kind of makes the ROM pointless. It works fine for me so sorry I can't help in the troubleshooting.

henky92

henky92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

because when i hold the back and power button all I get is a black screen, with adb and the update tool saying no devices. I have done this before the exact same way,

I'd like to check out the BSOD fixes, but i cannot get into revory and I have no adb...

Nevermind I fixed it! :) After countless and countless tries of the power and back button it worked :) thanks though!

bazzlad

bazzlad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire , Advent Vega
  • Twitter:@bazzlad
Rom seems awesome - great job!
I'm getting more double presses than usual, but I'll investigate that later.

How do I get into game mode exactly?

Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users