Photo

[ROM] Corvus5 (newbe5 and Corvus teamed ROM)

• Please log in to reply
679 replies to this topic

worto03

worto03

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Devices:Vega, ZTE Blade, lumia 800
Do you guys have usb host\slave mode switcher working on corvus5 SP1? I can't get it to work on either of the two vega's I've tried it on?

Just want to know if it's working for you - if it is it must be something I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,

worto.

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • Devices:Vega. HTC Desire

Do you guys have usb host\slave mode switcher working on corvus5 SP1? I can't get it to work on either of the two vega's I've tried it on?

Just want to know if it's working for you - if it is it must be something I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,

worto.

There isn't a switcher. Just hold back whilst booting until past the splash screen.

Edited by simonta, 01 September 2011 - 04:15 PM.

If I've helped you, you want to say "thanks" and you do not use Dropbox (it's enormously useful, especially with mobile devices), please consider signing up for it using my reference. You'll get 2GB of disk space for files available anywhere, any time on any device. They give us both an extra 250MB if you do sign up!

Apple? I'd rather eat my own kidneys!

duvee

duvee

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
it's working for me. :)

worto03

worto03

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Thanks for the answers guys, I know there isn't a switcher as such, but when I follow the instructions on the 1st page,the back button thing, it just force closes on me. I posted a while back but nobody answered so when the thread was bumped back up I thought I'd try again.

It doesn't work on either vega for me - both exactly the same force close error - both wiped to stock then flashed using vega tools, odd. At least I know it's not a fault in the ROM in general now - didn't think it would be or it would be more discussed on here...

This is my post from a couple of weeks ago - if anyone has any ideas let me know or I might try manually reflashing one of them instead of using vega tools but I can't see what the difference would be?

Hi,

I'm new to corvus5 - just moved over from modaco r8, it's looking good but I can't get the usb mode switcher to work.

When I try to swap to host mode to use a usb stick I follow these instructions

For enter usb host mode:
Press power button, once display get power (you will see the diference), press back button and hold until finish booting.

I take it once the display gets power it means when the backlight comes on then hold it down until I get to the pattern lock screen?

When I do this after the pattern lock I get the message

Sorry - the application Advent Vega USB HostMode Indicator (process com.ptbwillis.gridhostmodeindicator) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force Close.

Then when I hit the force close button it's still in slave mode

Any ideas? Thanks for any help,

worto.

Edited by worto03, 02 September 2011 - 10:24 AM.

lesd

lesd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Devices:advent vega

Thanks for the answers guys, I know there isn't a switcher as such, but when I follow the instructions on the 1st page,the back button thing, it just force closes on me. I posted a while back but nobody answered so when the thread was bumped back up I thought I'd try again.

It doesn't work on either vega for me - both exactly the same force close error - both wiped to stock then flashed using vega tools, odd. At least I know it's not a fault in the ROM in general now - didn't think it would be or it would be more discussed on here...

This is my post from a couple of weeks ago - if anyone has any ideas let me know or I might try manually reflashing one of them instead of using vega tools but I can't see what the difference would be?

Have you tried it with the pattern lock disabled? USB host mode worked fine for me when I ws using Corvus 5, but I never used the pattern lock.

PraveenVS

PraveenVS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, HTC Sensation
  • Twitter:@Prazy09
Will i be able to use Three mobile dongle on advent vega ?? and do i have to use it on the tablet or in the dock station ??

BiggerH

BiggerH

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Will i be able to use Three mobile dongle on advent vega ?? and do i have to use it on the tablet or in the dock station ??

can't seem to get it working on mine.

installed corvus5 rom earleir this week. and it's the only thing I can't get working.

I get to the wireless settings, but when searching for network providers it comes up with 'error while searching for networks'

can anyone help please (I've installed the 3g zip file and the green light is lit up on the dongle)

worto03

worto03

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Have you tried it with the pattern lock disabled? USB host mode worked fine for me when I ws using Corvus 5, but I never used the pattern lock.

thanks - I did try it on one of the vega's with no pattern lock - still the same problem, after reading about the new vegacomb release having on the fly - no need for a reboot - usb mode changing I tried that & there's no way I'm going back, it's the smoothest my vega has ever run!

Cheers,

worto.

xlosox

xlosox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:vcpad10
Hello.

Please sound and rotate nor working.
Anyboday knows why?

Thanks

leosun

leosun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
when i updated the 3g.zip in CWM mode for my corvus5 vega,i can not find the mobile network option in setting up yet,the last option is still vpn network setting.please help me good guys.thanks very much.

richardmlea

richardmlea

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:Technology, science, movies, motorcycles, classic volkswagons, paintball, skiing to name a few of my interests.
  • Devices:P10AN01, TF201, HTC Sensation
  • Twitter:@richard lea

when i updated the 3g.zip in CWM mode for my corvus5 vega,i can not find the mobile network option in setting up yet,the last option is still vpn network setting.please help me good guys.thanks very much.

Hi leo,
If you have the phone apk's installed go to settings, accounts, add account, google, don't enter account details instead press the menu button on the status bar and select settings, and tick 3g power and enable data.
It will take a few seconds to power on the modem and about 20 seconds to establish a connection.
Here is a short video of me doing it if you need it (I have an internal Huewei E130 modem but its the same for all 3G modems).
http://imageshack.us...s/580/g20z.mp4/
You can download Widgets to open the last page of the above steps so you can toggle 3g with a couple of clicks instead of 6 clicks. Check the market for these.

Richard Lea
[email protected]
Replacement Tablet Screens UK
I offer a friendly, UK Advent Vega repair service for hardware problems. Just PM or email me your requirements.
Replacement Touchscreens, LCD's and repair service for most Tablets.

leosun

leosun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Thanks Richard.

I have successfully connected the 3G signal followed your instruction .right the moment my vega can receive incoming call signal and make outgoing call signal ,which means i can not talk through vega just know the number who called me......
Any way to make vega a real big talk-able phone? Thanks.

Hi leo,
If you have the phone apk's installed go to settings, accounts, add account, google, don't enter account details instead press the menu button on the status bar and select settings, and tick 3g power and enable data.
It will take a few seconds to power on the modem and about 20 seconds to establish a connection.
Here is a short video of me doing it if you need it (I have an internal Huewei E130 modem but its the same for all 3G modems).
http://imageshack.us...s/580/g20z.mp4/
You can download Widgets to open the last page of the above steps so you can toggle 3g with a couple of clicks instead of 6 clicks. Check the market for these.

Edited by leosun, 08 January 2012 - 12:35 AM.

IanTurner

IanTurner

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega
see here for a discussion on making calls through a 3g dongle.
Skype with an online number subscription seems to be the simplest solution.
Remember that 3g dongles are meant to be for accessing the internet while away from wifi hotspots not for doing Dom Joly impersonations on the train with a huge mobile phone :lol:

Abusor

Abusor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:PoV Mobii Tegra 2
Any other download location for this ROM? Seems multiupload.com is down at the moment and has been for a few days.

sjrixon

sjrixon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:None

Edited by sjrixon, 11 February 2012 - 05:38 PM.

BMC1961

BMC1961

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Update here...

http://www.mediafire...SP1-Updater.zip

Main Rom here..

http://www.mediafire...vhu/Corvus5.zip

I'm having trouble downloading these files from Mediafire, I get an "Invalid or Deleted File" error.
Are they being targeted as a file sharing site, like Megaupload?
Are these files available anywhere else?

Thanks,

Barry

richardmlea

richardmlea

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:Technology, science, movies, motorcycles, classic volkswagons, paintball, skiing to name a few of my interests.
  • Devices:P10AN01, TF201, HTC Sensation
  • Twitter:@richard lea

I'm having trouble downloading these files from Mediafire, I get an "Invalid or Deleted File" error.
Are they being targeted as a file sharing site, like Megaupload?
Are these files available anywhere else?

Thanks,

Barry

Try again barry, they are working now.

Richard Lea
[email protected]
Replacement Tablet Screens UK
I offer a friendly, UK Advent Vega repair service for hardware problems. Just PM or email me your requirements.
Replacement Touchscreens, LCD's and repair service for most Tablets.

BMC1961

BMC1961

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Try again barry, they are working now.

Thanks for the quick reply, downloading them now.

jimh

jimh

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, N1 & Orange SF
Can someone please post a link to the Honeycomb theme for this ROM.
All the links at the begining are not working.

GedBlake

GedBlake

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Tech, Sci-Fi, Prog Rock
  • Devices:Advent Vega, Nexus 7

Can someone please post a link to the Honeycomb theme for this ROM.
All the links at the begining are not working.

Hi, jimh...

It's available at XDA here...

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1041696

or you can get it from my MediaFire account here...

http://www.mediafire...l0zk5peghpnthpg

GED.

Edited by GedBlake, 04 May 2012 - 06:25 AM.

"Good Judgement Comes with Experience, but Experience Comes from Bad Judgement"

“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
~ Charles Dickens ~

Advent Vega: VegaBean Beta 6 with 1GB ext2+zRam
Nexus 7 (16GB) WiFi: MoDaCo CyanogenMod10.1, r11 (JellyBean 4.2.2, JDQ39) and franco #58 kernel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users