Wifi Sleep Problems

Guest Difusio

Guest Difusio

Hey peeps,

First of all, Paul, thanx for an excellent ROM.

Ever since fr 3 or 4 or so, my wifi disconnects when my phone goes to sleep. Since i don't have a GPRS data connection @ my home location, it doesn't check email or anything when it's sleeping.

When I wake the phone it doesn't automaticly reenable wifi. When I disable and enable wifi it reconnects.

Anyone recognizes these problems?

I'm using FR12 right now with the newest Baseband.

Guest BigBlue007

I don't think that this will help them, because none of these settings has anything to do with the behaviour he's describing. :)

@Difusio: I have the same problem, but I have it only since FR12. OR since the new baseband. I did both simultaneously, so I'm not sure which of the 2 causes the issue. :)

It's not present all the time. Happens only sometimes. Interestingly, also Mobile Data is affected, i.e. once WLAN isn't coming back to live, Mobile Data isn't as well. Turning off/on WLAN solves the problem. A reboot solves it also. But only temporarily, for lets say a few hours. It could also be that the two of us installed some app that causes this. I will need to dig into this more deeply...

I think Paul is off at the moment, so it might take some time for the next release. Furthermore, I believe that we will see the first CM7 build next week, which I definitely want to flash, so I don't really care much about this problem right now. Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. And that AlexandrKiev missed the point completely. :(

Edited by BigBlue007

Guest Stevvie

I had this also, DIRECTLY after installing juice defender. So I removed juice defender and no longer have this problem.

Do any of you 2 have juice defender or anything like it installed ?

Edited by Stevvie

Guest pearpear
I had this also, DIRECTLY after installing juice defender. So I removed juice defender and no longer have this problem.

Do any of you 2 have juice defender or anything like it installed ?

Yes, I've exactly the same problem with juice defender installed :)

Guest Stevvie
I had Juice Defender, but now i've done a complete whipe of my device, reinstalled FR11 with newest BaseBand. Still the same problem.

There is a free app on the market called WiFi fixer that seems to fix a few WiFi related problems. It worked wonders for my network as for some reason it becomes disabled on my O2X but has NEVER become disabled on my WiFi and daughters ZTE Blades