• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

leromarinvit

leromarinvit

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

what I thnking of is a liitle bit crazy..
use my method to boot up the device into DFU mode..
them use the gen2 upgrade program again... of course u have to bear the risk of messing up the IMEI

The normal Gen2 updater never worked for me in DFU mode, but your program does. So I'd say:
1) boot into DFU mode and use this program to flash Gen2, this will make it boot again
2) flash stock recovery, to get FTM
3) use the normal Gen2 update & replace Channel1.nvm at ~10% (you did make a backup, didn't you?) to get your IMEI back

burstlam

burstlam

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
login to my downloader as Administrator (Press the ! mark in the login window)

PW: ZTEsmt123

set up this thread according to this setting

Posted Image

Edited by burstlam, 22 April 2011 - 05:43 PM.

Mahendra Soni

Mahendra Soni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco

login to my downloader as Administrator (Press the ! mark in the login window)

PW: ZTEsmt123

set up this thread according to this setting

Posted Image

Thank you so much ... your trick worked. :)
I used your downloader and i got this message : Line1 success! It cost 0 minutes and 31 seconds
Now I have CWM Recovery v3.0.1.4 installed. I also flashed KK's SS RLS5 and it was successfully installed. But as I reboot, it again going into recovery mode :)

Edited by Mahendra Soni, 22 April 2011 - 06:18 PM.

Mahendra Soni

Mahendra Soni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

The normal Gen2 updater never worked for me in DFU mode, but your program does. So I'd say:
1) boot into DFU mode and use this program to flash Gen2, this will make it boot again
2) flash stock recovery, to get FTM
3) use the normal Gen2 update & replace Channel1.nvm at ~10% (you did make a backup, didn't you?) to get your IMEI back

Thanks you so much for your help. Yes i made a backup of Channel1.nvm :)

burstlam

burstlam

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Thank you so much ... your trick worked. :)
I used your downloader and i got this message : Line1 success! It cost 0 minutes and 31 seconds
Now I have CWM Recovery v3.0.1.4 installed. I also flashed KK's SS RLS5 and it was successfully installed. But as I reboot, it again going into recovery mode :)

change the RECOVERY to AR MON version and try out CM instead of SS RLS5?

Edited by burstlam, 22 April 2011 - 06:23 PM.

Mahendra Soni

Mahendra Soni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

did u try out CM instead of SS RLS5?

Yes I tried cm_blade_full-41.zip and installation is also going smooth but as I reboot the system, it goes into recovery only. I was having the same problem after upgrading to gen2 in morning before i messed up by formatting all things.
How to get my blade out of going into recovery mode?

burstlam

burstlam

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Yes I tried cm_blade_full-41.zip and installation is also going smooth but as I reboot the system, it goes into recovery only. I was having the same problem after upgrading to gen2 in morning before i messed up by formatting all things.
How to get my blade out of going into recovery mode?

um... strange.. how about recovery? try ar mon recovery or cwm 3.0.2.4?

Mahendra Soni

Mahendra Soni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

um... strange.. how about recovery? try ar mon recovery or cwm 3.0.2.4?

Where can I get AR MON Recovery and how to install it?
Thank you so much for you help ... you are really saving my life :)

Edit: I have installed recovery-RA-blade-v2.3-gen2-update_signed.zip and then flashed with CM N41 and SS RLS5. Flashing goes always fine but as I reboot system, it again get into recovery mode. I can't make it boot normally :)

Edited by Mahendra Soni, 22 April 2011 - 07:23 PM.

leromarinvit

leromarinvit

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Did you try flashing the stock recovery and using the normal Gen2 update? I had a similar situation where my phone would always boot into FTM, and the Gen2 update worked.

If it doesn't work, it can't mess up too much - you can always boot into DFU and use burstlam's tool.

Mahendra Soni

Mahendra Soni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Did you try flashing the stock recovery and using the normal Gen2 update? I had a similar situation where my phone would always boot into FTM, and the Gen2 update worked.

If it doesn't work, it can't mess up too much - you can always boot into DFU and use burstlam's tool.

Yes using burstlam's tool, I installed Stock Recovery and then used normal Gen2 update. But still, even after successful flashing CM N41 or SS RLS5, my Blade again goes into recovery mode. I can't get rid of this problem at all.

Can I flash CM N41 using burstlam's tool in DFU mode?

Edited by Mahendra Soni, 22 April 2011 - 07:06 PM.

burstlam

burstlam

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Yes using burstlam's tool, I installed Stock Recovery and then used normal Gen2 update. But still, even after successful flashing CM N41 or SS RLS5, my Blade again goes into recovery mode. I can't get rid of this problem at all.

Can I flash CM N41 using burstlam's tool in DFU mode?

no, it won't .

dibbles

dibbles

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Life and family :)
  • Devices:Moto G Excite Pro Nexus 7
@Mahendra Soni - did you read about my convoluted way of resolving my situation you are back to in that other thread you initially posted your problem in..? For me I'm back to a working phone with the correct IMEI number...

http://android.modac...-only/page/300/

I'm not suggesting that what I did was the best way to resolve it but going back to GEN 1 and then doing what I did to get back to a fully working GEN 2 phone worked for me.

Mahendra Soni

Mahendra Soni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

@Mahendra Soni - did you read about my convoluted way of resolving my situation you are back to in that other thread you initially posted your problem in..? For me I'm back to a working phone with the correct IMEI number...

http://android.modac...-only/page/300/

I'm not suggesting that what I did was the best way to resolve it but going back to GEN 1 and then doing what I did to get back to a fully working GEN 2 phone worked for me.

Hi Dibbles,
Yes, I have gone through your posts and I just downgraded my mobile from gen2 to gen1 successfully as u wrote in your post. And now I am also able to use it as its now rebooting normally as it should. But, I have also lost my IMEI number and unfortunately I didn't save Chanel1.nvm file. This time I am running CM 7 Stable (gen1). In this situation can I fix my IMEI issue? Please suggest me.

Edited by Mahendra Soni, 22 April 2011 - 08:02 PM.

burstlam

burstlam

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Hi Dibbles,
Yes, I have gone through your posts and I just downgraded my mobile from gen2 to gen1 successfully as u wrote in your post. And now I am also able to use it as its now rebooting normally as it should. But, I have also lost my IMEI number and unfortunately I didn't save Chanel1.nvm file. This time I am running CM 7 Stable (gen1). In this situation can I fix my IMEI issue? Please suggest me.

I have update my post on the 1st page , providing the method to restore ur imei

x.balli.x

x.balli.x

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

sucha hero, i messed up my imei by gen 2 to gen1 conversion but this tool helped me....one more thing when i restored the channel1.nvm it said restore failed but after a bootup in cm7 n42 its actually correct imei..... .also just to double check after the restore i did a back up again and hex values were correct...so don't knw why it gave that errorr

x.balli.x

x.balli.x

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
i know its personal thing but can anyone post the channel1.nvm from gen1, u can remove ur imei.......i cant regenerate the new one

dibbles

dibbles

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Hi Dibbles,

I am hoping that the reply from burstlam will help you.
When you tried the GEN 1 to GEN 2 change it will have created the channel1.nvm file within the folder where you ran the conversion from or a sub folder of Windows called "sysdy"

Best of luck and keep us posted

CaptainSpectacular

CaptainSpectacular

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Ok, just for add one note.

For people who have upgraded to GEN2 and have "CORRECT IMEI" on GEN2 (by channel1.nvm trick for example), this program can help you to restore correct IMEI.

Thanks so much burstlam, my phone is back to GEN1 with correct IMEI. :)

Thanks to leromarinvit who guide me with nices advices.

dibbles

dibbles

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
@burstlam

I am on a GEN 2 phone after using the Windows flasher to go from GEN 1. I also have a saved channel1.nvm file with my correct IMEI number.

Could I use these tools to downgrade back to GEN 1 and use the channel1.nvm file to keep my IMEI....?

Edited by dibbles, 23 April 2011 - 09:00 AM.

Mahendra Soni

Mahendra Soni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

What I did (out of desperation)

Is to go back to Gen 1. Using this method...
Then I went back to Gen 2 using gen2_136mb_system_no_oem_15mb_cache and not only did it then work perfectly as soon as I then installed SS RLS4b it then booted perfectly normally. But with the changed IMEI number.

This only started as I was lead to believe that if I ran the Gen2 converter again it would back up my channel1.nvm file (which I failed to do the first time). It did and I have now got that. BUT tha tis where this issue started. It did not seem to like going from a GEN 2 to a GEN 2 without getting stuck in that CWM boot loop.

Installing any ROM - n41 or SSRLS4b or using the n41 and the Universal Converter simply would not work.

So even though I now have a fully functioning phone I have the wrong IMEI number but a valid channel1.nvm file but I do not know how to get that number back to what is under the battery compartment.

Thanks for any help

It worked like a treat :huh: Now I have my original IMEI number in my Blade.
As after upgrading from Gen1 to Gen2 using normal windows downloader, I was not able to take my blade out of recovery even after flashing it with CM N41 or SS RLS5 or any Gen2 ROM. Then I tried dibbles's trick to downgrade it from Gen2 to Gen1 so that i can make my Blade working. I did the following:-
1. Installed Stock Recovery so that I can get FTM mode
2. I simply extract Gen1 Standard Partition Size (image_original.zip) and replace the files in "to_gen2_xxxmb_system/files" directory
3. Run "download_nochecksGen2.exe"
4. Wait for reboot into ClockWorkRecovery
5. Installed a Gen1 Rom (CM7 Stable and SS RLS5 worked for me)
6. After rebooting my was running normally

And now once again I have a Gen1 Blade with two problems: (1) I don't have a Green Man android logo while rebooting. I have only a black screen with a thin, white horizontal line at the bottom.
(2) I lost original IMEI no.

Now from here I took your downloader's help.
(1) I replaced CWM recovery with Stock Recovery to have my blade into FTM mode.
(2) Took NV Backup and got Chanel1.nvm file
(3) Used Hex Edit to edit this .nvm file to enter my correct IMEI number as suggested.
(4) Used this .nvm file and did a NV Restore
(5) After rebooting I am having Gen1 Blade with Original IMEI

Thanks a ton to burstlam ... ur downloader works great gun. My thanks a ton to dibble also for helping me so much. :)

At this point of time, i have only one error which is missing of Green Man's Android logo while rebooting. Any suggestions please???

Update: My problem solved. I used burstlam's downloader again select Download option. I used "Orange_GEN1_136mb_sysem_no_oem_15mb_cache" partition layout which has a "Splash.img" also (it was missing in image_original.zip) and put my saved Chanel1.nvm file and hit Start All. There after I just installed CM7 Stable and now I have my original IMEI with Green Man's android logo and working Gen1 Blade again after messing up with gen1 to gen2 upgrading.
Thanks a ton again to burstlam for your Downloader.exe because of which I got my mobile working once again :( :)

Edited by Mahendra Soni, 24 April 2011 - 02:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users