What I did (out of desperation)
Is to go back to Gen 1. Using this method...
Then I went back to Gen 2 using gen2_136mb_system_no_oem_15mb_cache and not only did it then work perfectly as soon as I then installed SS RLS4b it then booted perfectly normally. But with the changed IMEI number.
This only started as I was lead to believe that if I ran the Gen2 converter again it would back up my channel1.nvm file (which I failed to do the first time). It did and I have now got that. BUT tha tis where this issue started. It did not seem to like going from a GEN 2 to a GEN 2 without getting stuck in that CWM boot loop.
Installing any ROM - n41 or SSRLS4b or using the n41 and the Universal Converter simply would not work.
So even though I now have a fully functioning phone I have the wrong IMEI number but a valid channel1.nvm file but I do not know how to get that number back to what is under the battery compartment.
Thanks for any help
I have update my post on the 1st page , providing the method to restore ur imei
It worked like a treat
Now I have my original IMEI number in my Blade.
As after upgrading from Gen1 to Gen2 using normal windows downloader, I was not able to take my blade out of recovery even after flashing it with CM N41 or SS RLS5 or any Gen2 ROM. Then I tried dibbles's trick to downgrade it from Gen2 to Gen1 so that i can make my Blade working. I did the following:-
1. Installed Stock Recovery so that I can get FTM mode
2. I simply extract Gen1 Standard Partition Size (image_original.zip) and replace the files in "to_gen2_xxxmb_system/files" directory
3. Run "download_nochecksGen2.exe"
4. Wait for reboot into ClockWorkRecovery
5. Installed a Gen1 Rom (CM7 Stable and SS RLS5 worked for me)
6. After rebooting my was running normally
And now once again I have a Gen1 Blade with two problems: (1) I don't have a Green Man android logo while rebooting. I have only a black screen with a thin, white horizontal line at the bottom.
(2) I lost original IMEI no.
Now from here I took your downloader's help.
(1) I replaced CWM recovery with Stock Recovery to have my blade into FTM mode.
(2) Took NV Backup and got Chanel1.nvm file
(3) Used Hex Edit to edit this .nvm file to enter my correct IMEI number as suggested.
(4) Used this .nvm file and did a NV Restore
(5) After rebooting I am having Gen1 Blade with Original IMEI
Thanks a ton to burstlam ... ur downloader works great gun. My thanks a ton to dibble also for helping me so much.
At this point of time, i have only one error which is missing of Green Man's Android logo while rebooting. Any suggestions please???Update
: My problem solved. I used burstlam's downloader again select Download option. I used "Orange_GEN1_136mb_sysem_no_oem_15mb_cache" partition layout which has a "Splash.img" also (it was missing in image_original.zip) and put my saved Chanel1.nvm file and hit Start All. There after I just installed CM7 Stable and now I have my original IMEI with Green Man's android logo and working Gen1 Blade again after messing up with gen1 to gen2 upgrading.Thanks a ton again to burstlam for your Downloader.exe because of which I got my mobile working once again