135 replies to this topic

CaptainSpectacular

CaptainSpectacular

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Ok, I will try to explain, maybe I'm not the good man for do that.

Here's the plan:

!!!!ONLY FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SUCCESSFULLY UPGRADED TO GEN2 WITH THIS GUIDE and have correct IMEI but after downgrade to GEN1 with THIS GUIDE have a fake IMEI (000039.....) even with the channel1.nvm trick method.!!!!

-On your phone upgraded to GEN2, install stock-recovery (credits to hecatae) Flash this with cwm. Warning, you won't be able to boot on cwm but you have stock recovery, FTM mode....

-Then reboot your phone and hold "Volume -" in the same time. Your phone show FTM now.

-download the two files here. (thanks to you burstlam)

-Follow instructions on this page but DO NOT DO ALL THINGS AFTER POINT 5 !!!!!!

-Simply tick "RF/BT/IMEI/unlock info" and "nv backup" option

-If you have the program configured as say in the instructions you can press "START ALL" button

-It will backup your NV data, it will take 1 minute or little more.

-When "PASS" appears in Green in the top-right corner, it's finish.

Now, you must downgrade your phone to GEN1. You should know how to do that now. I will not tell how to do cause there's two or more solutions I think, with maybe differents partitions layouts... You must have a wrong IMEI, wich begin with 000039.... with your GEN1 phone anyway.

Now you are on GEN1, flash again the stock recovery we have download before.

Boot on FTM mode with ''Volume -''. Run again the burstlam program just like before (as ADMINISTRATOR), and this time simply tick "RF/BT/IMEI/ulock info" and "nv restore" option.(RESTORE not BACKUP :))

Press "START ALL" button again and this time it will restore your NV data. When "PASS" appears again in top right corner, exit the program, reboot your phone and tada ! Your IMEI is back. After that simply install cwm again or what you want. And do not play anymore with GEN2 upgrade Windows flasher. :(

Hope this help, if I say bullsh*t please tell to me. I'm not responsable if you kill your phone, it's simply what I have do and this work for me.

Thanks again to burstlam and leromarinvit.

EDIT: oops sorry Mahendra Soni, post in same time. :huh:

You have to replace splash or something like that. I use the files folder of THIS for the GEN2>GEN1 downgrade and it contain the green man android. :) Search in theme tutorial you will be able to replace the splash screen easily I think.

Edited by CaptainSpectacular, 23 April 2011 - 10:49 AM.

dibbles

dibbles

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Life and family :)
  • Devices:Moto G Excite Pro Nexus 7

At this point of time, i have only one error which is missing of Green Man's Android logo while rebooting. Any suggestions please???

Glad that you have a working phone now :)

For me events overtook this threads development. As I too had a very thin white line on the bottom of my screen when booting the phone, after the GEN 1 downgrade, I wondered about that but then after seeing that I had the wrong IMEI that became a priority for me to resolve.

I just flashed to GEN 2 again and used the channel1.nvm trick at around 10% to "inject" the IMEI. For me it worked by not only giving me the correct IMEI but also it restored the "green Man" logo.

This is the guide that I used...

http://android.modac...n/#entry1677809

and then I had to root the phone. Then install CWM. Then install a ROM of my choice and it all worked a treat.

I'm not suggesting that is what you need to do but I'm just explaining what I did last night in an effort to get my IMEI back.

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i9305
  • Twitter:@meritez

Ok, I will try to explain, maybe I'm not the good man for do that.

Here's the plan:

!!!!ONLY FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SUCCESSFULLY UPGRADED TO GEN2 WITH THIS GUIDE and have correct IMEI but after downgrade to GEN1 with THIS GUIDE have a fake IMEI (000039.....) even with the channel1.nvm trick method.!!!!

-On your phone upgraded to GEN2, install stock-recovery (credits to hecatae) Flash this with cwm. Warning, you won't be able to boot on cwm but you have stock recovery, FTM mode....

-Then reboot your phone and hold "Volume -" in the same time. Your phone show FTM now.

-download the two files here. (thanks to you burstlam)

-Follow instructions on this page but DO NOT DO ALL THINGS AFTER POINT 5!!

-Simply tick "RF/BT/IMEI/ulock info" and "nv backup" option

-If you have the program configured as say in the instructions you can press "START ALL" button

-It will backup your NV data, it will take 1 minute or little more.

-When "PASS" appears in Green in the top-right corner, it's finish.
Now, you must downgrade your phone to GEN1. I should know how to do that now. I will not tell how to do cause there's two or more solutions I think, with maybe differents partitions layouts... You must have a wrong IMEI, wich begin with 000039....

Now you are on GEN1, flash again the stock recovery we have download before.

Boot on FTM mode with ''Volume -''. Run again the burstlam program, and this time simply tick "RF/BT/IMEI/ulock info" and "nv restore" option.

This time it will restore your NV data. When "PASS" appears again in top right corner, exit the program, reboot your phone and tada ! Your IMEI is back. After that simply install cwm again or what you want.

Hope this help, if I say bullsh*t please tell to me. I'm not responsable if you kill your phone, it's simply what I have do and this work for me.

Thanks again to burstlam and leromarinvit.

EDIT: oops sorry Mahendra Soni, post in same time. :)

You have to replace splash or something like that. I use the files folder of THIS for the GEN2>GEN1 downgrade and it contain the green man android. :) Search in theme tutorial you will be able to replace the splash screen easily I think.

thank you, the above needs to be stickied.

dibbles

dibbles

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
@CaptainSpectacular - thanks ever so much for your guide.

I am now at two minds whether to go for a downgrade to a GEN 1 phone or just leave it as it is. After everything that happened yesterday I'm just happy to have a working phone at the moment. :)

But temptation to go back to a GEN 1 device is very strong.

Thanks again :)

CaptainSpectacular

CaptainSpectacular

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

@CaptainSpectacular - thanks ever so much for your guide.

I am now at two minds whether to go for a downgrade to a GEN 1 phone or just leave it as it is. After everything that happened yesterday I'm just happy to have a working phone at the moment. :)

But temptation to go back to a GEN 1 device is very strong.

Thanks again :)

You're welcome, maybe someone else will rewrite this more clearly.^^

To be honnest, don't do that if your phone works. If you are aware of the "littles risks" like waranty or others things then keep your phone like that. If you're too afraid and want absolutly your phone back to GEN1 so be careful and it'll be ok, as you have do all that many times now I suppose. :huh:

Good luck. :(

dibbles

dibbles

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

You're welcome, maybe someone else will rewrite this more clearly.^^

To be honnest, don't do that if your phone works. If you are aware of the "littles risks" like waranty or others things then keep your phone like that. If you're too afraid and want absolutly your phone back to GEN1 so be careful and it'll be ok, as you have do all that many times now I suppose. :)

Good luck. :)

You make a valid point.

I was very dubious in going to GEN 2 in the first place but did so on the premise that would allow me to use the CM7's future developments with their kernel etc. One of the benefits was supposed to be a better signal but for me my phone seemed better when it was GEN 1, in that respect.

At least we now know there is a chance to go back to GEN 1.

Thanks again for taking the time to write your guide.

CaptainSpectacular

CaptainSpectacular

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

One of the benefits was supposed to be a better signal but for me my phone seemed better when it was GEN 1, in that respect.

Yes, that's what I think too, but can't tell there's very big difference now... My GEN1 signal isn't so good (but the weather is really really bad today...). I'll report soon to see if we are really lost or win something. (I think it's country dependent too...)

:)

css771

css771

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade
Thanks for the guides. Worked perfectly. It's good to have fastboot and TPT back. Now to use wbaw's TPT to go to gen2 once again. :)
I'm all for the guide part being stickied.

Edited by css771, 23 April 2011 - 11:59 AM.

dibbles

dibbles

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Thanks for the guides. Worked perfectly. It's good to have fastboot and TPT back. Now to use wbaw's TPT to go to gen2 once again. :)
I'm all for the guide part being stickied.

When you go to GEN 2 using that method will you not then lose the fastboot option as it will then be a GEN 2 phone..?

MDCFan

MDCFan

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Devices:N/A
Mirrors: http://www.multiupload.com/B3GN43UPR0

Config file included in archive and you don't need to enter password for Administrator user.
Just press exclamation mark to switch between users :)

Edited by MDCFan, 23 April 2011 - 01:18 PM.

I am selling my perfect condition OLED San Francisco here

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts

When you go to GEN 2 using that method will you not then lose the fastboot option as it will then be a GEN 2 phone..?

yes you'll still lose fastboot

css771

css771

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade

Ah yes, my bad then :)

Decadence

Decadence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
I'm trying to restore channel1 but when I run the software, next to SW it doesn't say "Phone in download mode" and the restore fails. Any ideas? At the moment I have a phone stuck in FTM mode attached to USB port.

EDIT: Never mind, I got it. :)

Edited by Decadence, 23 April 2011 - 08:45 PM.

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD
I just not getting this.
I downloaded nvm file from first post so I could correct my 000039 IME to my true IME.
I edited offset 1215 with my own IME.
Flashed nvm back with the tool from first post.(which was a pass)
And now my IME is the same as the demo on first post: 345678910121314. :mellow:

Still If not for dibbles who patiently pointed me to burstlam's instructions,I would not even have got that far.
So I am not complaining here,guess I just too noob to understand some things.

Edited by jikobutsu, 30 April 2011 - 07:00 PM.

CaptainSpectacular

CaptainSpectacular

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
Maybe you have not place the channel1.nvm in the correct place ? Or maybe not save the modifications to the file ? (what's program you use to modify HEX ?)

Anyway, i'm not familiar with this method. But if you read slowly and try to understand how it's work, you can restore your IMEI "fingers in the nose". :o

Good luck. :mellow:

Edited by CaptainSpectacular, 30 April 2011 - 09:08 PM.

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD

Maybe you have not place the channel1.nvm in the correct place ? Or maybe not save the modifications to the file ? (what's program you use to modify HEX ?)

Anyway, i'm not familiar with this method. But if you read slowly and try to understand how it's work, you can restore your IMEI "fingers in the nose". :o

Good luck. :mellow:

If channel1 one was in the wrong place the tool would not be able to flash it and confirm pass
The hex editor I used was HxD Hex editor version 1.7.7.0

salah_heart

salah_heart

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Devices:samsung
Backup the Original IMEI

For those who wanna perform NV backup or restore should know that,
u can't make a nvm backup or restore unless FTM mode of stock recovery has been launch,
for this action need to be done with the FTM protocol instead of DFU mode.

so just flash back the stock recovery and boot it to FTM mode before running this official downloader.
select both RF/BT/IMEI/ulock info and nv backup option , u will get a proper working nvm for future use. )

Posted Image
Restoring IMEI

As mention, to make the nv option works , ur have to flash back the stock recovery and get it boot in FTM mode.

if u mess up with ur imei , u can revive it by editing the nvm file and flash it back.

make a backup with mydownloader . edit the channel1.nvm with any hex editor

or download it from here

go to offset 0x1105
Posted Image

the current imei is store in dec format , an imei : 3 45 67 89 10 12 13 14

will be reordered as 3A 54 76 98 01 21 31 41
first digit settle in this way: (0)3>>3(0), A=0

get ur self the orignial imei with the sticker on the phone
reorder it with the above proper format.

save the changes and then restore it with the official downloader
by enabling the "NV RESTORE" and "RF /BT /IMEI" Option.

and u will have yr IMEI back.

for those who lose their IMEI with a downgrade GEN1 machine and without a proper backup.

download this GEN1 base NVM file:

http://hotfile.com/d...annel1.nvm.html (GEN 1 nvm BACKUP)

ur IMEI location starting from offset 1215, edit it with a hexeditor with proper order.

restore steps are same as Gen2.
[/quote]

i did evry thing but when i changing imei using hex editor it still the same( i used ur chanel1.nvm cuz i forget to backup my file from the first)

plzzz could you tell me in verry easy way to change my imei

plz again make it verry easy

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
my imei is offset at 0x1215

burstlam

burstlam

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
address differed from the updater u choose.

0X1105 or 0X1215

RaZoR Liquid

RaZoR Liquid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid
Hi guys,i need help!! ^^

I lost my IMEI trying to flash GEN2 to GEN1.

Step1:
I flash "Orange_GEN1_136mb_sysem_no_oem_15mb_cache", it works.

Step2:
By clockworkmod, i restore default orange FR rom ("OFR_P729BV1.0.0B08-update_signed.zip") and it works.
After that i revert back the default recovery (always by clockworkmod with "restore_stock_recovery.zip").

Step3:
I edit your "Channel1" file and i replace fake IMEI by mine.
I "RestorNV",it works.

Step4:
To finish i reboot, the default orange rom finish to setup,

Problem:
Once started No Sim Card code ask. So no network.
I go under android setting -> And it shows my correct IMEI, but IMEISV is 00.

(I also try to flash "Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9"same problem)

Can someone help me plz =)

Ps: Sorry for my bad english

Edited by RaZoR Liquid, 24 May 2011 - 06:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users