The android for B7610 collection thread

Guest ErnstJanF

Guest erikcas
What about this ROM, though? Anybody here tried this one from a german guy?

http://hackbart5.pytalhost.com/wordpress/?p=234

Sadly, though, the largest file (2nd link) has been taken down by megaupload. i'm wondering though if it's the same as the 3-part froyo-fs file in the other thread?

I've looked into this for a moment I remember, 2 months ago, I can remember it is exactly the same. The third file, the "patched" kernel file is identical to the one from http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid

So imo, maybe this guy has good intentions, but is mirrorring files unasked on a site that is full of linking to sites for which I doubt the intentions.

grtz Erik

Edited by erikcas

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aishiteru

Hey Guys,

Is there something new about the Wifi connection? Did anybody solved the problem?

I installed this Version of Android on my Omnia Pro B7610 and it works very fine. No crashes till now, but i can't download something from the market because i haven't got a internet-flatrate.

Is there any possibility to run the Wifi? Or are there other ways to install the programs from the marketplace on my phone?

Best regards Aishiteru

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jmxxi21

hello there.. where can i down load this file coz i cant downld it tanx..... froyo_beta_102

tanx this will be a lot of help from u guys keep on doing your best thank you

Guest jmxxi21

Step-by-step: Install android on SD-card

1. Requirements

You will need the files below before you proceed:

Android installation

2D/3D drivers

B7610 support files

2. Unpacking files

You will need the 3 downloaded files, so I recommend to unpack them to a location that isn't that hard to find.

post-591484-1303459895_thumb.png

You can unzip it like this:

post-591484-1303459955_thumb.png

3. Putting the files on 'My storage'

Put the phone into 'Mass storage' and select 'My Storage'.

You will see it on Windows (computer):

post-591484-1303460071_thumb.png

Copy the contents from 'Froyo_beta1_1024' to 'My Storage' likt this:

post-591484-1303460206_thumb.png

4. Install Android

First, unplug your phone from the computer.

NOTE: You will need more than 1GB of free space on your SD-card before proceeding!

On your phone, open your file manager and go to 'My storage'.

Next, open the folder 'o2beta'. You will see 4 files:

haret.exe, sd.cpio.gz, startup.txt, zImage.

Launch haret.exe and click 'Run'.

If the installation fails, look at the error message and check the 'known issues below this post'.

Your phone will now reboot back into Windows Mobile.

5. Installing updates

Plug your phone back in, so you get the 'My Storage' on your computer.

Copy the file I selected in the screenshot below to 'My Storage':

post-591484-1303460610_thumb.png

You will now have the following in 'My Storage':

post-591484-1303460797_thumb.png

Unplug the phone again

Go back into the filemanager on your phone, and launch the haret.exe on your 'My Storage'. NOT the one you used in step 4, but the one next to the log.txt.

You will now see Android boot (It can take about 5 minutes the first time..).

Once you can use Android, DO NOT do anything. Instead, hold the END_CALL (Hangup) button and press 'Reboot' or 'Shutdown'.

You are now back in Windows Mobile.

6. Install support files for B7610

Hook up the phone to your computer (yes, again! I promise this is the last time).

Go into your downloaded files folder, and select these files:

post-591484-1303461098_thumb.png

Copy those to 'My storage'. You will get a warning that 'zImage' already exists, overwrite it.

post-591484-1303461337_thumb.png

Check if you have the same as me:

post-591484-1303461366_thumb.png

Unplug your phone, and launch haret.exe like you did in step 5. (From my storage, not from o2beta folder!)

Enjoy :-)

i cant download the android instalation thanx where can i download it ty.... keep on doing this ur doing a great jo tanx a lot,.,.,.,..,

Guest erikcas

i cant download the android instalation thanx where can i download it ty.... keep on doing this ur doing a great jo tanx a lot,.,.,.,..,

Will PM one of the devs.

Guest neko857

thanks for this guide :)

the keyboard backlight is lit up together with the screen and it drains my battery quickly, is there a way to lessen the backlight time of the keyboard or have it off when the keyboard is not in slide state?

i installed android in 8 gig sdhc mem card but i am having problem with the speed. it is working nice in my 4 gig but it would be nicer if i can install it on 8 gig. is there anyone who was able to install this on 8 gig perfectly?

lastly. is there a guide like this for samsung jet?

thanks again, and keep up the good work! :)

Guest FloydPink

Next time please to seach by Google: -----

EDIT: Sorry i did not know, but their link is unavailable.

Edited by FloydPink

Step-by-step: Install android on SD-card

1. Requirements

You will need the files below before you proceed:

Android installation

2D/3D drivers

B7610 support files

2. Unpacking files

You will need the 3 downloaded files, so I recommend to unpack them to a location that isn't that hard to find.

post-591484-1303459895_thumb.png

You can unzip it like this:

post-591484-1303459955_thumb.png

3. Putting the files on 'My storage'

Put the phone into 'Mass storage' and select 'My Storage'.

You will see it on Windows (computer):

post-591484-1303460071_thumb.png

Copy the contents from 'Froyo_beta1_1024' to 'My Storage' likt this:

post-591484-1303460206_thumb.png

4. Install Android

First, unplug your phone from the computer.

NOTE: You will need more than 1GB of free space on your SD-card before proceeding!

On your phone, open your file manager and go to 'My storage'.

Next, open the folder 'o2beta'. You will see 4 files:

haret.exe, sd.cpio.gz, startup.txt, zImage.

Launch haret.exe and click 'Run'.

If the installation fails, look at the error message and check the 'known issues below this post'.

Your phone will now reboot back into Windows Mobile.

5. Installing updates

Plug your phone back in, so you get the 'My Storage' on your computer.

Copy the file I selected in the screenshot below to 'My Storage':

post-591484-1303460610_thumb.png

You will now have the following in 'My Storage':

post-591484-1303460797_thumb.png

Unplug the phone again

Go back into the filemanager on your phone, and launch the haret.exe on your 'My Storage'. NOT the one you used in step 4, but the one next to the log.txt.

You will now see Android boot (It can take about 5 minutes the first time..).

Once you can use Android, DO NOT do anything. Instead, hold the END_CALL (Hangup) button and press 'Reboot' or 'Shutdown'.

You are now back in Windows Mobile.

6. Install support files for B7610

Hook up the phone to your computer (yes, again! I promise this is the last time).

Go into your downloaded files folder, and select these files:

post-591484-1303461098_thumb.png

Copy those to 'My storage'. You will get a warning that 'zImage' already exists, overwrite it.

post-591484-1303461337_thumb.png

Check if you have the same as me:

post-591484-1303461366_thumb.png

Unplug your phone, and launch haret.exe like you did in step 5. (From my storage, not from o2beta folder!)

Enjoy :-)

hello sir,

i am gonna try once again to install android on my B7610 on SD card.

i am going to use 2gb SD card. sir before installations i want to know certain basic things.

1) as you have said in step 3 to select "MY STORAGE" and copy file there. i wanted to know that if we copy files on "MY STORAGE" and run HARET.exe(o2 folder one) as suggested will that install android on my SD card or on MY STORAGE.

2) by selecting MY storage in mass storage mode and running HARET.exe will it create partition on MY storage ?

3) Do i need to format my SD card in certain format (fat , fat32) for the installations ?

Guest erikcas

Next time please to seach by Google: <My link>

From first post of original topic:

Info sites:

- Project page

- Beta download page. Please do not mirror, because we need download statistics.

- Kernel source browser For access use svn client and address: svn://o2droid.phj.hu/droid.

- FAQ and HOW TO's @modaco. Please do not ask questions in this thread.

- almar's twitter

Devs ask us not to mirror. Please respect this. I have PM'ed Voyteckst and asked him if devs are aware of the fact that the given link is not working.

Correct link I think is http://o2droid.phj.h..._beta1_1024.zip

This is from original dev source.

Edited by erikcas

From first post of original topic:

Info sites:

- Project page

- Beta download page. Please do not mirror, because we need download statistics.

- Kernel source browser For access use svn client and address: svn://o2droid.phj.hu/droid.

- FAQ and HOW TO's @modaco. Please do not ask questions in this thread.

- almar's twitter

Devs ask us not to mirror. Please respect this. I have PM'ed Voyteckst and asked him if devs are aware of the fact that the given link is not working.

Correct link I think is http://o2droid.phj.h..._beta1_1024.zip

This is from original dev source.

hello,

just the link that you have provided above for FAQ and HOW TO's is for I8000. will that be the same for ours B7610 ?

Guest erikcas

hello,

just the link that you have provided above for FAQ and HOW TO's is for I8000. will that be the same for ours B7610 ?

Yes, image is same for both 8000 and 7610.The difference for B7610 is patched kernel, B7610 support files in step 1. Which are also mirrored, officially on http://code.google.c.../downloads/list choose rev51.

Edited by erikcas

Guest Jimmy X

Followed instructions and it all works. I can launch "haret" from root of storage and all is well. I cannot for the life of me get gen.y working though. It always says "android missing". I have tried editting the registry - even tried adding "andboot" into the mix. haret.exe is in the root of storage so ive tried leaving the location blank and trying \storage card\haret.exe but nothing will get gen.y to acknowledge android is there. I have soft reset inbetween registry changes (good old M$).

It isnt a major hassle to press the haret shortcut but a working gen.y would be nice.

Hello,

wish to thank all the developers because of which i am using android on my B7610..

thanks a lot guys ... wish to see a fully functional version soon..

hello friends,

Yesterday i downloaded some games like paper toss and angry birds.

paper toss is working fine .. but angry birds dint .. seems like some graphic issue.

Is that the issue known ? or its only because i had old 2d/3d drivers ?

please do let me know if the game is working fine with everyone else.

thanks.

Guest erikcas

hello friends,

Yesterday i downloaded some games like paper toss and angry birds.

paper toss is working fine .. but angry birds dint .. seems like some graphic issue.

Is that the issue known ? or its only because i had old 2d/3d drivers ?

please do let me know if the game is working fine with everyone else.

thanks.

You wil have to download a particular Angry Birds version. I believe it was the spica version. Tried it a while ago, was working fine.

Guest zbyshq

I installed Android step by step using this guide. As a result I got a useless OS :(

1. Android reacts very slow, the Android wizard is not working. I can't even go past the "Touch the Android" screen.

2. After about 20 seconds the screen goes black. There's no way to wake up the screen. The only way remains to reset the phone.

3. Hardware keyboard lights all the time, even when it is not slid out.

How have you got Android working?? Our phones are identical, we installed Android according to the same guide. How can it be that on some Android works?? :(

I have the same problem I can not get through the tutorial it always freezes. There are bugs here with the keyboard and the core ... Same time, What?

Guest ludviktom

I have the same problem too. The phone shows the error message "android.process.acore..." all the time and i can't get through the wizard. Can anyone help us?

Guest erikcas

I have the same problem I can not get through the tutorial it always freezes. There are bugs here with the keyboard and the core ... Same time, What?

I installed Android step by step using this guide. As a result I got a useless OS :(

1. Android reacts very slow, the Android wizard is not working. I can't even go past the "Touch the Android" screen.

2. After about 20 seconds the screen goes black. There's no way to wake up the screen. The only way remains to reset the phone.

3. Hardware keyboard lights all the time, even when it is not slid out.

How have you got Android working?? Our phones are identical, we installed Android according to the same guide. How can it be that on some Android works?? :(

Did you apply the rev51 update? When you get to the wizard pull battery and boot to winmo. Place o2b3update.tar.gz and zImage from rev51 patch on my storage and boot. Maybe boot twice. Keyboard is corrected afterwards and you will get through the touch the droid wizzard

third question: This is known, but is not serieous affecting your battery life. It will be off when your phone is in sleep mode.

Edited by erikcas

Guest erikcas

I have the same problem too. The phone shows the error message "android.process.acore..." all the time and i can't get through the wizard. Can anyone help us?

Reinstall. When you get to the wizard, pull battery and apply rev51 update (see my last post right above this one)

Edited by erikcas

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest liefdesdichter

Known issues and fixes

Screen goes off while in-call, and phone call ends

Install 'call light' from the market

My SD-card doesn't get mounted

Use FAT32 or FAT for your data partition (the one your files are on)

I get the 'request_sleep_wake_suspended' error on boot

You didn't install the correct 2D/3D drivers, you can find them in my tutorial above.

Wifi/Bluetooth does not work?

That's right, it's not finished yet.

I'm sure there are more errors, but these are the most common ones and I will add more later

Wifi/Bluetooth does not work?

That's right, it's not finished yet.

when will it finished !!!