[ROM] Swedish Spring RLS5 Remix2 - Phat One

Guest Len Ash

Guest XpressAndy
Love the new boot animation LanceH :)

Like the picme...

1303662433.png

Thanks yet again for your work :)

BTW - what is com.appspot.swisscodemonkeys.apps.apk and is it safe to remove..?

Which theme/wallpaper is that? It looks cool.

Guest dibbles

I'm not sure where the wallpaper came from but here it is...

http://files.upit.me/1303740947.jpg

The clock is "Digiclock" - from the market

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.d...e=search_result

Extended Controls are used.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.extendedcontrols

Launcher Pro is the launcher

Edited by dibbles

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hey guys,

I've gone back to using Froyo 2.2 for a while, having a break from CM7 for a bit....

To the Devs of this release, or anyone with Android experience.... one of the things I miss from the CM7 is [Power Button] option brings up a [Reboot] option, that can also take you into [Recovery].....

How does one get this Option enabled in this release please...??

Many thanks, Lister

Guest dibbles
Hey guys,

I've gone back to using Froyo 2.2 for a while, having a break from CM7 for a bit....

To the Devs of this release, or anyone with Android experience.... one of the things I miss from the CM7 is [Power Button] option brings up a [Reboot] option, that can also take you into [Recovery].....

How does one get this Option enabled in this release please...??

Many thanks, Lister

Look on the market for an application called "quick boot" - it has a lightning flash as an icon. I have that on my desktop and it does the same thing you want without having to press a physical button, even better imo.

you can see it in my screenshot above labelled "boot".

Edited by dibbles

Guest TheBrainKafka

An really useful and cool feature would be to have the energy things (wifi/gps/bt/3g/...) in the notification bar included.

Do you know how to get this in there - LanceH?

Guest Len Ash
An really useful and cool feature would be to have the energy things (wifi/gps/bt/3g/...) in the notification bar included.

Do you know how to get this in there - LanceH?

Yes, I may add at some stage, but not in the near future.

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi Guys,

@Dibbles

Thank you for your prompt reply, and answering my post... yes, I did notice that "Quick Boot" app in the screenshots above. At first I was kinda hoping summit a bit more intergrated, like it is in CM7 using the physical power button, so its always there without having to slide through screens. But then last night after pressing power button (although no harm, damage yet) I am wondering if it will die through repeated pressing, like my iPod Touch did... :huh: So yeah, I think an App maybe more worth while now, and I can add it to the Dock, as I have LauncherPro on it, that has 3x5 icons... :) so always there..... - thank you

@LanceH

Thank you for your hardwork on these ROMS, always appreciated, and gives us users CHOICE!!! :) thank you..... with your Gingerbready.... are you saying thats added the Reboot/Power Options I seek? Or jus announcing its available, and that it has the look and theme of Gingerbeard now? Is it still a Gen1/Gen2 rom, or only Gen2 now? Can it be installed over the top of your previous ROM?

@TheBrainKafka

Yes mate, I was thinking/hoping for the same thing too... last night whilst in bed (dont worry, I wont go into detail... lol) I was using the SanFran, and kinda laying to one side and annoyed it kept going into Landscape. Whilst I know I can deactivate this... one of the nice features in CM7 was you can decide how its displayed by the tweaks in the notification area.... so yeah, adding those would be great and very useful.... :(

Cheers, Lister

Guest XpressAndy

Hey LanceH mate,

I myself is a software developer. I would like to learn android development.

How do I go about it? Any resources etc?

Would you be kind enough to guide me in the right direction? :)

Guest RaptorIndia

Please forgive my ignorance, I have SS Rls 3 installed in my first Gen tft Blade. But I am quite excited by this modded release of the SS Rls5 version by Lance H.

I made adjustments or changes to the system partition by using wabw tool...

I also have made a ext3 partition of 512 MB on my sd card.

now my system has 331 MB and is still 98 MB free :)

So what I need to know is .. do I need to modify the partition to its default again using wabw tool ?

I will do a full wipe as I have everything backed up, apps, accounts, and contacts and sms..

Guest Iolona

Sorry for being dull, but is the lite version of this remix the one in [ROM] Swedish Spring RLS5 Remixed, Gen 1 or 2 or will there be another one?

I tried comparing the app directories of remix1 and 2 and then deleting the apps that were added to remix 2, in order to get a lite version with the black status bar. But when I compressed the folder again it wouldn't install.

Guest Len Ash
Sorry for being dull, but is the lite version of this remix the one in [ROM] Swedish Spring RLS5 Remixed, Gen 1 or 2 or will there be another one?

I tried comparing the app directories of remix1 and 2 and then deleting the apps that were added to remix 2, in order to get a lite version with the black status bar. But when I compressed the folder again it wouldn't install.

There are differences beyond the apps in /system/app...

I kept the 2 ROM sets on seperate posts for that reason - well, one reason anyway.

What are you trying to do/achieve, exactly?

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Len Ash
Hey LanceH mate,

I myself is a software developer. I would like to learn android development.

How do I go about it? Any resources etc?

Would you be kind enough to guide me in the right direction? :)

Indeed, what do you want to do, and what can you/can't you do at the moment?

(I'm more cooker than dev here, by the way, although I do "coding things" to other phones in XDA under a completely different moniker).

Guest Iolona
There are differences beyond the apps in /system/app...

I kept the 2 ROM sets on seperate posts for that reason - well, one reason anyway.

What are you trying to do/achieve, exactly?

What I wanted to achieve, I guess, was to install remix 2 to get a version with the black status bar and different font (and other improvements?), which I couldn't find for remix 1.

Remix 2 wouldn't install correctly for me: couldn't get any service, hardware buttons not working as expected and other strange behavior. I figured it might be to large for my partition and therefore installing incorrectly or something, and wanted to try to downsize it to see if that helped. (Using a 136MB partiton with 2MB cache + cache2tmpfs.)

For reference SS RLS5 and remix 1 works correctly, I wiped on install and tried reinstalling several times.

Guest Len Ash
What I wanted to achieve, I guess, was to install remix 2 to get a version with the black status bar and different font (and other improvements?), which I couldn't find for remix 1.

Remix 2 wouldn't install correctly for me: couldn't get any service, hardware buttons not working as expected and other strange behavior. I figured it might be to large for my partition and therefore installing incorrectly or something, and wanted to try to downsize it to see if that helped. (Using a 136MB partiton with 2MB cache + cache2tmpfs.)

For reference SS RLS5 and remix 1 works correctly, I wiped on install and tried reinstalling several times.

2 is ~139M IIRC...

Just unzip system, delete some non-Google apps, rezip, flash.

Guest Iolona
2 is ~139M IIRC...

Just unzip system, delete some non-Google apps, rezip, flash.

Ah, worked like a charm now. Thank you for both your help and remixing!

Guest XpressAndy
Indeed, what do you want to do, and what can you/can't you do at the moment?

(I'm more cooker than dev here, by the way, although I do "coding things" to other phones in XDA under a completely different moniker).

Well I haven't done mobile development yet. I do coding in .net, C#, WPF etc

I would love to learn developing android apps and ROMs! :)

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi Guys,

Is there anyway, to achieve this, either from this ROM or from the Market...?? as I cant find any Apps that do yet???

[Notification Widgets]

360px-NotificationWidgets.png

[Power Off Options]

powermenu.png

If ya know of similar Apps in the Market, please let me know....

Thanks, Lister

Guest isambard
Hi Guys,

Is there anyway, to achieve this, either from this ROM or from the Market...?? as I cant find any Apps that do yet???

[Power Off Options]

powermenu.png

If ya know of similar Apps in the Market, please let me know....

Thanks, Lister

not sure what exactly you're after, but i wrote a reboot/poweroff app. you can get the url/QR code here:

http://droidgram.com/forum/17-DroidGram-Fa...ot-Quick-Reboot

ss-2-320-480-160-0-c32542ec4e1553429f2beb02cb4562569b4c52cd#.png

Edited by isambard

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi Isambard,

Thats pretty much what I am looking for, idealy it would be nice if it intergrated into the OS, in that when ya press the Power Button, you get those options. But your App/Method achieves same result, and less stress on the button... :)

So yeah, thanks very much.... :)

Now jus need the widgets at the top, like in CM7 and I am done.... well, I would be, until I spotted something else not working :(

Can anyone tell me why, and where to chance/enable in that when I plug my USB Charger in, I do not get the option to mount so that its visable by the PC. It doesnt react at all in that way, only so much as to say its charging, and thats it.... what have I done wrong?? or is there a bug??

Cheers, Lister

Guest RaptorIndia

I think nobody read my post or it is too noobish for people to respond !!

Please comment guys.

Please forgive my ignorance, I have SS Rls 3 installed in my first Gen tft Blade. But I am quite excited by this modded release of the SS Rls5 version by Lance H.

I made adjustments or changes to the system partition by using wabw tool...

I also have made a ext3 partition of 512 MB on my sd card.

now my system has 331 MB and is still 98 MB free :)

So what I need to know is .. do I need to modify the partition to its default again using wabw tool ?

I will do a full wipe as I have everything backed up, apps, accounts, and contacts and sms..

Guest isambard
Hi Isambard,

Thats pretty much what I am looking for, idealy it would be nice if it intergrated into the OS, in that when ya press the Power Button, you get those options. But your App/Method achieves same result, and less stress on the button... :)

So yeah, thanks very much.... :)

Now jus need the widgets at the top, like in CM7 and I am done.... well, I would be, until I spotted something else not working :(

Can anyone tell me why, and where to chance/enable in that when I plug my USB Charger in, I do not get the option to mount so that its visable by the PC. It doesnt react at all in that way, only so much as to say its charging, and thats it.... what have I done wrong?? or is there a bug??

Cheers, Lister

i guess to integrate you would need to do 2 things:

1. edit the ROM file - messy and you have to do for each ROM

2. re-map the power key to an app. not investigated this option, but potentially just as messy as option 1.

Guest andy9876

Can anyone help me with getting autheticated WIFI tethering working with this ROM. I have tried using the inbuilt 2.2 software and other software from the market and I can't get it to work. If anyone can get this working can they tell me what I'm doing wrong.