[ROM] Swedish Spring RLS5 Remix2 - Phat One

Guest Len Ash

Guest dibbles

Having gone back from a GEN 2 windows flashed phone to a GEN 1 and then applied the TPT update to go back to GEN 2 I ended up with CM 7.0.2 for a little while.

However having previously used your great adaptation of the SS ROM's I did not realise just how good they were and how "not so complete" CM7 is, for my needs.

Thankfully I'm back to the full cream LanceH's wonderful and fully working ROM.

Life is now good again :mellow:

BTW - I for one would not like to see the drop down notification bar implemented, just my thoughts as it is easy to use and create your own, even through Power Controls.

Guest Len Ash
Having gone back from a GEN 2 windows flashed phone to a GEN 1 and then applied the TPT update to go back to GEN 2 I ended up with CM 7.0.2 for a little while.

However having previously used your great adaptation of the SS ROM's I did not realise just how good they were and how "not so complete" CM7 is, for my needs.

Thankfully I'm back to the full cream LanceH's wonderful and fully working ROM.

Life is now good again :mellow:

BTW - I for one would not like to see the drop down notification bar implemented, just my thoughts as it is easy to use and create your own, even through Power Controls.

Thanks for that...

Guest Balion

#1 LanceH very n1 work, thx

#2 is it possible to have Gingerbread icons in the notification bar with white bar?

Cheers

Edited by Balion

Guest dibbles
Thank You for your hard work, with this rom can I overclock the blade?

I use...

NoFrillsCPUControl.apk

...from the market and it works a treat, with the understanding that all phones are different and so will the maximum overclock be dependant on how well your phone can do it.

I am not sure if the second ROM on the first page with the Softbank stock has the overclocking enabled in the kernel. LanceH would be the one to answer that. I have used the first ROM.

Guest camelotto
I use...

NoFrillsCPUControl.apk

...from the market and it works a treat, with the understanding that all phones are different and so will the maximum overclock be dependant on how well your phone can do it.

I am not sure if the second ROM on the first page with the Softbank stock has the overclocking enabled in the kernel. LanceH would be the one to answer that. I have used the first ROM.

Thank You for the answer, I want try the second rom the one with Gingerbread Notification bar, i'm waiting the answer from LanceH.

Guest ricogu4

This ROM has the most killer boot image ever (it is also the most stable one I have tested - just gone back from CM7). Thanks Cold Coffee and LanceH!

Guest Len Ash
Thank You for the answer, I want try the second rom the one with Gingerbread Notification bar, i'm waiting the answer from LanceH.

The Gen 2 ROM version with the Softbank Boot image is not overclockable.

Guest Len Ash
Hi LanceH

I have SS5 and i need to enable only A-GPS

Could you share this modification?

Thanks

Sure, unzip and ADB push this file to /system/etc then reboot

gps.zip

Edited by Len Ash

Guest RaptorIndia

Please forgive my ignorance, I have SS Rls 3 installed in my first Gen tft Blade. But I am quite excited by this modded release of the SS Rls5 version by Lance H.

I made adjustments or changes to the system partition by using wabw tool...

I also have made a ext3 partition of 512 MB on my sd card.

now my system has 331 MB and is still 98 MB free smile.gif

So what I need to know is .. do I need to modify the partition to its default again using wabw tool ?

I will do a full wipe as I have everything backed up, apps, accounts, and contacts and sms..

Guest camelotto
The Gen 2 ROM version with the Softbank Boot image is not overclockable.

thank's, can I add the black Gingerbread Notification bar at the first fat rom? My blade is modified one from gen 1 at gen 2! :mellow:

Guest TheBrainKafka
Sure, unzip and ADB push this file to /system/etc then reboot

Hi Lance: A-GPS active

Would there be an advantage comparing to not having A-GPS activated. My gps fixes within 30sec (cold boot)....

Thx

Edited by TheBrainKafka

Guest Len Ash
Hi Lance: A-GPS active

Would there be an advantage comparing to not having A-GPS activated. My gps fixes within 30sec (cold boot)....

Thx

On which ROM??

Guest Len Ash
thank's, can I add the black Gingerbread Notification bar at the first fat rom? My blade is modified one from gen 1 at gen 2! :mellow:

Not quite sure what you mean?

Guest TheBrainKafka

Hi Lance:

Rom SS5 - A-GPS question

Would there be an advantage having A-GPS active comparing to not having A-GPS activated. My gps fixes within 30sec (cold boot)....

Thx

Guest Len Ash
Hi Lance:

Rom SS5 - A-GPS question

Would there be an advantage having A-GPS active comparing to not having A-GPS activated. My gps fixes within 30sec (cold boot)....

Thx

The original? If you don't generally have a GPS fix problem, then maybe not. I find AGPS helps enormously when getting a fix in very different locations, and whilst using Car Home Nav. I usually get a fix within 10 secs outside, but this will vary greatly and should not be taken as a benchmark!

Guest camelotto
Not quite sure what you mean?

I want install SS RLS 5 Phat, the first one in this thread, but I want add the black Gingerbread Notification bar if it's possible. My blade it's a gen1 to Gen2 phone!! May be, now,you can understand what I mean!!!

Excuse me for my bad english. Regards :mellow:

Guest Len Ash
I want install SS RLS 5 Phat, the first one in this thread, but I want add the black Gingerbread Notification bar if it's possible. My blade it's a gen1 to Gen2 phone!! May be, now,you can understand what I mean!!!

Excuse me for my bad english. Regards :mellow:

The Gingerbready version is also for Gen 1 or 2....

Guest andy9876

Hi Lance

Firstly many thanks for your work on this ROM. I love it. The only problem I have is that I can't get autheticated WIFI tethering work. I have tried using the inbuilt 2.2 software and other software from the market and I can't get it to work. I am sure it's something I may be doing wrong so if you can put me right I'd be very grateful.

Guest SAVVVAS12
Hi Lance

Firstly many thanks for your work on this ROM. I love it. The only problem I have is that I can't get autheticated WIFI tethering work. I have tried using the inbuilt 2.2 software and other software from the market and I can't get it to work. I am sure it's something I may be doing wrong so if you can put me right I'd be very grateful.

Yes I have the same problem. After having the 4 months old orange software I have finally made the big step and installed this rom. It is considerably better than the orange rom,smoother and faster BUT the wifi is acting strangely and in most cases it disconnects whereas in the old firmware was working fine.I have done a wipe first and this is my first custom rom on my Gen 1 Blade TFT. Anyway, great work to LanceH and kallt_kaffe!

Guest Len Ash
Yes I have the same problem. After having the 4 months old orange software I have finally made the big step and installed this rom. It is considerably better than the orange rom,smoother and faster BUT the wifi is acting strangely and in most cases it disconnects whereas in the old firmware was working fine.I have done a wipe first and this is my first custom rom on my Gen 1 Blade TFT. Anyway, great work to LanceH and kallt_kaffe!

WiFi or WiFi tethering? WiFi itself has no known issues. I suggest you check you router settings or reboot. Note that Netgear routers are not "Mobile" friendly.