GEN2 to GEN1 after Windows flashing?

Guest feihung

Guest feihung

can you explain me this point "

3. Extract Standard Partition Size (image_original.zip) and replace the files in "to_gen2_xxxmb_system/files" directory"?

where is "image_original.zip"?

EDIT: nvm, i've done it and i haven't lost my imei

Edited by feihung

Guest CaptainSpectacular

I have used another method:

-Download that.

-Download that.

-Extract the first file (gen_conversion.zip). In this folder you find 2 others. Use any of them, (to_gen2_org_partitions for example).

-In this folder, delete the "Files" folder.

-Extract the second file (gen2_to_gen1_128mb.7z ). You'll find a "sysdy" folder. In this folder, copy the Files folder in the "to_gen2_org_partitions" folder. So you must have 9 items in the folder.

>>So you just replace the FILES folder of the "to_gen2_org_partitions" with the "Sysdy" folder from "gen2_to_gen1_128mb.7z".

-Now, launch "download_nochecksGen2.exe"

-Power your phone with "Volume -" button pressed, you will turn your phone on FTM mode.(you must have stock recovery)

-Connect to your computer.(you must have the good drivers too)

-The Start button of the flasher become black (and green if I remember ?).

-So press the button and wait a little time. Your phone will reboot at 98% on cwm.

-Flash Gen1 rom (SS RLS5 is perfect for that)

Then follow the other guide for restoring the IMEI.

Good luck.

Guest achromic
I have used another method:

-Download that.

-Download that.

-Extract the first file (gen_conversion.zip). In this folder you find 2 others. Use any of them, (to_gen2_org_partitions for example).

-In this folder, delete the "Files" folder.

-Extract the second file (gen2_to_gen1_128mb.7z ). You'll find a "sysdy" folder. In this folder, copy the Files folder in the "to_gen2_org_partitions" folder. So you must have 9 items in the folder.

>>So you just replace the FILES folder of the "to_gen2_org_partitions" with the "Sysdy" folder from "gen2_to_gen1_128mb.7z".

-Now, launch "download_nochecksGen2.exe"

-Power your phone with "Volume -" button pressed, you will turn your phone on FTM mode.(you must have stock recovery)

-Connect to your computer.(you must have the good drivers too)

-The Start button of the flasher become black (and green if I remember ?).

-So press the button and wait a little time. Your phone will reboot at 98% on cwm.

-Flash Gen1 rom (SS RLS5 is perfect for that)

Then follow the other guide for restoring the IMEI.

Good luck.

CaptainSpectacutar - You rock my world! :)

Thanks to you, my 'dead' blade is now alive again

Guest gwebb

I can report another successful downgrade of a Gen2 ("risky" Windows flashing), back to Gen1 using the notes in this thread

I now have TPT working again, and have restored my IMEI. My phone started life as an OSF TFT B10 if that is relevant.

1. Save IMEI

I first replaced a Gen2 ClockworkMod Recovery with a Gen 2 FTM recovery in order to use the ZTE software.

I backed up my Channel1 with the RF/BT/IMEI/ulock info, the following thread has the details.

[update] Save ur Bricked V880 and also the IMEI, Use the official downloader and u may downgrade yr phone as well

2. Downgrade to Gen1

The instructions in post 4 of this thread worked.

That returned me to Gen1, but as expected I lost my IMEI. No worries it is backed up.

3. Restore IMEI

As a temporary ROM I flashed SS RLS4b. I used Ask Mr Pigfish to check I was on Gen1, and then used Recovery Manager to flash a Gen1 FTM recovery in order to run the ZTE software a second time.

I ran the ZTE software again and restored my RF/BT/IMEI/ulock info.

4. TPT upgrade.

By now I have Gen1 again, FTM at the moment, IMEI restored and TPT working. I used the TPT Gen1 to Gen2 upgrade, just the basic version, and I followed that up with the latest CM 7.02.

All the instructions are in the following thread.

Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade, No Windows needed, faster, easier, safer, doesn't lose TPT mode

Thanks to burstlam, CaptainSpectacutar, wbaw and to anyone else I missed who put the bits of software and guides together.

Edited by gwebb

Guest dibbles

@gwebb - the only thing that I did different from you when I downgraded from the Windows GEN change method was to change the partition size for the TPT Gen 1 to Gen 2 update.

Other than that the change from the Windows flashing and restoring the IMEI etc worked fine.

Without the tools that burstlam had provided I'm not sure if this would have ever been possible to retain the original IMEI when going from GEN 2 to GEN 1 from the Windows change method.

Guest gwebb
@gwebb - the only thing that I did different from you when I downgraded from the Windows GEN change method was to change the partition size for the TPT Gen 1 to Gen 2 update.

Other than that the change from the Windows flashing and restoring the IMEI etc worked fine.

Without the tools that burstlam had provided I'm not sure if this would have ever been possible to retain the original IMEI when going from GEN 2 to GEN 1 from the Windows change method.

Good, it does seem to be an effective way back. It took quite a while to go through all the steps, and I kept double checking what I was doing, but it works which is the important thing. :)

Guest Jetba

I tried doing this, and now i have tpt upgraded gen 2. Thats what i wanted, but my imei is only something weird 000039 or etc. I dont have backup of original nvm, but i can hex 1. So, can you give me idiot proof guide, what to do. Or have i just missed something important?

Guest dibbles
I tried doing this, and now i have tpt upgraded gen 2. Thats what i wanted, but my imei is only something weird 000039 or etc. I dont have backup of original nvm, but i can hex 1. So, can you give me idiot proof guide, what to do. Or have i just missed something important?

This is the thread you need...

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-all-0-machine/

...if you successfully backed up your NV files as is written very clearly in the above post, (and you had at the time of backing up the correct IMEI) then you should be able to restore that set of files. That is explained in that thread, page 3.

Burstlam also, on the first page, offers a solution for people in your position to Hex edit a channel1.nvm file but as I did not need to do that I am not sure how well it works.

Good luck

Guest mauritzius

The following worked for me without the need to restore the (previously backed up) IMEI/channel1.nvm:

I followed CaptainSpectacular's method until it says that the phone will reboot into CWM at 98% here. Don't disconnect, reboot or flash a ROM right now.

Leave the flasher running and the phone connected in CWM and flash Stock Recovery back once again. Then bring the phone into FTM-mode and the flasher will continue its work and write back the channel1.nvm for you, no need to restore it manually.

The usual disclaimer applies: It worked for me and my IMEI is correct, this does not mean that it works for everyone. Try at your own risk and never without a proper backup. I was prepared to writing back the channel1.nvm saved with this method.

Guest The Soup Thief
The following worked for me without the need to restore the (previously backed up) IMEI/channel1.nvm:

I followed CaptainSpectacular's method until it says that the phone will reboot into CWM at 98% here. Don't disconnect, reboot or flash a ROM right now.

Leave the flasher running and the phone connected in CWM and flash Stock Recovery back once again. Then bring the phone into FTM-mode and the flasher will continue its work and write back the channel1.nvm for you, no need to restore it manually.

The usual disclaimer applies: It worked for me and my IMEI is correct, this does not mean that it works for everyone. Try at your own risk and never without a proper backup. I was prepared to writing back the channel1.nvm saved with this method.

Outstanding mauritzius!

It never seemed to make any sense to me that the flasher should stop at 98%

All that was needed to enable it to finish the job and revert to the correct IMEI was a reflash of the stock recovery to get it back into FTM

My hat is very much off to you

Guest dibbles
Outstanding mauritzius!

It never seemed to make any sense to me that the flasher should stop at 98%

All that was needed to enable it to finish the job and revert to the correct IMEI was a reflash of the stock recovery to get it back into FTM

My hat is very much off to you

+1

It was kinda worrying for me having the flasher end at 98% and not understanding why.

Even though the information will not benefit me now I do hope that others can make use of it. Well done on finding this out and then sharing it with us :mellow:

Guest The Soup Thief

Hi Mauritzius - I've done a little guide in post 3 here that should walk anyone struggling with this process through it all, including your coup de grace at the end

Hope that's ok

Guest mauritzius
Hi Mauritzius - I've done a little guide in post 3 here that should walk anyone struggling with this process through it all, including your coup de grace at the end

Hope that's ok

Sure that's OK, I'm glad I could give the community something back after spending countless hours reading through the forum and trying the numerous suggestions!