Having troubles downgrading 2.2, HBOOT 1.01 Legend

Guest Misterberu

Guest Misterberu

Hello everyone,

So, for the past few hours I have been following this guide by Paul in the hopes of downgrading my HTC Legend to a version easily root-able so that I may load the new Cyanogen Mod onto it.

Before I continue, let me state that I am running Android version 2.2 (HTC's OTA update) and HBOOT 1.01, and I do have Gold Card.

I have followed every instruction in the guide to the letter, but I still cannot seem to get it to work. Everything works fine, but when it comes to the final step, running the RUU_Legend_HTC_WWE_1.31.405.5_R_Radio_47.26.35.04_ 7.05.35.26L_release_126592_signed.exe that I downloaded as per the instructions in the guide Paul linked to, the application responds with:

ERROR[170]: USB CONNECTION ERROR

I'm running Windows 7 x64, and I've tried everything to get the downgrade to work properly. This includes running the program as admin, and in compatibility mode for WinXP SP 2 and 3. I also restored my phone to factory settings, hoping that it would somehow allow the program to recognize it, but it didn't help.

I'm at wit's end... I have literally tried everything and have no idea how to proceed. I would love it if someone could help me out, or at least point me in the direction of a solution to the problem.

-Thanks in advance,

Beru.

[EDIT] Here's an image of the error in question.

[EDIT 2] Nevermind everyone! I did it... turns out I had forgotten to install HTC Sync v2.0. I got it from here. (Link to the actual file)

Edited by Misterberu