Wireless

Guest aj2703

Guest aj2703

Hi.

Been posting a bit since i joined, (pls forgive me). :)

I have the R8 rom installed.

When i switch the tablet on the wireless does not auto connect. I have been into settings but can't seem to see an option to enable it to connect automatically when is starts up.

Is there an option i am missing..?.

Guest trevor432990
Hi.

Been posting a bit since i joined, (pls forgive me). :)

I have the R8 rom installed.

When i switch the tablet on the wireless does not auto connect. I have been into settings but can't seem to see an option to enable it to connect automatically when is starts up.

Is there an option i am missing..?.

When you go into Wireless Settings does it say anything in the Wi-fi section like 'connected to ....' or 'obtaining IP address'? Does it show several networks in Wi-fi Networks section? If there are a number of devices in your house or networks in the neighbourhood visible you may need to assign a 'static' IP address to your Vega.

This can normally be done on your router by identifying the Vega's MAC address and allocating it a specific IP address within your local network e.g. mine local network uses IPs in the range 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.254 that way whenever your router sees your Vega is active it will quickly connect to it. Another common reason for connection problems is down to wi-fi security you are using search other topics for a solution to that if the above does not work.