If you getting "could not extract assets" error execute

adb shell rm /data/local/tmp/*

then

adb shell rmdir /data/local/tmp

then

adb shell mkdir /data/local/tmp

This correct the permission issues.

Then run apk again.

There are many post talking about unlocked bookloader, do not try it, if you unlock ARC bootloader, you will never able to flash SE STOCK ROM update again, such as 3.0 etc

enjoy

cheers

James

Edited by James Kei

Guest hong99
SE Arc root with GingerBreak APK

source

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1044765

then

then

Then run apk again.

There are many post talking about unlocked bookloader, do not try it, if you unlock ARC bootloader, you will never able to flash SE STOCK ROM update again, such as 3.0 etc

enjoy

cheers

James

Too Late, already unlocked boot loader, ginger break did n't work for me, just said rooting for ages. I ended up reflashing a premade image with root already enabled. Now works like a mint. Unlocked Bootloader and Rooted. Now i can finally use A2SD again. Grrrreeeeaaatttt!!

Guest RandyboY

source

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1044765

then

then

Then run apk again.

enjoy

cheers

James

So what you say is that if you have unlocked the bootloader provided by SE you cant go back to factory/out-of-the-box phone again? And if you have unlocked it with the howto from SE you cant root it?

I have a new Arc which i unlocked with XDA/SE's way to unlock. And my fear is (as i understood it) that i cant root it and use A2SD and boot ROM's with (hopefully) HTC's Sense UI.

Please enlighten me :-)

Guest Sylar2010

Dude it will be very difficult to have Sense on a SE device, as I know Sense has never been ported to a device outside the HTC family.

I already miss Sense and HTC apps too but Paul should give us a sexy rom too for the Arc, let's hope he is planning for us soon

Guest RandyboY
Dude it will be very difficult to have Sense on a SE device, as I know Sense has never been ported to a device outside the HTC family.

I already miss Sense and HTC apps too but Paul should give us a sexy rom too for the Arc, let's hope he is planning for us soon

Yeah, im comming from a HTC Desire and had loaded the last available with latest Sense from Pauls ROM's. And there are a few things i miss badly... Its the phone app that searches numbers and contacts as i type it(i know there are apps to do this, but all this apps are so much slower and not half as nice looking). There is the integrated facebook sync and some small other things...

So my hope for a killer ROM (maybe with some good alternatives to my former listings) from Paul is pretty big :-)

Guest hong99

I'm afraid htc sense will be gone, but worry no more... you can always emulate the closest thing using free and paid apps. Launcher PRO plus, classic fancy widget, curve fish toggle widgets, htc keyboard mod, teeter game, etc.

Guest James Kei
I'm afraid htc sense will be gone, but worry no more... you can always emulate the closest thing using free and paid apps. Launcher PRO plus, classic fancy widget, curve fish toggle widgets, htc keyboard mod, teeter game, etc.

off the topic. :mellow:

• 4 months later...
Guest acharyag

source

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1044765

then

then

Then run apk again.

enjoy

cheers

James

Hi

i tried the gingerbreak but it doesn`t work even after waiting for 20 min nothin happened.. :(

i also saw on youtube that by downgradin the arc to 2.3.2 u can root with gingerbreak and then ota update back to 2.3.3 with root access without unlocking bootloader is it possible and safe...

sorry for being a noob i am an amaetur in this pls help me... :unsure:

As you quoted earlier about bootloader i wanted know whether if unlocking the arc... are you saying that i wouldn`t be able to update my phone further (to 2.3.4, 2.4, 3.0, etc) by OTA or pc companion released by sony.?

and is there by any chance phone getting bricked..?:excl:

i also read in one forum that bootloader can be relocked it says "XDA member ‘Blagus’ has made it possible. Yeah, the genius has created a small (98 KB) magical file that needs to be flashed using “Flashtool” to re-lock the boot loader" could it be true

if in case i unlock it and root it i can still use the customs roms and update the customs as they release right,,, anyone just give me ur opinion guys is it worth unlocking for customs roms.... thnks :)

Edited by acharyag

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...