CM 7.0.1 - Stable out.

Guest solidchips

Guest solidchips

I got a blank screen and stuck there for a while when i was copying contacts from Sdcard.

Beside that one odd thing CM 7.0.2 is working well.

Edited by solidchips

Guest ThrashMan
I got a blank screen and stuck there for a while when i was copying contacts from Sdcard.

Beside that one odd thing CM 7.0.2 is working well.

The "odd thing" being....you copying contacts from SDcard? WHY!? Google backs up your contacts.

7.0.2 seems a really good build, no reboots during GPS/charging.

Guest ThrashMan
I use CM 7.0.0, how I can keep all the installed apps after I update to 7.0.2. For install 7.0.0 I use Clockwork (Manually).

Download version 7.0.2 and install from clockwork manually, wiping cache and dalvic cache will help. Although that will retain all installed applications and settings you *may* experience some "quirks" because you chose not to wipe.

Guest t0mm13b
nightly 57 out.

Ahhh ffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu :(

Just installed CM 7.02..... :)

So what's new in nightly 57.... worth going for the nightly? :)

Guest zerosignull

If you are having the charge reboot issue and the inability to mount the SD CARD while connected via the cable try turning off USB debugining:

Settings->Applications-> Development-> "USB Debugging")

Guest dnaumov

I've been recently considering giving CM a go, seeing as there is now an all-in-one package to upgrade from any Gen1 ROM to Gen2 CM 7.0.2 (http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blade-roms-rom-customisation/338058/gen1-gen2-rom-cm-7-0-2stable-n57-tpt-image-for-easy-install/), but I have a few questions regarding CM 7.0.2 before I take the plunge:

Does GPS as well as USB and Wifi tethering/etc all work reliably?

Have the random reboots been fixed?

Guest geegeethatsme
I've been recently considering giving CM a go, seeing as there is now an all-in-one package to upgrade from any Gen1 ROM to Gen2 CM 7.0.2 (http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blade-roms-rom-customisation/338058/gen1-gen2-rom-cm-7-0-2stable-n57-tpt-image-for-easy-install/), but I have a few questions regarding CM 7.0.2 before I take the plunge:

Does GPS as well as USB and Wifi tethering/etc all work reliably?

Have the random reboots been fixed?

On each of the above, and in any combination you care to mention, some folks report yes, some report no. Only way to find out is to try it. You can roll back easily enough if you find it's not yet suitable as a day to day rom for your particular needs.

Guest Fou-lu
I still get the gps- and charging bug. Why is that? I wiped dalvik, cach and made a factory reset before flashing from n39.

Try GPS before you restore anything from titanium etc, format system too.

Guest Red Beaver
Try GPS before you restore anything from titanium etc, format system too.

Ok, but the only things I restored was sms, contacts, call log, and a couple of apps + data (games only). Cant see how this can affect the system.

Guest targetbsp
Ok, but the only things I restored was sms, contacts, call log, and a couple of apps + data (games only). Cant see how this can affect the system.

Restoring sms, contacts and call log from eclair to froyo trashed my froyo. Use an sms backup up for texts and just use google sync for contacts. No idea about call log - don't much care about it. In short... don't use titanium for anything but your user apps and their associated data!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Red Beaver
Restoring sms, contacts and call log from eclair to froyo trashed my froyo. Use an sms backup up for texts and just use google sync for contacts. No idea about call log - don't much care about it. In short... don't use titanium for anything but your user apps and their associated data!

Its still kind of odd that 7.0.2 gives me the exakt same bugs as in the previous cm7-versions where everyone had these problems (gps and charging). Anyone else that still experience gps- and charging bug with 7.0.2?

Next question: Im thinking of reflashing my device and not restore the backups as I been told, should I go for the latest stable release or the n57?

cheers!

Guest solidchips
Next question: Im thinking of reflashing my device and not restore the backups as I been told, should I go for the latest stable release or the n57?

It depends which works best for you?

The best thing is to try both and assess which works for you well.

For me it's CM 7.0.2 Stable.

Edited by solidchips