Wifi keeps disconnecting - Help needed! :(

Guest Shahmatt

Guest Shahmatt

Sorry I'm a newbie here. I've just flashed Swedish Spring RLS5 to my Orange San Francisco. Everything seemed to be working fine for the first few days but now I'm having a problem with the Wifi connection.

The phone detects my home network Wifi, says "Obtaining IP address from XXXX... " and then simply disconnects.

I am able to solve the problem by simply restarting the phone - but I can't keep doing this all the time.

What should I do?

Guest Len Ash
Sorry I'm a newbie here. I've just flashed Swedish Spring RLS5 to my Orange San Francisco. Everything seemed to be working fine for the first few days but now I'm having a problem with the Wifi connection.

The phone detects my home network Wifi, says "Obtaining IP address from XXXX... " and then simply disconnects.

I am able to solve the problem by simply restarting the phone - but I can't keep doing this all the time.

What should I do?

Netgear router? Static IP? No broadcast SSID?

Some more info might illicit help...

Guest Shahmatt
Netgear router? Static IP? No broadcast SSID?

Some more info might illicit help...

This is a linksys router: WRT54G. This should be a dynamic IP.

Not sure what the SSID is.

I have reset my Modem and Router and the phone reconnected once again. For some reason I was unable to access my router settings through my computer just now, so now I suspect that perhaps the router may be contributing to the problem as well. Perhaps there is a maximum number of connections allowed or something - checking now.

Guest Len Ash
This is a linksys router: WRT54G. This should be a dynamic IP.

Not sure what the SSID is.

I have reset my Modem and Router and the phone reconnected once again. For some reason I was unable to access my router settings through my computer just now, so now I suspect that perhaps the router may be contributing to the problem as well. Perhaps there is a maximum number of connections allowed or something - checking now.

Unless you live in a commune, the number of connections shouldn't be an issue.

I suggest you reboot your router from time to time. Once a week maybe. Ignore the foundless bollox about routers being on 24/7 is best. For reasons unknown, Cisco/linkpys don't usually fit on/off switches.... you may also want to check you have the latest router firmware...

Edited by Len Ash

Guest daniel2k10

I have exactly the same problem with every cm7 version when I try to connect to an 802.1x network (university).. this always makes me reverse to flb :)

Guest Len Ash
I have exactly the same problem with every cm7 version when I try to connect to an 802.1x network (university).. this always makes me reverse to flb :)

WiFi on CM7 is "less than gratifying" - it's not you!

Guest flickflack
WiFi on CM7 is "less than gratifying" - it's not you!

i have never had any wi fi issues with any of the CM 7 nightlies including the latest

but have had problems with both dlink and haweu routers having to power them down completly from time to time and my router location is 3 stories up in my attic space

If my SF has not connected it has usually been because i have not entered the wpa code correctly then it hangs on obtainining ip address and disconects

Edited by flickflack

Guest daniel2k10
i have never had any wi fi issues with any of the CM 7 nightlies including the latest

but I guess you haven't connected to any 802.1x network, have you? This is so bitter, because it makes me (not having 3g in my old contract) impossible to use cm as my day to day rom :)

Guest heavyduty00

i used to have wifi issues on cm7 nightlys..

Try wiping your whole phone again with cache, and if you restore apps via titanium backup or whatever, dont restore back data.

Not sure if this is the right solution but worked for me lol.

Guest flickflack
but I guess you haven't connected to any 802.1x network, have you? This is so bitter, because it makes me (not having 3g in my old contract) impossible to use cm as my day to day rom :)

Daniel true never tried to connect to 802.1x so can'nt test but doing a google found a few people on the android forum that seemed to been sucessfully

using Wifi Advanced Configurtion App might be worth a try

Guest flickflack

Daniel true never tried to connect to 802.1x so can'nt test but doing a google found a few people on the android forum that seemed to been sucessfully

using Wifi Advanced Configurtion App might be worth a try(opps server lag)

Edited by flickflack

Guest unrandomsam

Try this module its from the latest softbank 2.2 rom

(Or download it yourself and unyaffs the system.img - Thats what I did its quite a bit better and I think as good as we are likely to get until a source based module is completed properly).

http://box.h-3.org.uk/ar6000.ko

just :

adb remount

adb push ar6000.ko /system/wifi

adb reboot

Guest Shahmatt

Hi guys,

Resetting my modem and router together seems to have worked - not sure why the problem happened in the first place actually. Had this modem+router combination for almost 4 years and have had no problems.

Anyway, fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again.