[GEN1&GEN2][ROM]CM 7.0.2stable + Nxx TPT Image for easy Install

Guest curl66

Guest Chiliblue

I have a gen 1 with FLB installed via clockwork 2.5.0.3.

Can I just use this to go to gen2 and CM7.03? Or do I need to undo things first.

I am a little out of the loop with the zte blade scene, I have just been handed back the phone from my son so fancy cleaning it up installing something current and using it myself.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Chiliblue

Guest AdrianoPL

I have a gen 1 with FLB installed via clockwork 2.5.0.3.

Can I just use this to go to gen2 and CM7.03? Or do I need to undo things first.

No need to undo anything. TPT will do all the magic for you. I recommend TPT method to convert to gen2, then flash the latest nightly.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LoboMau

Hi there,

I'm a regular downloader of your roms, and have never had a problem, till now...

I've read in this post, that it could happen a screen blackout during chargement. Never hapenned to me during charging. But it's happening, when for instance i try to awake my droid from sleep. Example, i'm doing a regular use of my droid, and i block the screen. so far so good, normal. but when i press the power button on my blade, to light up the screen, the screen just stays black, as the home, menu, and back lights. Solution? Remove and put back the battery.

One detail, i know that the phone is alive, because i have the handcent light notification, and the back button, flashes, when i have a unread sms

Can you help me to solve this problem?

Hoping to hear from you people.

Edited by LoboMau

Thank you Curl66, I finally took the plunge and updated my stock sanfran using your method. My advice to anyone not sure about trying this?, do it! By all means get as much info as possible to prepare yourself, because this flashing roms business can be a bit daunting to noobs such as myself, but I promise you will not regret it . I have just flashed again to cm 7.1 stable and my sanfran feels like a new phonebiggrin.gif

Guest Laker04

Can someone provide new links? None of the once in this thread seem to work. All filesonic-links are expired...

Anyone? Trying to upgrade a Gen1 TFT San Francisco and these files would seem to be the answer to my prayers. Can't find them anywhere.

Guest silmarx

I made some updated TPTs...

Ginger Stir Fry B9 Gen1 Upgrade TPT

Download: gsf-blade-b9-tpt.zip mirror mirror

Download size: 101.03mb

MD5: 60a541641bf1062414c799c8e3345dbc

Ginger Stir Fry B9 Gen1 Upgrade TPT with ZTE Apps, Dialler & Keyboard

Download: gsf-blade-b9-zteapps-tpt.zip mirror mirror

Download size: 105.97mb

MD5: a5765b0aa9da0068abe5437caf8c729b

CyanogenMod 7.1 RC1

Download: cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-TPT.zip mirror mirror

Download size: 104.48mb

MD5: 4e7a35b4485bf0296ba57c1f4730c4e3

Hello wbaw,

I'm about to update my SanFrancisco from Froyo FLB 2.2 [GEN1] to 2.3 but I'm still a little confused about which version to choose.

It is clear to me that the latest stable version from CM7 is 7.0.3 which is based on 2.3.3. There is also the CM 7.1 stable (this thread doesn't mention that yet) but it is based on 2.3.4. I don't see any important reason (fix or feature) to go to CM 7.1 so I would prefer 7.0.3 because it's being used and tested for more time so it should more 'stable'.

However, I got confused when I saw that you added the ROM Ginger Stir Fry, while the thread is still named CM 7.0.2.

I just know that the GSF ROM is based on an official ROM from ZTE. Is this ROM supposed to be more stable than CM7? Which should be better in your opinion? I cannot find any info in the forum or in the Internet about the differences.

And BTW, the info in the main page of thread seems to be a little out of date, because I already saw somewhere a later version of this GSF rom (like build 27...).

Thanks in advance.

/sm

Edited by silmarx

Guest Amphoras

Hello,

I'm about to update my SanFrancisco from Froyo FLB 2.2 [GEN1] to 2.3 but I'm still a little confused about which version to choose.

It is clear to me that the latest stable version from CM7 is 7.0.3 which is based on 2.3.3. There is also the CM 7.1 stable (this thread doesn't mention that yet) but it is based on 2.3.4. I don't see any important reason (fix or feature) to go to CM 7.1 so I would prefer 7.0.3 because it's being used and tested for more time so it should more 'stable'.

However, I got confused when I saw that you added the ROM Ginger Stir Fry, while the thread is still named CM 7.0.2.

I just know that the GSF ROM is based on an official ROM from ZTE. Is this ROM supposed to be more stable than CM7? Which should be better in your opinion? I cannot find any info in the forum or in the Internet about the differences.

And BTW, the info in the main page of thread seems to be a little out of date, because I already saw somewhere a later version of this GSF rom (like build 27...).

Thanks in advance.

/sm

This whole thread is really out of date. I think B27 is the latest version of GSF, but the rom as a whole is no longer developed by wbaw. CM 7.0.3 is a really old version. The names aren't really anything to go by. The latest nightlies work much better and are much more stable. If you really want to use a named one, you could use CM 7.1 RC1 which isn't too old. Just because 7.0.3 has been "used and tested for more time" doesn't make it better. Any problems it had at release, it still has. The fixes are added to the nightlies and are only available in later versions.

Guest Ben in Turin

My First post!

ARRRGG!!! Ignore what I've written below, I know what I was doing wrong, I was trying to use a rom without the tpt package!!!! Maybe this should be made clearer to noobs (like me). You have to use a file that has the gen1 to gen 2 tpt package. I was trying to use the most recent cm stable version off the cm website. Just a warning to other noobs like me!!! :D

I guess a lot of people register when they finally get stuck or have a problem, but this forum is excellent!

I upgraded my blade to Swedish Spring RLS5 about 6 months ago (maybe longer) using clockwork without any problems. I've now decided it's time to move onto cm version and the tpt method sounds stupidly easy! Or so I thought... After reading through a lot of posts on this thread I'm a bit confused with what I'm not doing right, here's where I'm confused:

With the rom downloaded do I:

a) extract that into the root of the sd card

OR

B) create a folder named "image" and extract to there

I've tried both... when I unzip the file it unpacks 2 folders and a boot.imp (being either in the root or in my file called "image"). Either method it just freezes on the green man. I've also read this could be because of my sd card...

Could someone just clear up point 2 of the process for me please?

Guest dirlan2001

With the rom downloaded do I:

a) extract that into the root of the sd card

OR

B) create a folder named "image" and extract to there

I've tried both... when I unzip the file it unpacks 2 folders and a boot.imp (being either in the root or in my file called "image"). Either method it just freezes on the green man. I've also read this could be because of my sd card...

Could someone just clear up point 2 of the process for me please?

Hi,

Unzipping to the root of your microSD should create an 'image'-folder. Rebooting ( Volume UP + Menu + Power) should give some green txt onscreen and then the green man loading the new ROM.... Maybe you should have a look at this (very good) ROM which also got a TPT-package to make a new phone out of your Blade :) And eeehm READ the instructions, eventually PRINT them out and have them handy while flashing...

:D

Guest Ben in Turin

Hi,

Unzipping to the root of your microSD should create an 'image'-folder. Rebooting ( Volume UP + Menu + Power) should give some green txt onscreen and then the green man loading the new ROM.... Maybe you should have a look at this (very good) ROM which also got a TPT-package to make a new phone out of your Blade :) And eeehm READ the instructions, eventually PRINT them out and have them handy while flashing...

:D

Thanks for the reply, I realised what I was doing wrong while I wrote my first post... trying to install cm without tpt script in the image folder doh!!

Guest grey.fox

Hi, I've just updated my phone from a Gen1 to Gen2 using this, and I have to say this mod is amazing, I don't know why I didn't do it sooner!

I have one problem though, I am using a ZTE Blade and when I turn the screen off the back button is constantly lit up, this never used to happen with Swedish Spring and would only light up/flash when I had a notification waiting. Could anyone help me out with this?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Guest e12john

I have just successfully installed CM 7.02stable http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HN8RB19V (CM7.0.2_GEN1_GEN2_TPT_Image.zip) on my Orange Sanfrancisco. One thing that puzzled me during the installation was that the md5 of one of the files inside the zip (system.img) did not match the md5 listed for it in the nandroid.md5 in the zip. All other md5 checksums for the individual files and for the overall zip file were as expected. Does it matter that it did not match?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest Speculatrix

unfortunately filesonic have disabled downloads without being logged in :-(

please can you make these files available through some other service, even maybe G+?

thanks