494 replies to this topic

wbaw

wbaw

account closed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Try holding menu + volume up + power

Some phones require menu as well as vol+ and power, I know the newer B20 models from Orange do, but it's only the first time. After you've done one TPT then you'll only need to hold vol+ & power on to get into TPT mode again.

So it's important that you remove or rename the image directory on your sd card after you install, otherwise you're quite likely to accidentally reinstall it & wipe your data.

Thermostat9

Thermostat9

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Why can not I boot image.

In detention menu + volume up + power he statutes similar to the mode bootloader. So 10 minutes green robot with no result.
Edit: All problems come from SD card. My SD card is klas10 16gb, not working zip file. Replacing the original 2GB SD card and everything works. I can now enjoy the new ROM CM7.02.

I have the same problem. Whether I use power+volume up with or without the menu button mine sits with the green android and nothing happens. Pop the battery out and it reboots but has not updated. (I tried both downloads)

Sadly I have the original SD card. Anyone have any ideas as to what problem I have?

curl66

curl66

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Devices:SGSI&II&TAB,Streak,Desire

I have the same problem. Whether I use power+volume up with or without the menu button mine sits with the green android and nothing happens. Pop the battery out and it reboots but has not updated. (I tried both downloads)

Sadly I have the original SD card. Anyone have any ideas as to what problem I have?

what phone do you have ? contry ?
sure its a GEN1 ..tried with mr. pigfish app ?
format your sd-card and try again

Edited by curl66, 29 April 2011 - 07:48 AM.

Thermostat9

Thermostat9

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

what phone do you have ? contry ?
sure its a GEN1 ..tried with mr. pigfish app ?

Phone is a Orange San Francisco, I'm in the UK.
Yes, Mr Pigfish says Gen1
If I format my card I'll loose all my stuff on it won't I? I have a backup on the computer, can I just copy it all back over after with no problems?

Ogami Itto

Ogami Itto

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade/CM10.1 by KonstaT

If I format my card I'll loose all my stuff on it won't I? I have a backup on the computer, can I just copy it all back over after with no problems?

Didn't read the rest, but this question I can answer ^^ : yes you should backup your sd on your computer first, and yes you will then be able to copy the backed-up files back on the sd card once it's formatted.
:mellow:

Edit: Now that I come to think of it: take particular attention to the hidden files & folders while you backup to your pc. They're called ".xxx" (start with a dot) and I'm pretty sure wincrap won't get them by default...

Edited by Ogami Itto, 29 April 2011 - 08:10 AM.

m3g4tr0n

m3g4tr0n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
can i confirm this includes gapps? cause I've been doing a separate install of gapps.

thanks

ps. i think you should remove "**Tomorrow i post a new 7.02stable with updated CWM and optimized partitions by wbaw." since you've uploaded the new version.

curl66

curl66

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Devices:SGSI&II&TAB,Streak,Desire

can i confirm this includes gapps? cause I've been doing a separate install of gapps.

thanks

ps. i think you should remove "**Tomorrow i post a new 7.02stable with updated CWM and optimized partitions by wbaw." since you've uploaded the new version.

it includes gapps

Thermostat9

Thermostat9

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

That seems to have done the trick. All up and running as expected.

Thank you!

tdodd

tdodd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Note; ZTE Blade
Thanks for these instructions. I've had my SanFran since October last year and after flirting with various versions of JJ from 3 to 9 I kept going back to the stock ROM with Orange apps removed for stability and battery life. I've now been running with CM7 N57 for over 24 hours and I'm very happy with it so far. The only quirk is the phone turning completely off (not rebooting) while charging. The phone has been running for 26 hours on battery power alone and still has 91% battery remaining. Everything I've tried works as expected, including GPS.

Posted Image Posted Image

Pieniek

Pieniek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Working as a charm, thank for making this process so simple!

Current ROM: CM 10.1 (4.2.2) 15.02.13 by godly KonstaT :)

sej7278

sej7278

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

BTW 7.0.3 is due out tonight.

you sure, i've seen 7.0.2.1 for a couple of devices (nexus?) but not 7.0.3

DannyDanny

DannyDanny

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
I tried this method and it worked!

But the GPS is not working. Not Force close, just not functioning. It turns on and off but it cannot read any signal :mellow:

jeeruff

jeeruff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
want you to know my first reaction: 0. loading image folder and rebooting on my lutea with power + up + menu and immidiately starts next number 1. green words loading 2. green android 3. blue android on board! 4. fast booting and fast reacting 5. give you many thanks and respect for your work!

tdodd

tdodd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Note; ZTE Blade

I tried this method and it worked!
But the GPS is not working. Not Force close, just not functioning. It turns on and off but it cannot read any signal :mellow:

Try downloading the free GPS Status app from the market. It should definitely kick your GPS into life if it is functional.

I haven't used mine for navigation yet, since switching to CM7, but I just went into my back garden and with Google Maps and the satellite view layer enabled I could see that it had me placed correctly to within about 1m. I had up to 12 satellites visible. Indoors I was seeing up to 7 satellites.

Edited by tdodd, 30 April 2011 - 09:57 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image

ups

ups

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I can't get my blade to start the TPT (whatever this means) mode.

Vol Up + Power or Home + Vol up + Power just brings the green droid and then nothing else.

I have clockworkmod installed, but the only way I can get them to boot is by unsing CM7 reboot to recovery or command line "adb reboot recovery".

Any clues? Is it possible to run this from the clockwork menu?

Edit:

I was able to start it by pressing: Menu + Vol up + Power.

One more variable?

Edited by ups, 30 April 2011 - 01:20 PM.

crankykick

crankykick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:zte blade/ Huawei G300
Thanks for this has made it very easy to "upgrade" and try cm7.

Big Thank you to all who made this possible :mellow:

- ups this may be daft but you did unzip the file and just place the image folder on your sd card?

dimi107

dimi107

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:nokia E51 - zte blade with JJ
i also did the "up to gen 2" thing and installed cm 7.02 with it

went perfect!

sej7278

sej7278

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

i also did the "up to gen 2" thing and installed cm 7.02 with it

went perfect!

yup, me too. just went from gen1 mcr12 straight to gen2 cm7-n57 in on go - great!

i've not had the charger reboot issue, igo 8.4.2 satnav works fine, google maps just caused my blade to reboot, 2nd try its fine though.

i had to re-install a lot of my apps manually via the market (easier on the pc) for some reason it didn't do many automatically.

edit: i just got the charger reboot issue when i overclocked to 710mhz. back to 604mhz and everything is rock solid.

Edited by sej7278, 30 April 2011 - 09:21 PM.

Nagromat

Nagromat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:HTC Magic
Having issues using this :o
I currently have MCR r12 installed on my OSF, tried everything that's been posted on this thread:
Vol up + power
Vol up + Menu + Power
format SD card
Checked the MD5 etc.

No idea why I can't load it up properly :D I extracted the .zip and it has the image folder etc. but it just won't work >.<

All that happens is the green android comes up and it sticks on that, tried leaving it for ages and still nothing happens - I have to remove the battery and then it just boots up normally :\

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!

EDIT: Changing the SD Card worked! Many thanks for the suggestion - love the rom, thanks for the easy instructions :mellow:

Edited by Nagromat, 01 May 2011 - 10:16 PM.

wbaw

wbaw

account closed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Having issues using this :mellow:
I currently have MCR r12 installed on my OSF, tried everything that's been posted on this thread:
Vol up + power
Vol up + Menu + Power
format SD card
Checked the MD5 etc.

No idea why I can't load it up properly :o I extracted the .zip and it has the image folder etc. but it just won't work >.<

All that happens is the green android comes up and it sticks on that, tried leaving it for ages and still nothing happens - I have to remove the battery and then it just boots up normally :\

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!

You could try using another sd card, maybe the stock one that came with the sf. old & slow cards seem to be better for it. other people have reported problems with some sd cards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users