26 Apr: G2X pre-dexopt patch

Guest PaulOBrien

This download is a tweak for T-Mobile G2X (NOT Optimus 2X) STOCK ROMs. Always do a backup in ClockworkMod Recovery first!

This fix pack includes my fix for the LG 'pre-dexopt' issue only. For me I found that - after an initial slow boot (where the dex files are created) - this made the device run more smoothly in general use. Flash via clockworkmod recovery and share your feedback! :)

• DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: c743f9b8adf10188ce0d102e7fd522a7

Enjoy! :)

P

Guest Brian L

No problem :) Thanks for the g2x work. I would give you some feedback about how it works but I gotta go get an sd card today. I came from a nexus s so i didn't need one for a while but the g2x cwm only backs up to external sd card right now. I will report back later hopefully

Guest gaww1

Welcome back Paul - a whole bunch of G2X owners were looking forward to you getting back in the saddle - lol.

I had to download on computer and move this over - download on phone did not result in a zip file. Flashed it, and I don't know if this makes sense, but Quadrant scores seemed to have clicked up by about 100-150 points.

Looking forward to one of your ROMs for the G2X that will allow overclocking or a separate kernel (with a minmax governor too I hope).

Since this sub-forum still combines O2X and G2X devices, I am sure there will be more then a few flashing of the wrong ROMs and basebands - will there be a "fix-it" baseband for the G2X available at some point?

On the subject of basebands - there is a real flap going on as to whether the G2X really has the US AT&T data bands. There is a belief that they do, but would need a modified baseband to make them work. Don't know if that is something that could be done here - but I and many others would gladly pay for a baseband that did that.