No replies to this topic

commander_keen

commander_keen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco (ZTE Blade)
Hey there,

I just had a hard time to log in to this site after a registration without any problems due to the fact that a login would take me to exactly the same site as if I were not logged in. (see the header, it even thinks I'm in "Windows" not in the Android section o_0)
Posted Image

After trying other Browsers I noticed that this seems to be a issue with my (mozilla gecko-based) Seamonkey, so I tried to spoof the UserAgent of Firefox and *tada* I was logged in instantly (notice: I didn't even have to login again, I already was logged in!):
Posted Image

My original UserAgent is as follows: Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.9.1.18) Gecko/20110320 Lightning/1.0b1 Mnenhy/0.8.0pre15 SeaMonkey/2.0.13
While spoofing Firefox was like this: Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5

I can even switch between those two and will be presented logged-in/logged-out pages instantly depending on the UA.
It seems that there is some UA-sniffing or similar happening which obviously fails. I'd like to recommend to sniff for GECKO instead of FIREFOX if UserAgent-sniffing is done here / needed. (see http://geckoisgecko.org )

If this issue is based on another incidence, feel free to clarify.
kind regards

Edited by commander_keen, 28 April 2011 - 02:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users