Wind [Greece] official 2.2 upgrade

Guest Superfuzz

Guest shaney2k
can we replace the files from patched flasher with these and it is possible to backup channel1.nvm ?

Im guessing its going to be too early to tell but is this actually any better than the swedish 2.2? I thought it would be pretty similar? (noob alert :mellow: )

Guest jeddy1
system.img is still 2.2, not 2.2.1 or 2.2.2, which is a shame

thats what i just would ask! what this have more than the other 2.2 upgrades?

Guest mrradmir
Have you managed to grab the flasher too?
As you can see PSTW_DL_P729BWINDV1.0.0B01Temp20110412.exe is the flasher that contains flash files.

Hopefully ZTE will not complicate our work in next updates.

Edited by mrradmir

Guest DiNiko
It would help if the Upgrader was not in Greek LOL

Something else that was funny, It didn't extract anything from the thing it did from the Comviq and the Telia Upgrader. Seems The Sysdy method is not present in this one.

Hope this helps a bit !

post-574765-1304151649_thumb.jpg

You guys realise that the appsboot.mbn in this will take away half of your ram. I can't see why you'd want to flash this, unless you're greek & want to return to the stock rom.

Guest veehexx

i've been making a bit of noise about this, but i'm having issues with all the latest/cooked roms.

bluetooth issues with certain devices, exchange2010 sync issues, and also wifi on the latest cm7.

i'm looking for a standard official 2.2 rom to try the bluetooth connectivity.

i hear the words "only 256mb ram", but thats only an issue if your using ram intensive apps. even with sygic aura satnav running, im seeing 120mb ram used (296mb free), so plenty of headroom.

obviously i'd prefer the full 512mb capacity, but for me, functionality is the key.

anyway, i'm looking for an official 2.2 rom release to test bluetooth connectivity with, this would be the one :mellow:

Guest kogos

If u use the official updater it converts the device to gen2. If u keep a nandroid backup, unlock the extra 256RAM and then use the nandroid to restore the official rom with 512RAM, the device hangs on boot.

Any chance that we can have a .zip file out of this official update to use with CWM so we can restore the official rom (gen2 devices only whould do)? I think that whould solve the "booting" problems

time spent on this appreciated:)

Edited by kogos

Guest Superfuzz
i've been making a bit of noise about this, but i'm having issues with all the latest/cooked roms.

bluetooth issues with certain devices, exchange2010 sync issues, and also wifi on the latest cm7.

i hear the words "only 256mb ram", but thats only an issue if your using ram intensive apps. even with sygic aura satnav running, im seeing 120mb ram used (296mb free), so plenty of headroom.

obviously i'd prefer the full 512mb capacity, but for me, functionality is the key.

anyway, i'm looking for an official 2.2 rom release to test bluetooth connectivity with, this would be the one :mellow:

Υou could test the 2.2 official from Comviq or TeliaSonera in case you haven't already, those don't have the 256 mb RAM limitation.

Guest JK-FINN

Why don't you use official Swedish 2.2 update, 512MB RAM and everything......

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1653661

http://www.ztesweden.se/Exego.aspx?p_id=327

or an official 2.2 from Saunalahti (Finland), it has been uploaded to Modaco.

Guest kallt_kaffe
its only the driver installer in there for me. There is a command prompt windows popping up each time i run the .exe, but it closes too fast and i cant see what its doing.

I had my Blade connected running CM7 and I could push the button and it went to 1% then there was a red greek text. I guess it said "Failure" in greek. And I left the software running and grabbed all the .img and .mbn files from the folder that only hade the driverinstaller before I pushed the button.

Here's the MD5's from the file I got in case you still have some files that are not identified:

DBDC9FEFAD614449485EEAB3CE08F058  amss.mbn
15DFD0E7E7C723AC953EFEAA949CFADA amsshd.mbn
3BDD73C15B70AE92924FF7921E1EC444 appsboot.mbn
AF1F3C822C513591C0DE723D7F6D9C82 appsboothd.mbn
4A1012D9DD2AB51C742FBB4F9C0F56E5 armprgZTE.bin
5052CD9C94A7E1280555B34EA1580CEB boot.img
F74733E06F81890BBA82D1FB29B2393F cefs.mbn
8E54783CBC7CE1541CA0DEDBE7D1499D DriverInstaller.exe
D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E NvBackUp.nvm
00074CA278D3819F3A946823C3E5B787 oemsbl.mbn
E0DA4B054D1E43A7AE59CDC3B04FB2E9 oemsblhd.mbn
8725B041C4677F32F653510F3A592D28 partition.mbn
96630DC3EB8425B15E3F5B29CBEC6B02 partition_ZTE.mbn
B9D84951A74331622F92DA85196355F0 qcsbl.mbn
D10D5D6A5CEF6B987853FAF0F9AC490E qcsblhd_cfgdata.mbn
A03C208D96CCB6AF5B5653B34132EF65 recovery.img
6517E43357B2CCB1E3C23CE1AF67F1E5 splash.img
CAA70FC3D5D2C71B2A84B18D9F40F091 system.img[/code]

Guest fonix232
As you can see PSTW_DL_P729BWINDV1.0.0B01Temp20110412.exe is the flasher that contains flash files.

Hopefully ZTE will not complicate our work in next updates.

I know, I meant that the old ones had the dumb version of the ZTE Flash Tool, and this one seemed different (had the functions more built-in). So basically I meant if you could extract a separate flasher.exe or not.

Guest laserburn

What a disappointment after all that waiting. As I understand, right now it is possible to unlock memory on phones flashed by this official update, but you have to change the ROM afterwards, you can't have Wind's 2.2 and all 512 MB of memory?

So, suggestions? What do we do now, is someone thinking/planing to modify Wind's 2.2 to go around this, or should we all just go for SSrls5 and other cooked ROMs?

Guest jeddy1
What a disappointment after all that waiting. As I understand, right now it is possible to unlock memory on phones flashed by this official update, but you have to change the ROM afterwards, you can't have Wind's 2.2 and all 512 MB of memory?

So, suggestions? What do we do now, is someone thinking/planing to modify Wind's 2.2 to go around this, or should we all just go for SSrls5 and other cooked ROMs?

flash another official which it will release the extra ram if thats what u mean.

Guest fonix232

Use the official update, then the 2.2 generic updater with the sweden MBN files.

Guest laserburn
flash another official which it will release the extra ram if thats what u mean.

Use the official update, then the 2.2 generic updater with the sweden MBN files.

But I would end up with another ROM that is not Wind's. They don't really check here if the phone is unlocked if you bring it for repairs under warranty, but they will notice different ROM.

Guest Jekle
But I would end up with another ROM that is not Wind's. They don't really check here if the phone is unlocked if you bring it for repairs under warranty, but they will notice different ROM.

That why you flash the default WIND update when it's come to repair and they hardly ever check them.

Guest fonix232

Nope... You flash the WIND update (WIND SW, and 256MB RAM), then you get the Swedish one, remove system.img, splash.img, recovery.img and boot.img (the actual ROM) and flash that. This way you get the 512MB RAM, and WIND ROM.

Guest laserburn
Nope... You flash the WIND update (WIND SW, and 256MB RAM), then you get the Swedish one, remove system.img, splash.img, recovery.img and boot.img (the actual ROM) and flash that. This way you get the 512MB RAM, and WIND ROM.

Wait, what? :mellow: :o If you could post detailed instructions and download links, about 10% of population of Greece would be thankful to you.

Guest kogos

done. Unlocked official rom to 512mb and repartitioned, adding cwm as well in one go

Edited by kogos