Guest FelixL

You should add:

Gen2-TPT rocks!

Edit: And wait, you need a PC for doing the TPT? O.o

Maybe you should remove

I don't have a PC to do it on.

Edited by FelixL

Guest MDCFan

I don't like losing various ways to restore my phone if something goes wrong (no fastboot, no TPT and sometimes even no DFU), but since Gen2-TPT retains TPT I might go for it.

Guest Fou-lu
I don't like losing various ways to restore my phone if something goes wrong (no fastboot, no TPT and sometimes even no DFU), but since Gen2-TPT retains TPT I might go for it.

TPT also allows us to revert back so we lose nothing :mellow:

Guest sej7278
TPT also allows us to revert back so we lose nothing :mellow:

as i understand it you can only revert back to earlier cm7 builds, not mcr12/jj9 for example - is that right?

Guest MDCFan
as i understand it you can only revert back to earlier cm7 builds, not mcr12/jj9 for example - is that right?

If you have upgraded your phone to Gen2 by TPT method (did not use that windows flasher) you should be able to revert to those Gen1 ROMs.

Guest theShire

Still on FLB Froyo r10 and don't have any issues, so no need to go Gen2 yet.

Might look at CM7 again, tried a few nightlies when it was still Gen1 but decided to stick with FLB

Guest targetbsp

For me, there's just not been any point yet. N35 is rock solid for me and latter versions (mostly cause of the charging bug) aren't. Once the charging bug is fixed I'll go gen 2 i expect. There's nothing especially putting me off it besides the inability to run N35. :mellow:

Guest Azurana

Currently on SS rls4, and like it. Good enough for me.

I'll update as soon as I think CM7 is far enough for me to be using it :mellow:

(other words.. can't be bothered yet cause I'm a lazy-ass)

Guest veehexx

CBA for me.

so far, none of the new roms sync properly with exchange 2010, so i'm still on flb 11b rom.

if i've done my research right, you cant use a gen1 rom (ie: flb's) on gen2 phones.

if roms came out that worked properly, then i'd likely be on gen2! :mellow:

Guest Benti77

I follow an old statement, If a device is ok and a upgrade doesn't change the way I can use it, why spend my time upgrading, reinstalling and re-configuring it ?

Guest Hans Gruber

I've not updated as my Gen1 CM7.0.0 is solid as a rock. I'll update once all the Gen2 GPS and charging issues are fixed.

Edited by Hans Gruber

Guest lesa0208

I broke my notebook and did not followed the forum for ten days, and I do not know what has been fixed and what not on Cyanogem mode 7 rom :mellow:

Guest Al1F0

Will do eventually but 'can't be bothered' at the moment.

Not necessary for me at now :

Swedish Spring RLS5 (GEN1) gives total satisfaction for my present Blade's use !!

Edited by Al1F0

Guest Len Ash
CBA for me.

so far, none of the new roms sync properly with exchange 2010, so i'm still on flb 11b rom.

if i've done my research right, you cant use a gen1 rom (ie: flb's) on gen2 phones.

if roms came out that worked properly, then i'd likely be on gen2! :mellow:

FLB r11b Gen 2 now exists. You may wish to wait for feedback on your requirement before plunging. Feel free to ask in the post for folk to test for you...

Guest oldfella

using FLB 9b - its solid, smooth and battery friendly. Only reason to change would be to move to 2.3 - as CM7 still seems to have problems there is no value in changing yet.

Guest Armod

I'm on SS rls3 and I missed the whole Gen1/Gen2 thing. My current rom works fine so I see no reason to change anything.

Guest ShahinTehShiz

I'm on SS RLS4b, I haven;t upgraded to 5 since that 1 person who says they have issues gets me scared! xD

And I haven't dont Gen 2 since I don't know what the heck a TPT is or how to do it, and I don't want to mess it up + The guide is a bit unclear to me :S

(I had to follow the dumbed down guide on orangesanfrancisco.co.uk to flash RLS4b)

If the GEN 1 to GEN 2 guide was like the one of orangesanfrancisco.co.uk then I would've done it, otherwise I'm fine with the oh so stable RLS4b :mellow:

Guest popoyaya

For those sitting on the fence, too scared or too lazy to go for CM7, I've finally taken the plunge after waiting for months and it's so worth it. Using Curl66's one-step Gen2 convert & install could not be simpler and after a few tweaks the phone is now so much smoother and feature packed. No freezing, rebooting, force-closing issues at all and battery life is excellent. Go for it!

Guest Fou-lu
I'm on SS RLS4b, I haven;t upgraded to 5 since that 1 person who says they have issues gets me scared! xD

And I haven't dont Gen 2 since I don't know what the heck a TPT is or how to do it, and I don't want to mess it up + The guide is a bit unclear to me :S

(I had to follow the dumbed down guide on orangesanfrancisco.co.uk to flash RLS4b)

If the GEN 1 to GEN 2 guide was like the one of orangesanfrancisco.co.uk then I would've done it, otherwise I'm fine with the oh so stable RLS4b :mellow:

sure, was also scared as have no access to PC to unbrick when something goes wrong, but couldn't wait any longer :o

simple steps?

1. download the TPT file ( http://filesonic.com/file/870828724/Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v3.zip )

2 download a GEN2 rom

2. unzip the contents of the TPT zip to SD card (should show a "images" folder on SD root)

3. power off, remove battery, place battery back in

4. hold vol + and menu, whilst holding them power on

5. Green text will show and it will boot into recovery (your now GEN2)

6. wipe, and install the GEN2 rom you picked

7. done

curl66 method is even quicker though..

Guest IPB_Refugee
Will do eventually but 'can't be bothered' at the moment.

Not necessary for me at now :

Swedish Spring RLS5 (GEN1) gives total satisfaction for my present Blade's use !!

+1

Swedish Spring with darktremor's Apps2SD is (nearly) the perfect ROM for me. I will stay on Froyo until I get my next phone in 2-3 years.

Regards

Wolfgang