33 replies to this topic

JamesKing

JamesKing

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
Ordered under the above contract deal. I also have one on the way from buymobilephones.net!

Hm... what to do!?

Dayzee

Dayzee

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:I'm a published Author, Stand Up Comedian (occasionally), Improvisor, and teacher - But most of all, I love my Gadgets :) Especially Android!!<br /><br />Here's my Amazon Author Profile - Over 18's tho <br />http://www.amazon.com/Edie-Bingham/e/B002BLV6FY/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1
  • Devices:Hero, Nexus One
  • Twitter:@daized

Ordered under the above contract deal. I also have one on the way from buymobilephones.net!

Hm... what to do!?

If it were me, Id try to cancel the buy mobile phones one, but if not, ebay it as soon as poss to sell to those waiting for later release dates. ;-)

Dayz

pbinks

pbinks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One
  • Twitter:@pbinks

Who ordered?

I reckon delivery could be Tuesday, waiting to see if the device is unlocked!

P

Cancelled Expansys preorder when I saw O2 were doing the SGSII on PAYG for £399 and ordered from them as it is £150 less than the preorder price from Expansys, so expecting it next week or week after as O2 order says five working days for delivery.

:mellow:

Binky

dr_ysp

dr_ysp

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Note II, Grey
  • Twitter:@dryspuri

If it were me, Id try to cancel the buy mobile phones one, but if not, ebay it as soon as poss to sell to those waiting for later release dates. ;-)

Dayz

hi, Dayz, i checked with o2 today, they confirmed that we can lose said bolt on(3.50). The only thing i am waiting is for actual look at the handset as these people dont have it two o2 stores i checked in london

dr_ysp

dr_ysp

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
by the way has anyone got any better deal!!

Edited by dr_ysp, 02 May 2011 - 04:07 PM.

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

by the way has anyone got any better deal!!

My mate just got one on contract, but after 3 days he says he hates it. I've just bought it for £80 :mellow:

Woo hoooo!!

*AHEM* - I just woke up from a wonderful dream... :o

Edited by glossywhite, 02 May 2011 - 04:38 PM.

DickieUK

DickieUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
Had mine since the 27th, and can confirm there is no reference to NFC on the device.

I've read mixed reports, some say the device is sporting the hardware and will receive an update to enable the settings and may require an additional NFC supporting SIM, others say that its only available in certain countries PERIOD.

Ive heard 'evidence' for both sides of the argument, including that Samsung have stated they wanted to push NFC in the UK for the 2012 olympics...

I know the Korean dump contained an app (NFC.apk), which i thought about instaling, but i have no NFC devices to test it with :/

Dickie

dr_ysp

dr_ysp

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Had mine since the 27th, and can confirm there is no reference to NFC on the device.
I've read mixed reports, some say the device is sporting the hardware and will receive an update to enable the settings and may require an additional NFC supporting SIM, others say that its only available in certain countries PERIOD.

Ive heard 'evidence' for both sides of the argument, including that Samsung have stated they wanted to push NFC in the UK for the 2012 olympics...

I know the Korean dump contained an app (NFC.apk), which i thought about instaling, but i have no NFC devices to test it with :/
Dickie

r u in uk, do u have oyster travel card? that is nfc

MrChaz

MrChaz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Can you also confirm if NFC is missing from the UK handset?

Just tried a couple of NFC tags and no dice. The standard Tags app isn't there and nor are the config settings.
So unless the actual one is different from the demo one I got to play with there's no NFC

davidhorn

davidhorn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:SmartPhones, Pocket PCs, anything else, etc.
Picked one up today - unfortunately they made me buy a £10 top up to go with it, but on the bright side the phone was unlocked!

Scottland

Scottland

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
I've heard a rumor that O2 will stop selling you a PayG S2 due to short stock supply. No idea if it will come back at a higher price or not, so fill yer boots while you can.

l0ck1e

l0ck1e

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, SGS 2
  • Twitter:@l0ck1e
Got mine from o2 yesterday £399. Coupled the new phone with a new GiffGaff sim. £10 a month = Unlimited Texts, Unlimited Data and 250 mins Calls.

GiffGaff

redmongoose

redmongoose

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Having played with a sgs2 today I have taken the plunge :mellow:

I was really amazed by the weight compared to my dhd

Hope it comes unlocked :o

Great work on insecure boot as always Paul.

DarthOps

DarthOps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

I've heard a rumor that O2 will stop selling you a PayG S2 due to short stock supply. No idea if it will come back at a higher price or not, so fill yer boots while you can.

Damn, looks like this might be the case, no stock at all in central Scotland, can't even see it on the O2 website either under payg :mellow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users