Is it difficult to change rom/flash?

Guest mrTau

Guest mrTau

Thanks for all guiding :unsure:

Whats the best latest release, android 2.2 ? for GEN 1 and user friendly for å rookie :)

Edited by mrTau

Guest jeddy1
Thanks for all guiding :unsure:

Whats the best latest release, android 2.2 ? for GEN 1 and user friendly for å rookie :)

flb rom latest or swedish spring latest i recommend! (GEN1)

Guest ValiantSaint

Hi, sorry to "hijack" the thread, but as a "noob" myself, I was wondering how to backup my phone before attempting a new ROM? Thanks : )

Edited by ValiantSaint

Guest mrTau

Hi vali :unsure:

No problem mate :) about that backup, its a choice in one of the progs/apps u install on your phone.

from Fou-lu earlier in this thread : you do a nandroid backup through clockwork, boot into clockwork once installed and do it through there, or use the option in recovery manager.

it's a backup of your whole system incase something goes wrong so you can revert back.

If you got GEN 1 (check wiht mr pigfish) dont use rom manager, thats only for GEN 2 I think?

Guest Elgreco77
simple simple?

1.Download and install this to root your phone

http://cl.ly/133H4700041G2X1J1l1a

2.Go to market and download "titanium backup" and install "busybox" also from market (don't open it),

3.open titanium, and hold on app you want to remove from system and "un-install", or buy system app remover if your to lazy to install two apps :unsure:

phone must be rooted to remove anything.

Thanks a lot, tried this. I got the message "the content is not supported by this phone"

Guest Jekle
Swedish spring, is that android 2.2 version?

Yes, Can I just ask were you bought your phone from? I don't think they sell the ZTE Blade in Norway.

Guest Fou-lu
Trying to open recovery manager after install: app recovery manager (prosess com.podtwo recovery manager stopped

What now?

Try root it again with androot, it un-roots after a reboot.

Guest mrTau

Fou Lu you my friend :unsure: that worked, so to the next step..

Just for security :

I have to install/put clockwork file on my sd card ?

Clockwork done, do i also have to install swedish spring on my sd card?

Booting now, but its been more than 6 min now... just wait? and my usb cable still connected, remove that?

YES, got it! and Swedish spring got almost all languages I think.. at least norwegian, thanks all

Edited by mrTau

Guest mrTau

After changing to swedish spring, I dont feel like the battery is any better, but that said, its just my 4 charging until now. It does need 5-6 real charges before the battery is top ?

Have done calibration too.

Guest mrTau

Battery...

Charged the phone through usb-pc yesterday, and the battery power is down from 100% to 67% this morning, without any use, just quick phone call yesterday which lasted about 3 min. This was the 5th charging.

I really hope the battery gets MUCH better than this. Could it be bad charging wiht pc-usb?

Gen 1 with swedish spring

Guest Fou-lu
Battery...

Charged the phone through usb-pc yesterday, and the battery power is down from 100% to 67% this morning, without any use, just quick phone call yesterday which lasted about 3 min. This was the 5th charging.

I really hope the battery gets MUCH better than this. Could it be bad charging wiht pc-usb?

Gen 1 with swedish spring

That's not normal, without any use? check in spare parts what's eating your battery, could be an app.

Guest mrTau

The phone was just on overnight, finished charging late yesterday afternoon. The percentage just dropping now during the day. Had to recharge it now, down at 20% when I got home now.

How come that a f ex Map always shows in apps (viewing wiht advanced task killer)

What to look for in spare parts? Also using Go theme 'thing' Not any network/wifi facebook app going either.

Battery usage : Celle-standby 45%

phone not in use : 42

calls: 6%

screen 3%

This from an app (battery indicator)

UPDATE : If I press quickly at the power button, phone goes dark ( I thought it were sleeping..) but pressing any button below, it comes back to normal screen, slide lock to open, is that ok?

Edited by mrTau

Guest Elgreco77
Fou Lu you my friend :unsure: that worked, so to the next step..

Just for security :

I have to install/put clockwork file on my sd card ?

Clockwork done, do i also have to install swedish spring on my sd card?

Booting now, but its been more than 6 min now... just wait? and my usb cable still connected, remove that?

YES, got it! and Swedish spring got almost all languages I think.. at least norwegian, thanks all

Guest Elgreco77

managed to download universal android. Done the root several times. Each time it says rooted. Downloaded Titanium backup and toolbox. When I try to open Titantium its says " I could not acquire root priveleges please verify that your rom is rooted" yet its saying rooted. Tried again and tried taking battery out and switching back on. No joy.

Thanks

Guest mrTau

Elgreco

You need this :

Universalandroot (everything you need, you'll find sticked)

Recoverymanager

RecoveryClockwork

This is for GEN 1 and of course you need the rom that you want.

remember to whipe as it is stated in the sticki.. you'll find all there, dont have the url here now

Guest Fou-lu
managed to download universal android. Done the root several times. Each time it says rooted. Downloaded Titanium backup and toolbox. When I try to open Titantium its says " I could not acquire root priveleges please verify that your rom is rooted" yet its saying rooted. Tried again and tried taking battery out and switching back on. No joy.

Thanks

toolbox? it's busybox , did you click "root me please" each time?

Guest Elgreco77
toolbox? it's busybox , did you click "root me please" each time?

Thanks, it is busybox not toolbox. I have ticked root me every time and its telling me its rooted. Ive got superuser and recovery manager. It tells me that recoverey manager has been granted superuser and "currently installed recovery" but below it says "unrecognised" I have got universal android.

Not sure where I'm going wrong. They have downloaded so I assume it is rooted.

Thanks agan