Overclocking white lines on video

Guest Stevonator

Guest Stevonator

Edit: The problem turned out to be Flash so if you're reading this and having the same problem or Flash is not working at all please look at post number 10 and follow those instructions :mellow:

Hey guys sorry it's me again I post a lot of questions. You probs know me now as the nooby question man lol.

Anyways I overclocked me Vega it made a HELL of a difference, but now whenever i play online or local video there are white flashing lines in the center of the screen. It's only happened after the overclocking was performed. So I took these steps. I re-flashed my Vega to remove any overclocking settings and restore it to the usual 1GHZ. I've tried viewing a video in BBC iPlayer with Flash enabled ATFER flashing it and the problem still existed. I then tried to view BBC iPlayer without Flash and the problem was still there. I've also tried to view ITV player under the same conditions and it was still there.

I had a small 45 second video clip which I played and it seemed to run fine however there wasn't much happening on the screen. The white lines only appear when a lot is going on. For example if it goes quickly from bright to dark, or quickly switches scenes or something like a car chase makes it happen a lot.

Have I damaged something by overclocking it? Has anyone else had it. It's really noticeable and tbh I'm pretty scared that I've damaged the GPU or CPU.

Any comments or resolutions to this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Oh ye I used two CPU programs. I can't remember the name of the first one, however the problems started after using that. So I uninstalled it and installed Setcpu after reflashing it and the problem still happened.

Thanks guys :o

Stevonator

Edited by Stevonator

Guest newbe5
Hey guys sorry it's me again I post a lot of questions. You probs know me now as the nooby question man lol.

Anyways I overclocked me Vega it made a HELL of a difference, but now whenever i play online or local video there are white flashing lines in the center of the screen. It's only happened after the overclocking was performed. So I took these steps. I re-flashed my Vega to remove any overclocking settings and restore it to the usual 1GHZ. I've tried viewing a video in BBC iPlayer with Flash enabled ATFER flashing it and the problem still existed. I then tried to view BBC iPlayer without Flash and the problem was still there. I've also tried to view ITV player under the same conditions and it was still there.

I had a small 45 second video clip which I played and it seemed to run fine however there wasn't much happening on the screen. The white lines only appear when a lot is going on. For example if it goes quickly from bright to dark, or quickly switches scenes or something like a car chase makes it happen a lot.

Have I damaged something by overclocking it? Has anyone else had it. It's really noticeable and tbh I'm pretty scared that I've damaged the GPU or CPU.

Any comments or resolutions to this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Oh ye I used two CPU programs. I can't remember the name of the first one, however the problems started after using that. So I uninstalled it and installed Setcpu after reflashing it and the problem still happened.

Thanks guys :mellow:

Edit: Hey guys I've managed to work out the cause of the problem. For some reason it was Corvus 5 which is really strange as it seemed to work fine all day yesterday and up to now today. I reflashed back to stock and it works fine :o Corvus 5 was great please don't get me wrong however due to that I'll be trying pauls Rom and see if I get any more luck in terms of video playback :D

Stevonator

PHEW! Glad you got it sorted! You've been waiting so long for your Vega it would be a nightmare if you got a faulty one! lol

I run Corvus5 (obviously :D) at 1.2ghz permanently (I find 1.4 a little excessive, although my tablet performs great with it on with no ill effects) and I havent experienced this issue. My daughter and myself watch tv and movies on it all the time and don't get this at all :/ If you get chance to reflash covus5 from scratch with a whole host of wipes, please let me know if this keeps occurring so I can look in to it!

newbe5

Guest Stevonator
PHEW! Glad you got it sorted! You've been waiting so long for your Vega it would be a nightmare if you got a faulty one! lol

I run Corvus5 (obviously :D) at 1.2ghz permanently (I find 1.4 a little excessive, although my tablet performs great with it on with no ill effects) and I havent experienced this issue. My daughter and myself watch tv and movies on it all the time and don't get this at all :/ If you get chance to reflash covus5 from scratch with a whole host of wipes, please let me know if this keeps occurring so I can look in to it!

newbe5

Hi Newbe5 :mellow:

I switched to Pauls rom and i've still got the same white lines so I don't believe it's your Rom. For some strange reason the stock rom works fine so I'll just learn to live with it :o

Thanks for your concern :D

Guest Dave Marchant
Hi Newbe5 :mellow:

I switched to Pauls rom and i've still got the same white lines so I don't believe it's your Rom. For some strange reason the stock rom works fine so I'll just learn to live with it :o

Thanks for your concern :D

It may be the issue with Flash 10.2 that has been discussed elsewhere. Evidently, the 10.2 on the Marketplace (not sure if that has been added to the ROM's) is not optimised for the Vega, where the 10.2 in the stock ROM supposedly is.

Edited by Dave Marchant

Guest Stevonator
It may be the issue with Flash 10.2 that has been discussed elsewhere. Evidently, the 10.2 on the Marketplace (not sure if that has been added to the ROM's) is not optimised for the Vega, where the 10.2 in the stock ROM supposedly is.

Dave thanks for your reply :mellow:

That might explain it, do we have a link to Flash 10.2 used in stock for custom roms :o

Cheers !

Edited by Stevonator

Guest Zebrahead
Dave thanks for your reply :mellow:

That might explain it, do we have a link to Flash 10.2 used in stock for custom roms :o

Cheers !

Here you go. I don't think there are any other related files.

I had to rename it txt because it said I wasn't allowed to post apk files. Simply rename it back to apk.

On a side note, stock 1.09 contains flashplayer 10.1 and not 10.2. (And so this is 10.1)

Zeb

flashplayer10.1.120.10.txt

Edited by Zebrahead

Guest Stevonator
Here you go. I don't think there are any other related files.

I had to rename it txt because it said I wasn't allowed to post apk files. Simply rename it back to apk.

On a side note, stock 1.09 contains flashplayer 10.1 and not 10.2. (And so this is 10.1)

Zeb

Hi Zebrahead :mellow:

Thank you for your reply, I downloaded and renamed the file you provided however when it attempts to run flash content it closes my browser. I've tried this on the default browser and dolphin hd.

I tried to be clever myself by taking the system img file created from my nandroid backup and taking the flashplayer from there ! However the custom rom doesn't accept it.

It seems were doomed forever for flash content lmao ! :D

Thanks anyway :o

Guest Zebrahead
I tried to be clever myself by taking the system img file created from my nandroid backup and taking the flashplayer from there !

Exactly what I did, not quite sure as to why it doesn't work :mellow:. It should have done!

I don't know what else to suggest, I'll try and look into it.

Zeb

Guest Stevonator
Exactly what I did, not quite sure as to why it doesn't work :o. It should have done!

I don't know what else to suggest, I'll try and look into it.

Zeb

Cheers mate I'm looking into it now to, I'll let you know what I find :mellow:

Guest Stevonator

I have a fix :D

After much researching I have found this version of Flash Player which when installed works like a charm. Follow these instructions:

1. Download this file :mellow: [url="https://rapidshare.com/files/460318958/Latest_version_of_Flashplayer_10.1.apk

2. Put it on your SD Card

3. Go into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and remove any existing Adobe Flash Player installations

4. Immediately Restart the device

5. Once rebooted immediately install the APK file you transferred onto your SD Card earlier

6. Congratulations you now have Adobe Flash :D

Its also confirmed that this works after a reboot as I have rebooted my Vega. This was tested on the Modaco R8 Custom Rom. However I believe this fix should also work for other Custom Roms such as Corvus5 :o

Stevonator

Edited by Stevonator

Guest Panayioti
I have a fix :D

After much researching I have found this version of Flash Player which when installed works like a charm. Follow these instructions:

1. Download this file :mellow: http://www.fileserve.com/file/JHnNXaN

2. Put it on your SD Card

3. Go into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and remove any existing Adobe Flash Player installations

4. Immediately Restart the device

5. Once rebooted immediately install the APK file you transferred onto your SD Card earlier

6. Congratulations you now have Adobe Flash :D

Its also confirmed that this works after a reboot as I have rebooted my Vega. This was tested on the Modaco R8 Custom Rom. However I believe this fix should also work for other Custom Roms such as Corvus5 :o

Stevonator

Could you post a mirror to your link always get an ip error on fileserve.

Thanks

Edited by Panayioti

Guest Stevonator
Could you post a mirror to your link always get an ip error on fileserve.

Thanks

Sure ill have it up in the next 5 minutes :mellow:

Guest Stevonator
Sure ill have it up in the next 5 minutes :mellow:

Here you go sorry it took a little longer then five minutes. This link should definately work. I wouldv'e uploaded it here to modaco, but I had an error saying I can't upload that type of file :D

Anyways here's the link have fun :D

https://rapidshare.com/files/460213526/libf...5.18_signed.apk

It's also been updated in the instructions above :o

Stevonator

Edited by Stevonator

Guest jdonn
I am running the corvus5 rom and this appears to have fixed the white lines issue.

Rob

I am running the latest cm7 nightly & the fix does not work for me.

Followed the instructions step by step, including removing the latest flash & installed10.1 (shows in applications after install)...but now all flash windows say the latest version of flash required...looks like its 10.2 & white lines for now :-(

Guest rebeldx
I am running the latest cm7 nightly & the fix does not work for me.

Followed the instructions step by step, including removing the latest flash & installed10.1 (shows in applications after install)...but now all flash windows say the latest version of flash required...looks like its 10.2 & white lines for now :-(

think thats cos the flash optimized for the vega is 4 froyo .... n cm7 is gingerbread

i could b wrong tho lol but thats whats stopped me from tryin it out (also runnin cm7)

Edited by rebeldx

Guest Stevonator

Hi again!

I have here the latest version of Flash 10.1. Install it the same way you installed the previous Flash Player. The instructions have also been updated with this link :D Please let me know how you get on :mellow: This was tested on Modaco R8. Other roms should work fine however it's getting late now lol and I have work in the morning so I can't be flashing to three different roms to find out the stability of Flash :D

However if you do encounter any issues the moment I get home I will be trying Flash with all three roms and give you the link to the Flash Player that works best with that rom. This also fixes those very annoying white lines :D It also fixes the notice you get saying you need to update your version of Adobe Flash.

Here's the link :-

https://rapidshare.com/files/460318958/Late...player_10.1.apk

Enjoy your Flash, any problems I'll be more then happy to help and look into them :o

Guest jonnyspuruk

Hi

This is old news and a compromise. You have current version 10.2 not optimised for the vega and thus the white lines u describe or you revert back to 10.1 as you have posted and you have major lip sync problems that were rectified in 10.2.

What Bugs you the most???

Thx

Guest Stevonator
Hi

This is old news and a compromise. You have current version 10.2 not optimised for the vega and thus the white lines u describe or you revert back to 10.1 as you have posted and you have major lip sync problems that were rectified in 10.2.

What Bugs you the most???

Thx

Hi johny,

I understand that the majority of users on this forum will know how to get Flash working.

However for new users it's not so easy. Im sure you remember when you were brand new to Android all you wanted was a simple pain free guide which was easy to understand. I know i did lol :mellow:

This is for them and I realise Paul has already made a thread based on Flash, but for people who haven't got the folder that Paul specified, people like me and many others it's quite frustrating when all you simply want is Flash.

And in anwser to your question yes referring back to 10.1 does rectify issues, however the first link I provided was for an early version of Flash 10.1 which was probably why people were having problems . The new link is for a more recent version of Flash 10.1

Thanks,

Stevonator

Edited by Stevonator

• 2 weeks later...