Android still fragmented

Guest Soulcalibur76

Guest Soulcalibur76

I have had several Android devices in the past year and even though its really good with customisations and multitasking the overall performance of the OS is still not as good as Apple's.

The updates come very often, there are too many devices with different specs and no dedicated and a "separate"

(I.e differenciation) apps and/or games for smartphones and tablets unlike Apple's. That is why maybe they see Android is still fragmented on these issues.

The 3.0 OS and Android Market is good but is still miles from Apple. But what can we do about it to match if not better iOS?

Guest glossywhite
I have had several Android devices in the past year and even though its really good with customisations and multitasking the overall performance of the OS is still not as good as Apple's.

The updates come very often, there are too many devices with different specs and no dedicated and a "separate"

(I.e differenciation) apps and/or games for smartphones and tablets unlike Apple's. That is why maybe they see Android is still fragmented on these issues.

The 3.0 OS and Android Market is good but is still miles from Apple. But what can we do about it to match if not better iOS?

IMHO, it's already "better", by being open. I'm not a fanboy of either, but Apple UI is a little dated and dull looking now, as fluid and beautiful as it is (and it is). I really don't know how to answer you - define "better"?

It's not a competition, seriously. If you like Apple, you buy Apple. If you like Android, you buy anything Android you so desire. I hate to sound like a cliche merchant, and I'm trying hard not to here. Apple have a closed loop; they control hardware AND software in perfect balance, which is great for the sake of performance and fluidity/predictability. The issue with Android does not rest with Google alone, it rests with lazy manufacturers who like to produce a handset with <Insert Version>.X of Android, and then forget about updating the OS for a year or more (no joke). If Google were the ones putting vanilla Android onto third party handsets, disallowing modification of the "out of the box experience", OR if they made some kind of rule which means manufacturers HAVE to update their handsets when Google releases new .X version of Android, it would probably be far more uniform... unlikely this will happen, though.

I know what you are saying, but as Apple like to say; "think different" - and that's what people want. There are certain parts of Android (what, STILL no video editor? No 720p video on San Fran?) that are missing, but in time it will mature, and has done massively from the early releases.

I'm holding my tongue, somewhat. Enjoy what suits your tastes, but neither is "better", it's choice mate.

Edited by glossywhite