Stuck in S/W Upgrade

Guest cheesy36

Guest cheesy36

Hi all,

I'm new to the android world and got this phone about 3 weeks ago from phones4u.

The problem is that it's stuck in S/W Upgrade. I had switched the phone off last night when it was at 25% battery life. This morning I plugged in my charger and 2 mins later when i got back to my phone it had "S/W Upgrade. Please wait while upgrading...." 2 hours later still the same screen so I thought it must have frozen so I pulled the battery as it wouldn't turn off. Restarted and straight back into S/W Upgrade screen. So I tried Hard factory reset....straight back into the S/W screen.

I have not modified the phone so what can the problem be?

Guest cyberden
Hi all,

I'm new to the android world and got this phone about 3 weeks ago from phones4u.

The problem is that it's stuck in S/W Upgrade. I had switched the phone off last night when it was at 25% battery life. This morning I plugged in my charger and 2 mins later when i got back to my phone it had "S/W Upgrade. Please wait while upgrading...." 2 hours later still the same screen so I thought it must have frozen so I pulled the battery as it wouldn't turn off. Restarted and straight back into S/W Upgrade screen. So I tried Hard factory reset....straight back into the S/W screen.

I have not modified the phone so what can the problem be?

I had the same issue while trying to update the phone with the official LG updater. The only way to get the phone working is to flash it using the NVFLASH utility that you can find on the site. Quite scary but it worked fine for me.

Guest cheesy36
I had the same issue while trying to update the phone with the official LG updater. The only way to get the phone working is to flash it using the NVFLASH utility that you can find on the site. Quite scary but it worked fine for me.

Oh man...I love and I want your babies :o It worked like a dream. Thank you so very much :mellow:

Guest cheesy36

Thanks to cyberdan for pointing me in the right direction but I was wondering what I should do next to prevent this problem? As I said earlier I am new to android and have not modified my phone...would that be the next step?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest freezeskii

I had the same problem, tried taking the battery out and all that, close to giving up but then it worked on my 6th attempt. The only different was that i took the battery out for a much longer time, like minute or two and then the update went through! i was using LG´s own updater.

Happy

Guest cheesy36

glad it worked for you...there's nothing worse then thinking you've bricked your brand new phone. If it wasn't for the friendly advice from great people on this forum i'd be in deep do-do :unsure: