[KERNEL]CorvusKernel 0.2 (for stock too)

Guest the_corvus

Guest the_corvus

(UPDATE: ADDED LINK TO NO AOSP ROM, STOCK ROM SUPPORTED)

Hi all

I have a new kernel for you.

It has all the features that kernel in Corvus5 rom has plus:

1) Blue light fixed :mellow:

2) CPU overclocked to 1.5 (see picture below, we beats Xoom :o)

3) Xpad added to kernel (not more module load)

4) May have some less battery draining, but not tested.

This kernel may work in all Vega Roms that are not Stock nor CM7 (only AOSP roms), but i will only support it if you use with Corvus5 rom.

About overclocking, if you have setcpu installed, press menu, select device and choose that setcpu autodetect freqs. It really works. :D It may work with any other cpu overclock utility, but is not tested.

Install as allways with CWM.

Link (for AOSP): http://www.multiupload.com/BOCMUM8TWP

Link (for STOCK): http://www.multiupload.com/EWW24XJO9E

NOTE: By default this kernel OC the cpu to 1.5Ghz. I try to change to 1Ghz, but doesnt work. This can harm the cpu if is always at this speed, so install any of the oc tools (setcpu, CPUMaster, etc.) in market to change it back to 1Ghz.

img20110503143821.jpg

Corvus.

PS: Thanks to Buzz and pershoot for the work they made in the kernel...

Edited by the_corvus

Guest dbaseii

Hi corvus

Still quite new to flashing. I have cwm which works ok. How do i flash your update. Its only a 5mb file. Do i flash like a normal rom

I have the latest corvus rom installed

Thanks

Guest the_corvus
Hi corvus

Still quite new to flashing. I have cwm which works ok. How do i flash your update. Its only a 5mb file. Do i flash like a normal rom

I have the latest corvus rom installed

Thanks

Yes, like a rom. copy the zip to the sdcard and use cwm to install

Corvus.

Guest clonmult

I'm considering picking up a Vega, and its work like this from Corvus that is going to be the decider.

Come pay day, I will very definitely be the owner of a Vega, then back over here for all the updates.

Many thanks for all the work!

Guest thwacker

Hmm. Looks tasty. I'll try this when I get home tonight.

I got my Vega for Xmas. Since then my brothers and sisters have bought another 4. I've no doubt they'll all want this kernel on top of the Corvus5 ROM.

Guest Yogimax

Excellent - can't wait to get home to try it out! Does the setcpu.txt file on the root of the SD card get replaced with this, or is it needed any longer?

Guest tony barnes
1) Blue light fixed :D

FPMSL !!! Nice work :o

Amazingly I've still not got around to putting the other ROM on mine yet... loads of time off work, but oddly busy :mellow:

50% overclock sounds interesting, I'd of thought that would worsen battery performance quite badly though?

Guest beegee1962

Hi Corvus,

Works great on my Stock ROM after I disabled rotation.

Any chance you make the same for Stock ROMs?

Guest the_corvus
The only bug i have found is the battery power indicator does not update until you do a reboot.

Yes, i have it too... solved using the calibration app or searching the post i explain how to solve it.

Hi Corvus,

Works great on my Stock ROM after I disabled rotation.

Any chance you make the same for Stock ROMs?

Sorry... i forgot to make this for you... i will do it this week... if i forgot again, you can reply here so everyone knows that i am a loser :mellow:

Corvus.

Guest scrupples

just a question on overclocking, on a computer if you overclock it, it can cause cause a shorter life span on the processor because of the extra heat, is there any ill effects to the vega by overclocking it?

Guest Maxwell4321

Yet another fantastic job from the Corvus :mellow:

Many many thanks for all your hard work :o

I just benchmarked 4440 !!!!! stunning is all I can say.

Guest dbaseii
Yes, i have it too... solved using the calibration app or searching the post i explain how to solve it.

Sorry... i forgot to make this for you... i will do it this week... if i forgot again, you can reply here so everyone knows that i am a loser :mellow:

Corvus.

Hi

went into cwm wiped battery stats battery indicator works ok now.

Thanks, a great update Corvus

Guest NeilLewis22

Great job mate

any crashes at 1.5? im guessing it should be ok seeing as other tablets are clocked at 1.5 with same cpu

Guest the_corvus
just a question on overclocking, on a computer if you overclock it, it can cause cause a shorter life span on the processor because of the extra heat, is there any ill effects to the vega by overclocking it?

Same as pc cpu... not for use full time. Only when needed.

Corvus