[KERNEL]CorvusKernel 0.2 (for stock too)

Guest the_corvus

Guest the_corvus
On Corvius ROM temp always 30.x degree.

This is battery temp, not cpu temp, so it can be always 30.x degrees... :mellow:

No temp sensor in cpu... :S

Corvus.

Guest warwound
By default wifi is on in sleep mode allways, dont have time to fix it...

Corvus.

OK thanks for the reply.

warwound.

Guest ASD2003ru
I don`t know if there is a difference between the ViewSonic 10s and the vega .

The background tasks have never worked in any of the rom / kernels.

( in sleep / stanby that is )

In Viewsonic too. :mellow:

Guest peter a
In Viewsonic too. :mellow:

I was looking on Geeky Gadgets the other day about the new HTC whatever, which has a tega 2 , so they must be a fully working standby built into that phone.

If the vega had the battery of a phone it wouldn`t last 5 minutes , Isn`t there is source code for the kernel to fully get the kernels standby working ?

Edited by peter a

Guest beegee1962
Ah, kernel version for stock rom in first post.

Corvus.

Thanks a lot. Gambaro ROM V0.3 is in the kitchen for testing. Your kernel really boosts this V1.10 stock based ROM up.

Guest jonnyspuruk

I can only get mine to bench 3295 on smartbench clocked to 1.5 on setcpu which is less than before I installed new kernal. Any Ideas?

Thx

Guest gebby
I had not adjusted CPU speed nor had any apps installed to change it. Installed new kernel and it booted up at 1.5 GHz. :mellow:

I can confirm the above, unless you use an app like CPU master set to restore 1000 mhz on boot, the new kernel will always boot the vega to the max of 1500 mhz on each new boot. I think this might need to be fixed to at leaast boot at 1000 mhz, else these wee beasties may sustain damage over a period of time, its ok to rev up every now and then, but to run flat out, somthing going to fail sooner or later

cheers

Mike

Guest beegee1962
Updated first post, please, read it.

Corvus

If this kernel goes up to 1.5GHz, then the setcpu.txt should be updated as well?

Mine (loaded from CorvusVega5 ROM) has at the moment:

216000, 312000, 456000, 608000, 760000, 816000, 912000, 1000000, 1200000, 1400000

Guest the_corvus

There is no need fo setcpu.txt, the freqs are autodetected by setcpu (if you select autodetect, of course).

Corvus.

Guest extrememonkey

What's this about the blue light? What's been fixed and what was wrong on the first kernal?

I never noticed anything?

Guest the_corvus
What's this about the blue light? What's been fixed and what was wrong on the first kernal?

I never noticed anything?

Some people has a blue light next to the camera under the top bezel, and seems that was very annoying...

Now the cpu can be overclocked to 1.5Ghz and to use a xbox pad is not needed to insmod the module, is detected once connected.

Corvus.

Guest ASD2003ru

On this kernel unlimited battary :mellow: Batt sensor not work. Procents change only after reboot. How fix it?

Guest beegee1962
On this kernel unlimited battary :mellow: Batt sensor not work. Procents change only after reboot. How fix it?

On which ROM did you install the kernel? I have no problems on my ROM which is 90% stock V1.10 UX100 ROM. (UX100 is the Korean variant of the Vega)

Guest the_corvus
stuck in HOST mode since plugging in Xpad, tried a number of times but cant get back into hot mode

Sorry... repeat... dont know if you are in host or slave or what's the problem.

With this info i can't do anything. If you wants battery working ok, search in the forum.

Corvus.

Guest Yogimax
On this kernel unlimited battary :o Batt sensor not work. Procents change only after reboot. How fix it?

With this info i can't do anything. If you wants battery working ok, search in the forum.

Corvus.

I had the same issue - flashed the new version of the kernel last night with battery indicating 76%.

After booting up I ran benchmarks (and beat the Motorola Xoom :mellow: ) and then played some videos / browsed for a couple of hours.

At the end of that time, my battery was still indicating 76%.

I haven't tried the reboot suggested by others yet to see if that fixes the battery indication issue.

Edited by Yogimax

Guest newbe5
+1 on the battery issue. The meter on mine is only changing on reboot.

Tried wiping battery stats in CWM? You might need to let the battery run completely flat once, Corvus posted a solution to this in the Corvus5 thread I believe.

EDIT: It was HERE!

Edited by newbe5

Guest Disguisedcoot

Corvus.

Swwitched to host mode so i could use the xbox360 pAd but now cant switch back to sslave mode using the back button during reeboot

Guest newbe5
Swwitched to host mode so i could use the xbox360 pAd but now cant switch back to sslave mode using the back button during reeboot

During reboot, if you press NOTHING, you are in slave mode, if you hold BACK, you are in HOST mode. So reboot, but press nothing, and you will be in SLAVE.

Guest Disguisedcoot
During reboot, if you press NOTHING, you are in slave mode, if you hold BACK, you are in HOST mode. So reboot, but press nothing, and you will be in SLAVE.

Thank you very much.

Guest Snowdan

Corvus first thanks for the new Kernel seems smooth and love having the xpad built in, also think it was great you fixed the light that was really a non issue.

After running for a day or so I have only had 1 lock up it was of the stock browser strangely when I restarted after I had a system not responding force close wait during the flashing Corvus5 pulsing boot screen and I couldn't do anything had to power off and power up twice before it booted no problem.

Anyway I post as I am seeing an unexpected side effect. I have yet to lock up any version of Angry Birds. I play this a lot and if I'm not careful I will freeze it every time I speed up play and don't wait for the Bird to reload before using it (Known and listed in other threads) I have yet to manage this in a few hours casual play and I have been trying to on purpose now for an hour now. Not conclusive but thought I would post here and see if anyone else sees the improvement.

I'm Running:

Corvus5 with corvuskernel0.2

setcpu with 1.2GHz max set using a profile of batt < 101%

in usb slave mode

latest Angry Birds

Give it try Angry Bird lovers and let us know.

Snowdan.

Guest ASD2003ru
Tried wiping battery stats in CWM? You might need to let the battery run completely flat once, Corvus posted a solution to this in the Corvus5 thread I believe.

EDIT: It was HERE!

Its no work.

The previous kernel did not have this problem.