7 replies to this topic

Matchstick

Matchstick

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Devices:SGS3, Note, Transformer
I've just tried setting up the connection to my home PPTP VPN and it seems to work fine over Wifi but when I try to access it over 3G it fails with the error "Server hung up. Username or password incorrect. Try again?"

I've tried both T-Mobile and Three SIMs which connect fine to the same VPN in other Android phones with the same results.

Can anyone else reproduce this somewhat strange problem ?

skipjack

skipjack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:SGS2 (o2 UK)
  • Twitter:@GlynC

I've just tried setting up the connection to my home PPTP VPN and it seems to work fine over Wifi but when I try to access it over 3G it fails with the error "Server hung up. Username or password incorrect. Try again?"

I've tried both T-Mobile and Three SIMs which connect fine to the same VPN in other Android phones with the same results.

Can anyone else reproduce this somewhat strange problem ?

i have this problem on o2? thought it must the the carrier blocking the port. it works fine on wifi.

i guess its not working on o2, three and t-mobile? must be a device specific issue

SGS2 (o2 UK)
ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco (o2 UK)
Apple iPhone 3G (o2 UK)
T-Mobile MDA Vario II (T-mobile)
Orange SPV

lgkahn

lgkahn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

i have this problem on o2? thought it must the the carrier blocking the port. it works fine on wifi.

i guess its not working on o2, three and t-mobile? must be a device specific issue

it is some bug in the device i havent tried it yet in newest e1 firmware but in older firmwares pptp vpns are not working over at&t here from same location that my sgs i works fine.
same issue hung up..

Matchstick

Matchstick

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Devices:SGS3, Note, Transformer
K

it is some bug in the device i havent tried it yet in newest e1 firmware but in older firmwares pptp vpns are not working over at&t here from same location that my sgs i works fine.
same issue hung up..

I've had a chance to try the KE1 firmware this morning and that doesn't seem to be working either :unsure:

Claudiu S.

Claudiu S.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:SGS2
I have the same problem here in Romania. I bought an SGS2 1 week ago.
PPTP VPN to the office works over wifi. Over mobile connection (3g or gprs) there is an error on server side regading some packet checksums.

Jüri Schultz

Jüri Schultz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I have the same problem here in Romania. I bought an SGS2 1 week ago.
PPTP VPN to the office works over wifi. Over mobile connection (3g or gprs) there is an error on server side regading some packet checksums.

I have exactly the same problem. I suspected that my carrier is blocking the connection. I made another test with Huawei 3G device and it worked perfectly. It seems like SGS2 radio is messing some traffic not carrier

GrimStranger

GrimStranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD
  • Twitter:@lichiwu
Same problem here. I'm in Singapore with SingTel and I can't connect to VPN over 3G. On my Desire HD I have no problems at all so GS2 must be the culprit. Don't know how to get around the problem though.

sirTachyon

sirTachyon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S2
I've got the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S2 (v. 2.3.3). No VPN PPTP when I want connect via the mobile network but it works fine when WIFI is enabled. I tested it on a Galaxy S(1) also and mobile network (KPN the Netherlands) and it worked fine.
Was anyone able to resolve this issue?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users