[ROM] 06-05-11 Ganbaro ROM V0.3b for P10AN01 tablets (Vega, Viewpad 10s, Mobii, ...)

Guest beegee1962

Guest Tucnak
Unfortunately not much to add from my side. I have a new version in testing (since weeks now), but there is not much new stuff on it. Main change is automatic activation of 3G after switching on.

New kernels (with fixing of the battery symbol problem e.g.) are not available as all devs are concentrating on HoneyComb or Gingerbread ROMs.

Thanks for quick reply.

Automatic activation of 3G and GPS is important for me and i'am waiting for this features :-)

And some new problems:

sometime run CPU of my POV at 216 MHz and device wake-up is badly slow ;(

I will be waiting for new version of your ROM

THANKS

Guest beegee1962

There is a small bug in my ROM, which I try since weeks to solve.

In the settings->location&security->Use GPS satellite the option is greyed out.

To get it active you have to

Goto settings->wireless&networks->mobile networks and switch off the 3G. Wait until its complete switched off

Once it is off, switch it on again. After that the "Use GPS satellite" option is no longer greyed out and you can tick it.

Anybody with an idea how to get rid of this problem is welcome to help me.

For the 216MHz problem I have no solution, as it is related to the kernel, and nobody is working on the kernels for Android 2.2 anymore. Everybody is focusing in HoneyComb.

The solution I found for myself is to open the overclocking app (SetCPU, CPU Tuner or CPU Master or whatever you use), change the minimum CPU clock to something different and exit. This fixes the problem on my tablet for some time. But I never got complete rid of this problem.

Edited by beegee1962

Guest phil8715

Might sound a daft question but, what method do you employ to install this rom on the Vega? As there is no mention of how to install the rom. I have the R8 Modaco rom installed at the moment.

Guest beegee1962
Might sound a daft question but, what method do you employ to install this rom on the Vega? As there is no mention of how to install the rom. I have the R8 Modaco rom installed at the moment.

You are the first one to ask, but you are correct. I forgot to add "how to flash" on the first post.

Easiest way I can think about:

a) if you do not have ClockWorkMod recovery yet install it.

- Method 1: [mod] Clockwork recovery 3.0.2.4 [easy install] v2

- Method 2: Get ROM Manager from the market, install CWM recovery with ROM Manager

- Method 3: 24/Jan 2.5.1.8: ClockworkMod for the Advent Vega

:D copy the ROM zip file to your SD card

c) reboot into recovery

- Method 1: with ROM Manager

- Method 2: with the recovery apk from 24/Jan 2.5.1.8: ClockworkMod for the Advent Vega

d) flash the ROM from recovery

Guest Tucnak

I have new leather case with USB keyboard, which does not work with this rom. ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT )

I tried USB mode SLAVE and HOST without succes. When i connect USB keyboard to the POV (HOST mode activated), nothing happend.

dmesg:

usb 1-1: new low speed usb device using tegra-ehci and address 2

what's wrong ?

Thanks

Guest beegee1962

It seems that these tablets have a problem with some USB keyboards. See:

USB keyboard not working, Solved

Keyboard and drivers

Hope this helps.

I have new leather case with USB keyboard, which does not work with this rom. ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT )

I tried USB mode SLAVE and HOST without succes. When i connect USB keyboard to the POV (HOST mode activated), nothing happend.

dmesg:

usb 1-1: new low speed usb device using tegra-ehci and address 2

what's wrong ?

Thanks

Guest phil8715
You are the first one to ask, but you are correct. I forgot to add "how to flash" on the first post.

Easiest way I can think about:

a) if you do not have ClockWorkMod recovery yet install it.

- Method 1: [mod] Clockwork recovery 3.0.2.4 [easy install] v2

- Method 2: Get ROM Manager from the market, install CWM recovery with ROM Manager

- Method 3: 24/Jan 2.5.1.8: ClockworkMod for the Advent Vega

:D copy the ROM zip file to your SD card

c) reboot into recovery

- Method 1: with ROM Manager

- Method 2: with the recovery apk from 24/Jan 2.5.1.8: ClockworkMod for the Advent Vega

d) flash the ROM from recovery

I am sure I attempted to install it before via clockworkmod and it didn't install correctly. I may have a go because it looks like a great looking rom. I have the Advent Vega which is not 3g enabled does this make a difference?

Guest beegee1962
I am sure I attempted to install it before via clockworkmod and it didn't install correctly. I may have a go because it looks like a great looking rom. I have the Advent Vega which is not 3g enabled does this make a difference?

When you flash through CWM and you are coming from another ROM, make sure you wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik-Cache.

The ROM runs without problems on an Advent Vega.

Guest phil8715
When you flash through CWM and you are coming from another ROM, make sure you wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik-Cache.

The ROM runs without problems on an Advent Vega.

I've attempted to install it after doing the wipes. I got this error: assert failed: write_raw_image(" /tmp/recovery.img". "recovery")

E:Error in sd card/Ganbarou_ROM_0.3b.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

Any ideas?

Guest premieral
I've attempted to install it after doing the wipes. I got this error: assert failed: write_raw_image(" /tmp/recovery.img". "recovery")

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

Any ideas?

sounds like a bad flash i get it on cm7 all the time, just re download and do it again Phil

Guest MindsEye

Well BeeGee, I tried a quick stint with VegaComb, but it still had a lot of problems and stability issues for me, that coupled with no flash support was enough for me to hold off and switch back to your Rom..

Just gotta give you props as your rom is the only one that works well on a POV Mobii 10. Great work, and dont stop work on it, even if everyone is going to VegaComb, it will be a while before all the kinks are worked out.

///MindsEye

Guest beegee1962

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

Any ideas?

Please check the md5sum of the downloaded file. It should be 7f003874ec10537297004034919118d7

As premieral says, it might be a bad download. Try to download on PC, I get a lot of problems with downloads done from the tablet.

Guest beegee1962
Well BeeGee, I tried a quick stint with VegaComb, but it still had a lot of problems and stability issues for me, that coupled with no flash support was enough for me to hold off and switch back to your Rom..

Just gotta give you props as your rom is the only one that works well on a POV Mobii 10. Great work, and dont stop work on it, even if everyone is going to VegaComb, it will be a while before all the kinks are worked out.

///MindsEye

Thanks. I will continue on the ROM for a while. Running VegaComb right now, as I do not need flash support and the new Gapps have a real good look and are much easier to use. But I agree that there are still a lot of problems with it.

Hope I can soon release the next version of Ganbarou. But there will be not much differences, mainly automatic on of 3G connection after boot/reset.

Guest phil8715
Thanks. I will continue on the ROM for a while. Running VegaComb right now, as I do not need flash support and the new Gapps have a real good look and are much easier to use. But I agree that there are still a lot of problems with it.

Hope I can soon release the next version of Ganbarou. But there will be not much differences, mainly automatic on of 3G connection after boot/reset.

Do you mean flash it like do with stock rom?

What I do is download the rom to the pc and transfer to sd card, then put the sd card back in the Vega, switch on, wait till it's fully booted, go into recovery mode then back up, then wipe user data, cache and dalvik.

then select sd card zip.

The rom I selected was the clockworkmod version.

I did try to install this rom a couple of months ago with the same result. I thought it could have been a duff download but today I got it from the same place as before.

Edited by phil8715

Guest beegee1962
Do you mean flash it like do with stock rom?

What I do is download the rom to the pc and transfer to sd card, then put the sd card back in the Vega, switch on, wait till it's fully booted, go into recovery mode then back up, then wipe user data, cache and dalvik.

then select sd card zip.

The rom I selected was the clockworkmod version.

I did try to install this rom a couple of months ago with the same result. I thought it could have been a duff download but today I got it from the same place as before.

You are doing it right, I just don't understand why you get the error. Did you check the md5sum I gave in the other post?

I am flashing my own ROMs through CWM 10 times over a weekend while trying to improve some stuff and never had a problem like this.

Can you open the ZIP file you downloaded and send me a screenshot or list of the all files that are inside including their size? Or can you at least open the ZIP file and check if there is a recovery.img in the folder /data/mcr?

Which version of the CWM recovery do you have on the tablet at the moment?

Guest phil8715
You are doing it right, I just don't understand why you get the error. Did you check the md5sum I gave in the other post?

I am flashing my own ROMs through CWM 10 times over a weekend while trying to improve some stuff and never had a problem like this.

Can you open the ZIP file you downloaded and send me a screenshot or list of the all files that are inside including their size? Or can you at least open the ZIP file and check if there is a recovery.img in the folder /data/mcr?

Which version of the CWM recovery do you have on the tablet at the moment?

I am running CWM 3.0.2.7

Just tried again via Rom Manager got the same error, but it booted up with the rom.

Strange!!!!

screenshot.rtf

Edited by phil8715

Guest beegee1962
I am running CWM 3.0.2.7

Just tried again via Rom Manager got the same error, but it booted up with the rom.

Strange!!!!

You mean you got it now installed? Really strange!!!

Let me know if you see any strange behavior of the ROM.

Guest Tucnak

Hello,

next one problem for me with POV with integrated 3G and GPS:

- 3G is very unstable (sometime i have lost 2G/3G modem)

- GPS position is fixed, bud Google Maps and Google Nav "waiting for position" .... ? why ?

- immediately after lost of 3G connectiong get Google Maps position ? why ?

I think, there is any problem with 3G modem (i think its EM770W) and Ganbaro 0.3.

Sorry for bad english :-)

Thanks

Guest phil8715
You mean you got it now installed? Really strange!!!

Let me know if you see any strange behavior of the ROM.

I yeah got installed

Even stranger though, I flashed my Mrs Vega with the same rom via Rom Manager and it went in without a problem.

Guest beegee1962
I yeah got installed

Even stranger though, I flashed my Mrs Vega with the same rom via Rom Manager and it went in without a problem.

And And And ????

Do you like my ROM ;)

Guest phil8715
And And And ????

Do you like my ROM ;)

Yes I do, it's very slick.

One problem I do have and that is: when I try to activate the usb host to read a flash drive, it just stays on the screen rebooting your device. It doesn't reboot.

But apart from that I really love the rom.

Guest beegee1962
Yes I do, it's very slick.

One problem I do have and that is: when I try to activate the usb host to read a flash drive, it just stays on the screen rebooting your device. It doesn't reboot.

But apart from that I really love the rom.

How do you try to go into host mode?

You do reboot, wait until the screen goes black, then press the back button until the ROM has completly booted and the launcher is visible again?

Guest phil8715
How do you try to go into host mode?

You do reboot, wait until the screen goes black, then press the back button until the ROM has completly booted and the launcher is visible again?

I go into the USB Mode, select USB Host, which take me into USB Switching mode, your device will reboot shortly, please wait!

And the circle just spins round and stays on that screen.

The screen doesn't reboot.

Guest beegee1962
I go into the USB Mode, select USB Host, which take me into USB Switching mode, your device will reboot shortly, please wait!

And the circle just spins round and stays on that screen.

The screen doesn't reboot.

That sounds like the USB mode switcher application from the original MoDaCo ROM. That will not work on my ROM. You better uninstall that application.

The only way to get into USB host mode is:

Switch off your tablet and switch it on again

or

Reboot

Press back button from the moment the tablet reboots (or show backlight in case you switched it on) and keep the back button pressed until the tablet has complete booted (i.e. lock screen is shown or launcher is shown).