[GUIDE] to Debrand & Rebrand back to O2 for Samsung Galaxy S2

Guest jutley

Guest jutley

STEP 1- Download Odin V1.83 here http://hotfile.com/dl/116095613/1d3d429/Odin3_v1.83.exe.html This will be used for flashing files later.

STEP 2- Download Kies here http://www.samsungapps.com/about/onPc.as?L...NGUAGE_CODE=ENG This will install the usb drivers needed for the flashing so install after downloaded.

STEP 3- Download Latest samsung UK Simfree firmware here http://hotfile.com/dl/116887059/f45e1a7/91...XEUKD1.zip.html There is no Password Just put extract the .tar file in the zip archive and put it as the PDA in odin and reboot your phone to download mode

STEP 4- Connect the USB cable and Turn your device on with volume down, action and power pressed - press 'up' at the warning prompt Run the Odin EXE you just extracted from the ZIP.

STEP 5- Only 1 file must be loaded in the PDA box the file as follows For PDA load, I9100XWKDD_I9100XXKDH_I9100XEUKD1_HOME.TAR

NOTE(PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THE PIC BELOW AND AND MAKE SURE THAT YOU REPLICATE THE SAME SETTINGS AS IN THE PIC AND YOUR GOOD TO GO)

STEP 6- You should have a yellow box on the left side in Odin if you have followed this guide this means you are ready to flash. Please make sure your battery is full wait for any drivers to load and the yellow box on the left should be there if it isnt you have not installed Kies STEP 2 if you have the yellow box on left proceed by pressing start on Odin and relax.

STEP 7- Odin will display a progress meter on Odin and on the phone be patient while it flashes all the required files once done it will reboot the phone and goodbye o2 logo on boot and shutdown. When the phone finally boots back complete setup. And there you have it a fully debranded samsung galaxy s2 hope it was easy to follow enjoy.

STEP 8- One last final step is to change your CSC code by typing this code in the phone dialer *#272*<your IMEI># (the code will be listed at the top of the screen. If you're coming from O2 PAYG handset it should say O2U. Now Enter recovery (volume up, home, power keys together) and do a factory reset and choose reboot phone Check your CSC code again Hopefully it will now say XEU

Rebrand your firmware back to O2 original firmware for warranty purpose or you just want to go back to o2 original rom download it here http://www.multiupload.com/VHX20NJEAP There is no password extract the zip file to the desktop you should end up with I9100XWKDD_I9100XXKDH_I9100O2UKD1_HOME.TAR The procedure is the same as above just start from STEP 4 above skip STEP 8 use the same settings as shown in the pic below enjoy.

FIRMWARE INFO

Model: I9100

latest official UK firmware

PDA:XWKDD

PHONE: XXKDH

CSC:XEUKD1 (XEU csc)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

post-103207-1304763913_thumb.jpg

Edited by jutley

Guest Mikeandme

Sorry to be the one who asks the dumb question but presumably one has to connect the phone to the PC to do this...

If so exactly when is the connection made before during or after step 4?

Thanks in advance.

Guest jutley
Sorry to be the one who asks the dumb question but presumably one has to connect the phone to the PC to do this...

If so exactly when is the connection made before during or after step 4?

Thanks in advance.

You can do it start of step 4 or on step 5 better on step 4

Guest kersey

Anyone have any info on how this rom differs from the WKDD build, other than romoving my O2 branding.

Any pros or cons??

Guest jutley

Hi guys new firmware is up guide changed repeat the same process in the guide to apply this firmware below this is the proper uk simfree firmware details below.

FIRMWARE INFO

CSC:XEUKD1 (XEU csc)

Guest jutley
any other benefits, I'm pretty happy so far and does upgrade do complete wipe of phone

Nope does not do complete wipe unless you follow step8 the last step to get the CSC code

Guest jutley
sorry another dumb question is this for unlocked phones or does the process unlock the phone?

It does not unlock the phone it debrands it takes the o2 startup logo to original samsung one.

Guest jutley

Guide updated updated the pic as to how the setting should be and what file to load and cleared up a few instructions to make it abit simple hope it helps.

Guest sheridan2000

Noob question coming....sorry.... where do i find

"FIRMWARE INFO

CSC:XEUKD1 (XEU csc)"

when i check about my phone it says baseband version, kernel version and build number.

Thanks

Guest jutley
Noob question coming....sorry.... where do i find

"FIRMWARE INFO

CSC:XEUKD1 (XEU csc)"

when i check about my phone it says baseband version, kernel version and build number.

Thanks

type on your phone dialer *#1234#

Guest sheridan2000
type on your phone dialer *#1234#

Thanks, seems mine is exactly the same but with the csc being o2 butchered....dated 26th April 2011

Guest ASIL3NTK1LLER

Hi, I have just followed this guide to the letter but unfortunately after fully completing step 8 it still has the O2U code (contract phone, if it matters) instead of XEU. Would re flashing fix it?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

EDIT Just re flashed and that sorted it. Thanks very much for the guide. :mellow:

EDIT 2 The phone is reporting XEU but in Kies it's showing "CSC:KD1 (O2U)" (see pic) will this prevent me from installing future updates?

Cheers in advance,

Chris.

desktopzo.th.png

Edited by ASIL3NTK1LLER

Guest Northern-Loop
Hi, I have just followed this guide to the letter but unfortunately after fully completing step 8 it still has the O2U code (contract phone, if it matters) instead of XEU. Would re flashing fix it?

EDIT Just re flashed and that sorted it. Thanks very much for the guide. :mellow:

EDIT 2 The phone is reporting XEU but in Kies it's showing "CSC:KD1 (O2U)" (see pic) will this prevent me from installing future updates?

Cheers in advance,

Chris.

desktopzo.th.png

Yeah I doubt you will get the updates with the O2U.

Hard reset it via VOL + HOME And power

Then flash again and Kies should register XEU

Guest Northern-Loop

Cheers in advance,

Chris.

[ul=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/desktopzo.png/][ig]http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4051/desktopzo.th.png

Edited by Northern-Loop

Guest ASIL3NTK1LLER

Thanks for replying Northern-Loop, I was in the process of doing as you said when I remembered a problem I had with my Zte Blade so after I did the hard reset I also wiped the cache. After I had done this it is now showing correctly in Kies.

Many Thanks,

Chris.

Edited by ASIL3NTK1LLER

Guest Ratkat
Thanks for replying Northern-Loop, I was in the process of doing as you said when I remembered a problem I had with my Zte Blade so after I did the hard reset I also wiped the cache. After I had done this it is now showing correctly in Kies.

Many Thanks,

Chris.

Thanks Chris, I had the same problem as you, and clearing the cache cured it for me too :-)

Does your Camera make a clicking sound when you start it? Mine seems too, don't remember it happening on the O2 firmware?

Guest ASIL3NTK1LLER
Thanks Chris, I had the same problem as you, and clearing the cache cured it for me too :-)

Does your Camera make a clicking sound when you start it? Mine seems too, don't remember it happening on the O2 firmware?

No problem, glad I could help. I just tried my camera and there isn't any clicking just the audible touch tone when I select it.

Regards,

Chris.

Guest Ratkat
No problem, glad I could help. I just tried my camera and there isn't any clicking just the audible touch tone when I select it.

Regards,

Chris.

Hmmm, when I start the camera on mine, you can hear the camera shutter make a slight noise, and see the aperture move

Guest ASIL3NTK1LLER

Hmmm, might be worth flashing the O2 firmware back and seeing if you can get a replacement. I'm sure I have seen someone with a similar problem somewhere and he got a new one. I can't remember for sure which forum it was on though, it was either HUKD's, Overclockers, XDA or AVF.

Edited by ASIL3NTK1LLER