6 May v20c: Gingerbread ROM leak for the T-Mobile G2X

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest defconjuan
Seems to me super smooth

I wonder what will happen after installing a few apps on it, will it act like LG's Stock ?

Cheers

Smooth here also. Contrary to the video though, I still get slightly sluggish response times when my device resumes from sleep. Yes, I did full wipes first.

Guest Rombohedron

I'm having trouble installing the zip file. Hoping someone can help me here.

I'm using ROM Manager v4.2.02 and I'm choosing the Install ROM from SD Card menu option and then I choose the v20c-modaco... zip file from my SD card. But the installation aborts almost immediately.

Any suggestions?

Guest Rombohedron

Thank - manual update worked.

FYI - Tmobile TV doesn't quite work on this pre-release version. It fails on the authorize step.

Guest cris23

hi paul got a little problem i have a lg g2x and some how i install the optimus rom in it via nvflash, now i cant restore to g2x stock any suggestions?

Guest EmceeGeek
hi paul got a little problem i have a lg g2x and some how i install the optimus rom in it via nvflash, now i cant restore to g2x stock any suggestions?

i did a backup, but don't see the stock rom in rom manager. could this be a problem?

Guest Rusty!

Not if you can find it by booting to recovery and looking under backup there. ROM Manager looks on the internal SD card for the backups, and they're on the external.

Guest gaww1
Do we flash this with rom manager, like with other ROMs?

I recommend flashing with recovery. Many have had issues using ROM Manager itself.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aaww
Anyone else experiencing lag on the gingerbread keyboard especially in messaging?

yep had the same problem.

Now i am back to stock seems like we have something to look forward to.

Guest Guy Quedens

Admittedly I don't know what I'm doing and have no business rooting/flashing my phone. But whatever. I did it anyway. And now my phone is a brick. It seems to be stuck in some sort of reboot loop.

Can anyone offer me any assistance? Thanks so much!

Guest mintvilla
Admittedly I don't know what I'm doing and have no business rooting/flashing my phone. But whatever. I did it anyway. And now my phone is a brick. It seems to be stuck in some sort of reboot loop.

Can anyone offer me any assistance? Thanks so much!

Nflash it back to stock.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest randy954

im a bit of a noob. My last phone that i was messing with was the htc diamond running windows. So this is completely new to me. I rooted my phone already and now i downloaded this file. So how do i go about flashing the phone?

Guest mparack
im a bit of a noob. My last phone that i was messing with was the htc diamond running windows. So this is completely new to me. I rooted my phone already and now i downloaded this file. So how do i go about flashing the phone?

You need to install CWM

Follow the steps in the link below, just replace the zip file with the one of your choice with the G2X GB ROM.

http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optim...now-with-oc-uv/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest kosh2thamax

updated baseband ???? on the g2x ....any basebands outhere at all i check xda....only optimus 2x....or fls files i can use....or .ril........I am basebandless...AFTER 2.3 update....

Edited by kosh2thamax