- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

Soul_Master

Soul_Master

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Your ROM does not support to install HTC Phone Canvas 2 from Daskalos ROM. I want to use complete HTC experience ROM. I hope will add some missing HTC component to this ROM.

Thanks,

Edited by Soul_Master, 10 May 2011 - 08:09 AM.

Hoang Thanh Duy

Hoang Thanh Duy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Samsung B7610
  • Twitter:@htduy11
i can't turnoff owner information if mobile wakeup. samsung setting or windows setting not change this

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Defy+

Your ROM does not support to install HTC Phone Canvas 2 from Daskalos ROM. I want to use complete HTC experience ROM. I hope will add some missing HTC component to this ROM.

Thanks,

This Sense is 2.5.2021. I don'T know which version Daskalos using. I remember someone who installed HTC Phone to my ROM and it's worked perfectly. The main conecpt is in my ROMs that I love the Samsung SMS and Phone, and I did not remove those. Also the SMS won't work when I tried to use HTC Messaging.

And what are those missing components?

Edited by Rapid81, 10 May 2011 - 12:36 PM.

Parlas

Parlas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Omnia Pro B7610
Thank you for trying to give us hope Rapid81,

I flashed your ROM and here is some bugs that i found:

1)
Sense is not working on landscape at all.

2)
Wifi enabling/disabling cannot be controlled through Sense's settings
3)
I Changed the wallpaper and after a soft reset (from the hardware button) i can't boot the phone (it hangs after the windows logo.. forever)
if i press the shutdown button it shows the (awesome :unsure: ) shutdown logo and it shuts down
When i start the phone again it hangs again after the windows logo. :)

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Thank you for trying to give us hope Rapid81,

I flashed your ROM and here is some bugs that i found:

1)
Sense is not working on landscape at all.

2)
Wifi enabling/disabling cannot be controlled through Sense's settings
3)
I Changed the wallpaper and after a soft reset (from the hardware button) i can't boot the phone (it hangs after the windows logo.. forever)
if i press the shutdown button it shows the (awesome :unsure: ) shutdown logo and it shuts down
When i start the phone again it hangs again after the windows logo. :)

1, Because Sense crashes in landscape.
2, Because you need to change the device's name in the registry. It's set to O2's WiFi devcie name.
3, You changed something what's not necessary (language for example)

mythos.gr

mythos.gr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:omnia pro louvre GT-B7610
  • Twitter:@none
tnx rapid for this rom. i have an issue,the start button(shortcut) has error opening the target filename and the lockscreen dont turn up on the wake up but only when i push the button for several moments,i had flash it with jc2 rom in the beginning and after that four times your rom and i had the same issues. This rom is very nice job of yours and will be excellent if you can advise me how to fix this issues,my regards from Greece!

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
I uploaded a 6.5.3 (based on build 29020) version.

The changes are:
  • Theme changed to Jeffrey2000 WM7 Hybrid WVGA
  • HTC Taskmanager changed to XTask (known bug is the icon shows up in the first level of Samsung Settings)
  • Backlight patch removed (possible cause of sleep of death)
  • Boot/Shutdown animation changed to my O2 ROM's animations.
It may not even starts. I'll put it in the first post when I'll have a comfirmation it works.

cappuccina

cappuccina

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Devices:Samsung B7610 Omnia Pro
OK, I flashed your 6.5.3 Rom and it STARTS and runs fine.
So far I don't see any major bugs or issues. Only those little ones mentioned above. That can be fixed easily as you said.
I like that you used xtask instead,thats also my favorit.

Really big thanks again for a very nice ROM. We appreciate your effort to cook a Rom without having the devise yourself. :unsure: Grat work

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
Changes added to first post.

wolfspirit

wolfspirit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Great and fast ROM. All working fine except Wifi. Wifi monster show error: NullReferenceException
Maybe driver is missing?

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Great and fast ROM. All working fine except Wifi. Wifi monster show error: NullReferenceException
Maybe driver is missing?

Try with the WiFi shortcut.
The Device name is different, I think. That's why the Topaz Comm Manager not handle the WiFi.

This is the O2's device name. You need to change it to the B7610's device name.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\CommManager\WLAN]
"DeviceName"="{98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006}\\SWLDM201"

I'll change it in the next one, if someone tells me the working one.

Edited by Rapid81, 14 May 2011 - 07:39 AM.

Princeagarwal

Princeagarwal

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
okay flashed this rom now
the best sense rom ever !!!!!!
fast, responsive, stable
the end button has never been so responsive, instant jump to the homescreen
all in all the best rom let it b speed or memory (yeah it isnt memory hungry,though its sense)
i will report more later today and will try adding some screen shots

update :
1. i have observed that the "input method" tab in the samsung settings is not working, and its not even present in the default settings, bcos of this touchpal cant be registered.

2. really a fast rom indeed, the camera capture is also faster than any rom .

many thanx rapid
iwe owe u big tym !!

Edited by Princeagarwal, 15 May 2011 - 09:25 AM.

cappuccina

cappuccina

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Hi,
I also do like the Rom very much. Thanks.
But I also realized that Wifi is not working. Also from Samsungs Settings.
I looked at that Reg Key and it says what you wrote, and I'm not sure what to enter there.
So maybe we can work on that :unsure:

wolfspirit

wolfspirit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
After three days of using the ROM:
1. My WLAN key was [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\CommManager\WLAN]
"DeviceName"="{98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006}\SWLDM201". I can enable WLAN and it's working fine if I out of range of any WLAN and enter in range from start menu shortcut, CommManager and Samsung settings, but sometimes if any WLAN is in range I can't enable it in any way. I noticed this before in other cooked ROM's.
2. Input method tab in the Samsung settings is not working. When I type on phisycal keyboard secondary characters on the last row of keyboard are wrong:
Alt , give ]
alt . give [
alt ? give \
alt ~ give `
3. Maybe try to use very good virtual keyboard from daskalos ROM,s instead Samsung Keyboard because they have different special and diacritical characters useful to other than English languages. Virtual keyboard also appears too low on the screen and few rows of start menu hide behind keyboard, also if I install Swype. Only windows keyboard shows correctly.
4. Alarm icon in start menu is blank.
5. Maybe integrate with ROM PimBackup and PHM RegEdit
6. Samsung WidgetPlus was removed but still appears in Items on Today menu
7. Samsung Today is too low on the screen in portrait mode and I see wallpaper between task bar and Samsung Today.
8. Sense is blank and useless in landscape mode when I try to type anything on the keyboard.
9. When sense is on phone hangs up and don’t respond. Sense consumes so many resources than I can’t run others applications and must to soft reset. Now I use Samsung Today.
10. Unwanted scrollbar appear on Samsung dialpad and when I dial any number. Samsung Phonebook, Call Log and Messaging working fine without scrollbar.

Princeagarwal

Princeagarwal

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
here's what i promised -------
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

THIS ROM IS AWESOME

ALL B7610 USERS SHALL GIVE IT A TRY

Mariuszmax

Mariuszmax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:Samsung B7610
Rapid
Thanks a lot for your nice Rom, i've dowloaded "sense.V2" working smooth, and fast
i've enabled Wifi from Samsung settings menu, how to assign to your to HTC settings wifi ?

Edited by Mariuszmax, 15 May 2011 - 07:39 PM.

cappuccina

cappuccina

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
ok, my fault. Wifi is somehow working now. I can enable it via samsung settings and shortcut. But not in Sense Communications. :unsure:

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Rapid
Thanks a lot for your nice Rom, i've dowloaded "sense.V2" working smooth, and fast
i've enabled Wifi from Samsung settings menu, how to assign to your to HTC settings wifi ?

You need to figure out the WiFi's device name and change it in the registry, if the device name is different from O2.

After three days of using the ROM:
1. My WLAN key was [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\CommManager\WLAN]
"DeviceName"="{98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006}\SWLDM201". I can enable WLAN and it's working fine if I out of range of any WLAN and enter in range from start menu shortcut, CommManager and Samsung settings, but sometimes if any WLAN is in range I can't enable it in any way. I noticed this before in other cooked ROM's.
2. Input method tab in the Samsung settings is not working. When I type on phisycal keyboard secondary characters on the last row of keyboard are wrong:
Alt , give ]
alt . give [
alt ? give \
alt ~ give `
3. Maybe try to use very good virtual keyboard from daskalos ROM,s instead Samsung Keyboard because they have different special and diacritical characters useful to other than English languages. Virtual keyboard also appears too low on the screen and few rows of start menu hide behind keyboard, also if I install Swype. Only windows keyboard shows correctly.
4. Alarm icon in start menu is blank.
5. Maybe integrate with ROM PimBackup and PHM RegEdit
6. Samsung WidgetPlus was removed but still appears in Items on Today menu
7. Samsung Today is too low on the screen in portrait mode and I see wallpaper between task bar and Samsung Today.
8. Sense is blank and useless in landscape mode when I try to type anything on the keyboard.
9. When sense is on phone hangs up and don’t respond. Sense consumes so many resources than I can’t run others applications and must to soft reset. Now I use Samsung Today.
10. Unwanted scrollbar appear on Samsung dialpad and when I dial any number. Samsung Phonebook, Call Log and Messaging working fine without scrollbar.

2-3. I didn't change the input method. I'll try the keyboard from Daskalos' ROM if someone extract it and send me a link.
4. There's not supposed to have Alarm icon in the Start Menu. :unsure: I'll look into it.
5. Will be.
6. Yep... Never found the registry entry.
7. Because this is not a native 6.5.3 ROM. The applications are all 6.5.
8. Because the Sense is not working in landscape mode, that's why I disabled it...
9. ???
10. Back to 7th.

Edited by Rapid81, 16 May 2011 - 06:00 AM.

Princeagarwal

Princeagarwal

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
@rapid
can you please solve the "input method" problem ??
also the rom has really good memory footprint when lockscreen is disabled, but not that good with lockscreen enabled, is there a tweak for it ??

also i really like the cursor wait icon, but its not visible over black screens cos the skin is black, if you can change its colour a bit it would be great ..

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

@rapid
can you please solve the "input method" problem ??
also the rom has really good memory footprint when lockscreen is disabled, but not that good with lockscreen enabled, is there a tweak for it ??

also i really like the cursor wait icon, but its not visible over black screens cos the skin is black, if you can change its colour a bit it would be great ..

The MS lockscreen uses about 10MB of RAM. Noone could do anything about this, except MS. :unsure:

What's the problem with the input method exactly? BTW, I did not do anything with the keyboard.
I cannot change the waitcursor, but you can change the taskbar. The waitcursor is came with the taskbar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users