fdespotovski

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Devices:HTC EVO 3D

Hi!

Thank You for your answer.
But I did this before posting my doudbt. I have Clockwork Version 3.0.2.4 and it cant install. The message when I choose the zip is this:
"Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.
Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.
It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery.
Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.
Installation aborted."

Thank You anyway :P

Use clockwork 2.5.1.8

Phone: HTC EVO 3D
ROM: LeeDroid 5.3.0 with LeeDroid kernel 5.3.5, Android 2.3.4
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.0
CPU Configuration: Ondemand governor clocked @1200 MHz dual core

Stephen J. Knill

Stephen J. Knill

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540f Android 2.3.5

Hi!

Thank You for your answer.
But I did this before posting my doudbt. I have Clockwork Version 3.0.2.4 and it cant install. The message when I choose the zip is this:
"Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.
Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.
It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery.
Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.
Installation aborted."

Thank You anyway :P

Dearie me... I should have given that a bit more testing, I have corrected the problem and re-uploaded the file.

Please try downloading again from the link in my post above, I have made a minor change in file name so link in quotes is now invalid.

Many apologizes for the inconvenience, and thank you for brining it to my attention in such a speedy manner :rolleyes:

Edited by Stephen J. Knill, 18 May 2011 - 04:18 PM.

Programs are like Cathedrals, first we build them... then we pray!

Stephen J. Knill

Stephen J. Knill

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Use clockwork 2.5.1.8

That would work yes, but I'd prefer not to force people to downgrade... so the scripting has been updated. (And yes, I checked it properly this time :P )

fdespotovski

fdespotovski

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

That would work yes, but I'd prefer not to force people to downgrade... so the scripting has been updated. (And yes, I checked it properly this time :P )

Ok.

zigma80

zigma80

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:GT540

"My" SwiftDroid Re-Deployment Update ZIP can be found here.

"My" SwiftDroid Clockworkmod Backup/Restore ZIP can be found here.

"My" LG IME Keyboard for SwiftDroiod M4.X Re-Deployment can be found here. <-- Fixed for newer Android... oopsies, my bad lol

Hi ..

I have installed this Swift Droid Mod yesterday and it works perfect. Haven't found any bugs except that I wonder if there is any chance to increase sound volume in speaker phone during call, just need a little bit higher (louder).

Thanks

hugocarmo

hugocarmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Worked like a charm!!

Thank You!!

Hugo.

56k_Rockstar

56k_Rockstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540
Good job Steven on the LG IME port. Works great and the installation via ClockworkMod Recovery works great!

Thx.

mixlis

mixlis

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
swiftdroid M4 autokills background apps especially browser

fdespotovski

fdespotovski

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

swiftdroid M4 autokills background apps especially browser

Yeah,that's because there's only a little ram avaliable.I don't know why,but it looks like the system is consuming more ram than the other roms for the lg gt540.

Ernoke

Ernoke

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
i am quite sure this is another rom issue: after i couldnt update angry birds rio, i uninstalled the app and now cant even install it anymore...
using market as source. after downloading... it disappears like nothing happened. no error message is displayed either.
:P((

fdespotovski

fdespotovski

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

i am quite sure this is another rom issue: after i couldnt update angry birds rio, i uninstalled the app and now cant even install it anymore...
using market as source. after downloading... it disappears like nothing happened. no error message is displayed either.
:P((

I also have this bug,but not with Angry Birds.It may happen with every other app.

Stephen J. Knill

Stephen J. Knill

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

I also have this bug,but not with Angry Birds.It may happen with every other app.

This is often caused by a file within the "/sdcard/.android_secure" folder and can happen with any application, remove the folder and try again (that's one of the issues I addressed in my modifications). -- Or better yet, do a reset.

You should always do a Factory Reset when updating the Android version, simply to help prevent errors such as this. (My modifications force this, it's not optional since the system will not be fully stable until it's done)

Edited by Stephen J. Knill, 21 May 2011 - 05:17 PM.

Ernoke

Ernoke

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

This is often caused by a file within the "/sdcard/.android_secure" folder and can happen with any application, remove the folder and try again (that's one of the issues I addressed in my modifications). -- Or better yet, do a reset.

You should always do a Factory Reset when updating the Android version, simply to help prevent errors such as this. (My modifications force this, it's not optional since the system will not be fully stable until it's done)

Damn, then there is no sense to install to SD card the native way.
Thanks fo the answer.

Ernoke

Ernoke

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Damn, then there is no sense to install to SD card the native way.
Thanks fo the answer.

I just wiped .android_secure and I still cant install Angry Birds, same issue as described above.

Stephen J. Knill

Stephen J. Knill

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

I just wiped .android_secure and I still cant install Angry Birds, same issue as described above.

Which mod are you using, I presume the original posted at the beginning on this topic? - And did you do a factory/data reset to have a clean install?

Can you try and install an application via adb, and quote the error response on here to help narrow down the cause of this error. -- Using "adb install c:\path\to\application.apk"

--------------------------
As for linking applications to SD the native way... well honestly, it totally sucks!! I've installed a few (like 8 > 10mb) games on my V9 (16GB Class 6 Card) using the native method and I rapidly ran out of space still, seems it only uses SDcard for fragments of the application not the whole thing so space will still run short pretty fast using this method. Not to mention, it's done in such a nasty nasty way really... it creates a "mount" for each application that is on the FAT of the SDcard instead of just the one mount used by other methods.
-- I still use Link2SD with a EXT4 partition on my SDcard (another good option is using a data2ext which uses the ext partition on SDcard as the /data mount, both options are embedded into my modifications. Yer, I need to make a post soon describing what I've changed with my re-deployment).

Please note: If you intend to try my re-deployment you MUST backup all contacts/data you wish to keep onto the FAT partition of your SDcard, as my scripts will wipe everything in the system sections to preform a clean installation. (This does not apply to the LG IME Keyboard, or the BootSound updates)

Ernoke

Ernoke

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Which mod are you using, I presume the original posted at the beginning on this topic? - And did you do a factory/data reset to have a clean install?

Can you try and install an application via adb, and quote the error response on here to help narrow down the cause of this error. -- Using "adb install c:\path\to\application.apk"

Well, i have this latest M4 stuff linked in the starter post, i didnt install any of your redeployment stuffs.
As of installing, I always use the clockworkmod recovery update zip files, as they provide the easiest way for upgrading, I never did any factory resets or such, as reinstalling all the apps and do their settings again is pain in the ass.
I have already tried titanium and mybackup root, but they are not reliable enough, many apps need their settings retweaked by hand again. I dont prefer it.

Ernoke

Ernoke

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Well, i have this latest M4 stuff linked in the starter post, i didnt install any of your redeployment stuffs.
As of installing, I always use the clockworkmod recovery update zip files, as they provide the easiest way for upgrading, I never did any factory resets or such, as reinstalling all the apps and do their settings again is pain in the ass.
I have already tried titanium and mybackup root, but they are not reliable enough, many apps need their settings retweaked by hand again. I dont prefer it.

Ahm, and the more important part of the answer... well, i dont have angry birds apk (are there any ways to fetch apk files from market?) and i dont know any other apps currenlty which i cannot install from market. And also, i dont think its the problem with installing, as it fails right after it would start downloading not at the point when it would try to install the file...

Ernoke

Ernoke

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
And btw, I cant believe the email application is still missing, this is basicly the most important part of smartphones dont you guys miss it?

Stephen J. Knill

Stephen J. Knill

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Should always do a reset when changing to different versions, as the old cache/data files from previous versions can often be left and can cause re-occurring problems... this is part of the reason I have modified the update code to force a clean wipe before it installs.

Ahm, and the more important part of the answer... well, i dont have angry birds apk (are there any ways to fetch apk files from market?) and i dont know any other apps currenlty which i cannot install from market. And also, i dont think its the problem with installing, as it fails right after it would start downloading not at the point when it would try to install the file...

Erm... not too sure on that, something I'll have to look into. In the meantime you are welcome to download it from my home server --LINK SENT VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE-- (only got a 90k upload speed tho)
Added: Most likely reason it stops as soon as it starts, is that it's already been downloaded onto your device and is still in the /cache partition (it will use that copy instead of re-downloading it)... As far as I know, there is no major issue with downloading.

And btw, I cant believe the email application is still missing, this is basicly the most important part of smartphones dont you guys miss it?

Yes I noticed this, makes it hard to check my home voice mail (which is delivered by email) without it... I'll be adding it into Revision 2 of my re-deployment. (And yes, I'll be making a separate update file for those of you who don't want to update anything else as I did with the LG IME Keyboard and Bootsound)

EDIT: Ok, I won't keep you waiting for this one... Email Application is now available for Swiftdroid 2.0 M4.x (ClockworkMod update.zip, will work on all Android 2.3.4 ROMS)

Edited by Stephen J. Knill, 22 May 2011 - 05:22 PM.

Ernoke

Ernoke

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

EDIT: Ok, I won't keep you waiting for this one... Email Application is now available for Swiftdroid 2.0 M4.x (ClockworkMod update.zip, will work on all Android 2.3.4 ROMS)

thanks for your quick help, but it seems the update is broken, winrar displays "unexpected end of archive" at opening, recovery 3.1.0.9 says "bad".
file size is 977.740 bytes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users