Disable email sync with native exchange client

Guest rmjo

Guest rmjo

Hey,

I want to use the native mail client to sync my contacts and calendar, but to use Touchdown for email. With my Desire, I was able to deselect "Sync email" in the account sync options. but that option isn't available on to me now.

I like using Touchdown for the folder sync. Although I see the stock client can do this, for me, it still doesn't work as well as Touchdown. If anyone has other ideas which work well, please suggest them.

Otherwise, if you know how I can turn off the email sync, please advise!

Thanks.

Guest grayhaze

I'm looking for the exact same thing!

I'm using K-9 to read my Exchange e-mail, as it offers vital options that the default client doesn't, such as 'Mark all as read' for a folder.

I want to keep my calendar and contacts syncing using the default client, as K-9 doesn't offer this to my knowledge, but I want to disable e-mail syncing in the default client so that I don't have two clients downloading the same e-mails and notifying me twice each time I get a new mail.

Has anyone worked out a way to do this? Is it possible to enable a checkbox on the sync settings for e-mail, as it offers all other options?

Guest rmjo

Ok, it appears I as I was previously on the HTC Desire, it was the HTC email app which I had been previously using that allows turn of of e-mail sync. By turning off notifications, at least I don't get notified of email twice, but there must be something else I can do.

Is there another app which can sync contacts and calendar through exchange to the default contact storage on Android?