VC3.2.png 710.68KB 894 downloads
See the original thread I posted over at TabletRoms here! the download is there.
Remember this is BETA We have posted this so that Vega owners can have bragging rights, yes, our tablet ROCKS. Fully GPU accelerated Android 3.2
Please report bugs in a neat manner ON THIS THREAD so that they can be easily tracked by the team.
VegaComb 3.2 Build 9b und 9n Update3 Features:
- Update1+2 included
- The clock and date issue should now been fixed for all
- GPU RAM reduced to 96MB , more RAM for Apps
- support for high Wifi channels like 12 + 13
- new Honeycomb market
- support for the soon coming GPS App included
VegaComb 3.2 Build 9b und 9n Update2 Features:
- Fix for Bluetooth MAC addressing to hopefully make BT work correctly now.
- Above fix should now also make WiFi considerably more stable.
- Fix for people who were experiencing issues with the Market not being able to install apps.
VegaComb 3.2 Build 9b und 9n Update1 Features:
- Working Deep Standby
- Updated camera lib
- Re-added App Drivemount
VegaComb 3.2 Build 9n Features
Please be aware that although there was a "version 9" release on some German forums, this update was never integrated into the full build process, and was a side-project by rebel1 to acheive 2 goals. 1) To greatly increase the /system partition size (from 150mb to 200mb) and use that size to add larger apps that have increased language support for non-english speaking users. This build is unrelated to the previous "build 9" and as such has been labelled 9n (new, or newbe5, meaning that it has gone through the usual build and testing processes by myself), an alternate installer based on THIS build will also be provided by rebel1, including the expanded /system partition and enhanced language capability, this alternate build will be labelled 9b (bigger system, alternate build) and will be an nvflash installer rather than a CWM image. If you want a TRADITIONAL VegaComb experience, use 9n.
- System image has been shrunk considerably, this should help people who have a lot of random lockups / install issues due to bad NAND blocks. Build 8.1 was using 149.5mb of the allocated 150mb provided by ModdedStockv2, Build 9n is only using 139.8mb allowing much more room to avoid bad blocks if you haev them.
- Google Books has been removed entirely. It looks nice, but it's pointless as you can't even access the Store outside of the US. Install this manually if you want it for some reason.
- Google Maps and Street View have been moved in to /data to save space and because they can both be installed/updated from the market, so there is no need for them to be in /system.
- Coarse location discovery (based on WiFi connection) is now working correctly.
- Updated camera libraries to the latest version thanks to the development effort by many (including Eduardo and Redscorpion) over at MoDaCo. Google Talk video chat should now be working, as well as the stock Camera app. Other apps have been tested but there is a possibility that not all of them work (please test and let us know!), but we felt that it was more important for Gtalk to work as the camera isn't much use for actually taking pictures
- Added Eduardo's accelerometer patch. This should allow much more responsive accelerometer with no lag.
- Power management for bluetooth/wireless has been fixed. Hopefully this should stop them interfering with eachother when one is disabled.
- Screen calibration functionality built in to the kernel to calibrate on the fly.
- USB on-the-fly host/slave switcher integrated in to the kernel, this should allow switching between USB host/slave on the tablets side USB port without the need to reboot!
- Disabled device suspend when the tablet is connected to an active USB connection, preventing the USB connection from being severed.
- Added a brand new app called: Shuttle Tools (created by Eduardo) which includes the toggles for the above two options. Allowing you to calibrate the screen or switch USB modes from within Android.
- WORKING CAMERA
- Working Bluetooth (better support that patch for beta7. Remember to reboot your tablet with wifi on so new mac address for BT can be created)
- App Launcher with 4 rows
- Power button sleeps instead of launching shutdown menu
VegaComb 3.2 Build 7 Features:
- Issue with the Browser not correctly setting and saving the UA string has now been resolved. Sites like BBC iPlayer should now stop redirecting you to the wrong version of the site.
- Issue where the market was charging people in dollars has been fixed.
- Certain apps not showing in the Market (Like MyPlayer and ITV Player) has now been resolved.
- Microphone is now fixed! Voice search, voice chat etc will now work correctly.
- OpenVPN support has been added (thanks for the nudge Scanno! )
- Issue where the RTC (clock) would not correctly keep time updated when the tablet was either off or sleeping should now be resolved.
- Issue with Alarms not working correctly should now be resolved.
- Potential fix to the Accelerometer Lag issue, as part of this, the Lock Rotation switch on the top of the tablet has been disabled. Please report back and let us know if this has helped accelerometer responsiveness in games!
- Again, more stuff I've probably forgotten
- Due to some apps not correctly supporting 160 DPI (which is a shame, because I much prefer it) we have now switched to 120 by default. These app devs are going to have to fix these issues for the upcoming 7" HC tabs, because they will have the same problems.
- You can still switch back to 160dpi if you prefer it and don't use these incompatible apps using LCD Density changer apps from the Market.
- Added a whole bunch of changes to make 120 DPI nicer, including a launcher fix and a fix for the "Floating Tabs" issue in the browser.
- Audio changes in the kernel which should hopefully cure distortion at max level. Please check this out and report back!
- ADB reboot recovery now works, for those of you who want to dev, makes life a little nicer.
- Most market issues should now be fixed, failed installs and missing apps should hopefully be resolved. Some region specific apps like BBC iPlayer still do not show, we are looking in to this. Some apps, such as Facebook do not show, but this seems to be due to the app itself not supporting 3.2, also looking in to this, but these appear to be "normal" issues.
- Other stuff I've forgotten as always
SO many people have worked on this, and are now part of the team, but everyone who uses and loves VegaComb have the following Droid Soldiers to thank:
BillyBobJoe (Also BillyTheFish I believe?)
Paul O'Brien - For HUGE generosity in providing a replacement Vega to help with the project when Cass' Vega bit the dust!)
Oh... I might have done some stuff too
Have fun guys
newbe5 & the Team
Remember, if you are kind enough to donate to us, the donation link is here!