[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest newbe5

The team that brought you Corvus5 is back, to bring you HoneyComb for your Vega :unsure:

post-715352-0-09979200-1315220916_thumb.

See the original thread I posted over at TabletRoms here! the download is there.

Remember this is BETA :P We have posted this so that Vega owners can have bragging rights, yes, our tablet ROCKS. Fully GPU accelerated Android 3.2 :)

Please report bugs in a neat manner ON THIS THREAD so that they can be easily tracked by the team.

VegaComb 3.2 Build 9b und 9n Update3 Features:

• Update1+2 included
  • The clock and date issue should now been fixed for all
  • GPU RAM reduced to 96MB , more RAM for Apps
  • support for high Wifi channels like 12 + 13
  • new Honeycomb market
  • support for the soon coming GPS App included

VegaComb 3.2 Build 9b und 9n Update2 Features:
    • Fix for Bluetooth MAC addressing to hopefully make BT work correctly now.
    • Above fix should now also make WiFi considerably more stable.
    • Fix for people who were experiencing issues with the Market not being able to install apps.

VegaComb 3.2 Build 9b und 9n Update1 Features:
      • Working Deep Standby
      • Updated camera lib
      • Re-added App Drivemount

VegaComb 3.2 Build 9n Features
        Please be aware that although there was a "version 9" release on some German forums, this update was never integrated into the full build process, and was a side-project by rebel1 to acheive 2 goals. 1) To greatly increase the /system partition size (from 150mb to 200mb) and use that size to add larger apps that have increased language support for non-english speaking users. This build is unrelated to the previous "build 9" and as such has been labelled 9n (new, or newbe5, meaning that it has gone through the usual build and testing processes by myself), an alternate installer based on THIS build will also be provided by rebel1, including the expanded /system partition and enhanced language capability, this alternate build will be labelled 9b (bigger system, alternate build) and will be an nvflash installer rather than a CWM image. If you want a TRADITIONAL VegaComb experience, use 9n.
        • System image has been shrunk considerably, this should help people who have a lot of random lockups / install issues due to bad NAND blocks. Build 8.1 was using 149.5mb of the allocated 150mb provided by ModdedStockv2, Build 9n is only using 139.8mb allowing much more room to avoid bad blocks if you haev them.
        • Google Books has been removed entirely. It looks nice, but it's pointless as you can't even access the Store outside of the US. Install this manually if you want it for some reason.
        • Google Maps and Street View have been moved in to /data to save space and because they can both be installed/updated from the market, so there is no need for them to be in /system.
        • Coarse location discovery (based on WiFi connection) is now working correctly.
        • Updated camera libraries to the latest version thanks to the development effort by many (including Eduardo and Redscorpion) over at MoDaCo. Google Talk video chat should now be working, as well as the stock Camera app. Other apps have been tested but there is a possibility that not all of them work (please test and let us know!), but we felt that it was more important for Gtalk to work as the camera isn't much use for actually taking pictures :P
        • Added Eduardo's accelerometer patch. This should allow much more responsive accelerometer with no lag.
        • Power management for bluetooth/wireless has been fixed. Hopefully this should stop them interfering with eachother when one is disabled.
        • Screen calibration functionality built in to the kernel to calibrate on the fly.
        • USB on-the-fly host/slave switcher integrated in to the kernel, this should allow switching between USB host/slave on the tablets side USB port without the need to reboot!
        • Disabled device suspend when the tablet is connected to an active USB connection, preventing the USB connection from being severed.
        • Added a brand new app called: Shuttle Tools (created by Eduardo) which includes the toggles for the above two options. Allowing you to calibrate the screen or switch USB modes from within Android.

VegaComb 3.2 Build 8.1 Features (if you installed update build8, you must install this over to get camera working and other things):

[*]WORKING CAMERA[*]Working Bluetooth (better support that patch for beta7. Remember to reboot your tablet with wifi on so new mac address for BT can be created)[*]App Launcher with 4 rows[*]Power button sleeps instead of launching shutdown menu

Previous Releases:

VegaComb 3.2 Build 7 Features:

[*]Issue with the Browser not correctly setting and saving the UA string has now been resolved. Sites like BBC iPlayer should now stop redirecting you to the wrong version of the site.[*]Issue where the market was charging people in dollars has been fixed.[*]Certain apps not showing in the Market (Like MyPlayer and ITV Player) has now been resolved.[*]Microphone is now fixed! Voice search, voice chat etc will now work correctly.[*]OpenVPN support has been added (thanks for the nudge Scanno! :P)[*]Issue where the RTC (clock) would not correctly keep time updated when the tablet was either off or sleeping should now be resolved.[*]Issue with Alarms not working correctly should now be resolved.[*]Potential fix to the Accelerometer Lag issue, as part of this, the Lock Rotation switch on the top of the tablet has been disabled. Please report back and let us know if this has helped accelerometer responsiveness in games![*]Again, more stuff I've probably forgotten :P

VegaComb 3.2 Build 6 Features:

[*]Due to some apps not correctly supporting 160 DPI (which is a shame, because I much prefer it) we have now switched to 120 by default. These app devs are going to have to fix these issues for the upcoming 7" HC tabs, because they will have the same problems.[*]You can still switch back to 160dpi if you prefer it and don't use these incompatible apps using LCD Density changer apps from the Market.[*]Added a whole bunch of changes to make 120 DPI nicer, including a launcher fix and a fix for the "Floating Tabs" issue in the browser.[*]Audio changes in the kernel which should hopefully cure distortion at max level. Please check this out and report back![*]ADB reboot recovery now works, for those of you who want to dev, makes life a little nicer.[*]Most market issues should now be fixed, failed installs and missing apps should hopefully be resolved. Some region specific apps like BBC iPlayer still do not show, we are looking in to this. Some apps, such as Facebook do not show, but this seems to be due to the app itself not supporting 3.2, also looking in to this, but these appear to be "normal" issues.[*]Other stuff I've forgotten as always :P

SO many people have worked on this, and are now part of the team, but everyone who uses and loves VegaComb have the following Droid Soldiers to thank:

Ejtagle

Rebel1

Corvus

HomerSp

Cass67

a_appleby

BillyBobJoe (Also BillyTheFish I believe?)

stiggy2001

Lenny

Paul O'Brien - For HUGE generosity in providing a replacement Vega to help with the project when Cass' Vega bit the dust!)

Oh... I might have done some stuff too :P

Have fun guys :)

newbe5 & the Team

Remember, if you are kind enough to donate to us, the donation link is here!

Guest Vansphone
The team that brought you Corvus5 is back, to bring you HoneyComb for your Vega :unsure:

See the original thread I posted over at TabletRoms here! the download is there.

My brain is hurting now... time to go for a rest :/

Remember this is ALPHA, please don't come back saying stuff doesn't work :P We have posted this so that Vega owners can have bragging rights, yes, our tablet ROCKS. There are some bits and bobs that are messy, or simply just hacked in, but here it is in all it's messy glory ;)

Have fun guys :)

newbe5 & Corvus

Wow, so quick. I was not expecting this for a while.

Thanks

Guest clockcycle

Excellent work guys, thanks for sharing! This much talent working from all sides, won't be long now.

Edited by clockcycle

Guest mintvilla

wow thats amazing, literally only need wifi and then it will be useable.

Thanks for all the hardwork.

Edited by mintvilla

Guest trevor432990

Well done fellas ! Never been an early adopter myself but can't wait till beta is available but great to hear it's at least available for the Vega now. Cheers :unsure:

Guest Wiss911

Hey Guys,

you are really awesome, it is very smooth. As soon as Wifi is working, this is absolutely usable!

Thanks and Regards

Wiss911

Edited by Wiss911

Guest wobblydoggy

I Don't know about Honeycomb, but when we troubleshooted the Notion Adam Rom, in order to get wifi to work you had too

copy from a PoV/Vega ROM following file/maps:

mkdir /sdcard/PovFiles
cp /system/lib/libhardware_legacy.so /sdcard/PovFiles/libhardware_legacy.so
cp /system/lib/hw/wlan /sdcard/PovFiles/wlan
cp /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002 /sdcard/PovFiles/wlan_ar6002[/codebox]

After flashing:

- install Root Explorer and z4root. Root your device.

- remount your /system with read/write.

Copy the files back:

[codebox]
mv /system/lib/libhardware_legacy.so /system/lib/libhardware_legacy.so.bak
mv /system/lib/hw/wlan /system/lib/hw/wlan.bak
cp /sdcard/PovFiles/libhardware_legacy.so /system/lib/libhardware_legacy.so
cp /sdcard/PovFiles/wlan /system/lib/hw/wlan
cp /sdcard/PovFiles/wlan_ar6002 /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002

And correct the permissions:

chmod 755 /system/lib/libhardware_legacy.so
chmod 755 /system/lib/hw/wlan
chmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan/ar6000.ko
chmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan/athwlan.bin.z77
chmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan/data.patch.hw2_0.bin
chmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan/eeprom.bin
chmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan/eeprom.data
chmod 755 /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002
chmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002/ar6000.ko
chmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002/athwlan.bin.z77
chmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002/data.patch.hw2_0.bin
chmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002/eeprom.bin
chmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002/eeprom.data
[/codebox]

After reboot your WiFi can now be activated.

Edited by wobblydoggy

Guest doireabu

Brillant work!

now for the stupid questions. Will this install from clodkworkmod with full system wipe. Didnt seem to wwork for me

Guest bhargav27

OK guys, great work! But without any intention to spoil the party, I think I've screwed up trying to install this. I followed the NV flash instructions and it flashed it ok. Message said transferred the system.img successfully (sort of).

But now it won't boot up. And the worst part is I can't get it back to recovery mode by pressing the back and power button. What are my options now guys? Is it bricked or can it be recovered somehow.

Help appreciated. Thanks,

Bhargav

Guest newbe5
OK guys, great work! But without any intention to spoil the party, I think I've screwed up trying to install this. I followed the NV flash instructions and it flashed it ok. Message said transferred the system.img successfully (sort of).

But now it won't boot up. And the worst part is I can't get it back to recovery mode by pressing the back and power button. What are my options now guys? Is it bricked or can it be recovered somehow.

Help appreciated. Thanks,

Bhargav

You cant brick the Vega. First boot of this ROM takes quite a long time, try again :unsure: you can ALWAYS get in to nvflash, just keep trying :) make sure you long hold power and make sure Vega is off first :P

newbe5

Guest add.thebad

Wow great work! you beat me to it ;)

following with great interest and good look with the rest

20 mins to download :o :unsure: :P :)

Edited by add.thebad

Guest bhargav27
You cant brick the Vega. First boot of this ROM takes quite a long time, try again :unsure: you can ALWAYS get in to nvflash, just keep trying :) make sure you long hold power and make sure Vega is off first :P

newbe5

Thanks mate for your quick reply. OK so now for nvflash is it the same process? i.e. back and power button? And when you say long, how long (not being funny at all, just want to know before trying nvflash)? I will let it go for 30 mins and see.

Thanks,

Bhargav

p.s. OK, got it back in nvflash and now trying to push your HC rom again. fingers crossed!

Edited by bhargav27

Guest add.thebad

wow! amazing vega rocks better than ipad now :unsure:

it runs nice and smooth, i didnt expect that!

(well i say smooth, its a smooth as honeycomb which from my playing in pcworld seems to be a little slow)

Guest mintvilla
wow! amazing vega rocks better than ipad now :unsure:

it runs nice and smooth, i didnt expect that!

(well i say smooth, its a smooth as honeycomb which from my playing in pcworld seems to be a little slow)

its funny youve said that kos ive had a play on the xoom (which felt sluggish) and a play and the transformer (which felt rapid) and they both have the same specs so i have no clue why that is.

Guest Logseman
its funny youve said that kos ive had a play on the xoom (which felt sluggish) and a play and the transformer (which felt rapid) and they both have the same specs so i have no clue why that is.

Because the Honeycomb presented in the Xoom was a desperate attempt to make it in time against iPad2 and it shows, while the newer models benefit from that usually not well valued thing called "healthy development cycle".