Right, finally installed this last night, as wifi had been getting unusable on previous ROM for some reason. My other half was using my main PC to watch some TV, so I thought I'd do it via Mac... lmao, what a time waste that was! After a lot of faffing I ended up dumping VMware fusion on to it, installing Windows 7, and then using the installer... which didn't work for whatever reason. To everyone installing this, I cannot state more clearly - Read The badword Manual - I sure as hell didn't, and it bit me in the arse!! Do things in order, and all is good.
Anyway, will re-write what I did to get it working, someone may find it useful amongst all the other guides out there. I had nothing I wanted to keep on my vega, so there is no backup process here...
- Download the following files: USB driver, Modded stock, vegacomb build 9n, vegacomb update 3 - unless you have download accounts with some of the mirrors, go make a cup of tea as they are somewhat slow, lol!
- Plug in Vega with usb storage on, transfer the build 3, and build 3 update zip files to your memory card
- Get your vega into recovery mode - back button 2 secs, back & power 2 secs, back 2 secs, release - screen will flash on a little, then go off
- Plug in via USB - open device manager, find the yellow triangle, replace the driver - you downloaded it earlier
- Once that is on, it should now show up as a vega in recovery mode, and you can launch modded stock
- It should flash the vega, which will then restart
- When vega boots, open applications, go to recovery, this will launch the recovery mode - use the volume to move up and down, power to enter a menu, and back button to exit a menu
- Hit wipe data/factory reset - then confirm
- Hit install zip from SD card - select the vegacomb 9n image and install
- When done, reboot the system
- Vegacomb should now load up for you - hit the power button with a long hold, select recovery
- Once rebooted, you will be in clockwork recovery again
- Hit install zip from SD card - select the update 3 zip file and install
- When done, reboot, and you're laughing!!
Now, you probably don't have to do a couple of those steps (10/11), but this worked, so frig it. Someone else has probably detailed this elsewhere, but I couldn't find something that acutally laid out each damn step, so there you go. I wouldn't bother with the installer - couldn't get that to work for s***, the above seemed pretty foolproof by comparison.
First impressions - OMG, what an awesome ROM, spot on. My wifi is now working again (!) and the HDMI output is actually fine on videos opened with mvideoplayer - I can live with 3/4 screen on other stuff, as I don't use it for that. Games look lovely, the accelerometer is working a treat, all in all, fab stuff!