• Please log in to reply
2271 replies to this topic

bhargav27

bhargav27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S

You cant brick the Vega. First boot of this ROM takes quite a long time, try again :unsure: you can ALWAYS get in to nvflash, just keep trying :) make sure you long hold power and make sure Vega is off first :P

newbe5

Thanks mate for your quick reply. OK so now for nvflash is it the same process? i.e. back and power button? And when you say long, how long (not being funny at all, just want to know before trying nvflash)? I will let it go for 30 mins and see.

Thanks,
Bhargav

p.s. OK, got it back in nvflash and now trying to push your HC rom again. fingers crossed!

Edited by bhargav27, 09 May 2011 - 07:36 PM.

owenoliver1

owenoliver1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Devices:HTC HERO
  • Twitter:@owenoliver1
First boot 4 mins id say was really cool too see it load

Found something damn useful

http://www.pressbyte...lor-android-30/

:unsure:

Sync your files online and across computers with @Dropbox.
2GB account is free! http://db.tt/N0zUKWB

add.thebad

add.thebad

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Interests:Android and disliking apple
  • Devices:Motorola Defy (+ Pulse)
  • Twitter:@adam.gypo
wow! amazing vega rocks better than ipad now :unsure:
it runs nice and smooth, i didnt expect that!
(well i say smooth, its a smooth as honeycomb which from my playing in pcworld seems to be a little slow)

Cheers Adam

Watch my defy go for a swim!!

Moto Defy CM7 :o :o :D Advent vega 2.4
T-Mobile pulse CM6
Posted Image

mintvilla

mintvilla

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Devices:htc desire

wow! amazing vega rocks better than ipad now :unsure:
it runs nice and smooth, i didnt expect that!
(well i say smooth, its a smooth as honeycomb which from my playing in pcworld seems to be a little slow)

its funny youve said that kos ive had a play on the xoom (which felt sluggish) and a play and the transformer (which felt rapid) and they both have the same specs so i have no clue why that is.

Logseman

Logseman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, Samsung Galaxy S
  • Twitter:@Panimayo

its funny youve said that kos ive had a play on the xoom (which felt sluggish) and a play and the transformer (which felt rapid) and they both have the same specs so i have no clue why that is.

Because the Honeycomb presented in the Xoom was a desperate attempt to make it in time against iPad2 and it shows, while the newer models benefit from that usually not well valued thing called "healthy development cycle".

WWEpsp

WWEpsp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega (VegaComb)
  • Twitter:@@WWEpsp92
WOW guys, really awesome. Expected this for next month, now im just thinking we will get a great Beta instead.

Really Really, awesome. Thanks to you the Advent Vega is really worth the money.

Edited by WWEpsp, 09 May 2011 - 08:16 PM.

peter a

peter a

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Devices:htc wildfire and advent vega

You never know, after a short while we may end up with a Transformer, but with an inferior screen.
Never seen things move so fast with a thread.

Edited by peter a, 09 May 2011 - 08:11 PM.

houdini2005

houdini2005

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
how do i increase the system partition from 125 to 300, I guess if i'm asking then maybe i should'nt be playing. :unsure:

mintvilla

mintvilla

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

how do i increase the system partition from 125 to 300, I guess if i'm asking then maybe i should'nt be playing. :unsure:

does it for you when it flashes

doireabu

doireabu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE, ADVENT VEGA
having problems installing.......... in recovery ......... double click windows recovery file and hit run..... boots up cmd but only for a second, dont have time to even read it

any help much appreciated

houdini2005

houdini2005

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

does it for you when it flashes

Kevrae

Kevrae

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD, Advent Vega
just flashed now waiting for first boot so excited its ridiculous. thanks very much guys once wifi is good i think ill be set.

Gavjbrown

Gavjbrown

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Devices:Streak - Desire - Wildfire
Excellent work guys. As soon as wifi is working i'll give it a try.

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • Devices:Vega. HTC Desire

having problems installing.......... in recovery ......... double click windows recovery file and hit run..... boots up cmd but only for a second, dont have time to even read it

any help much appreciated

I mean this in a nice way. If you can follow these instructions, great. If not, then the best advice is to wait until the guys have had chance to develop this further. You will almost certainly flash this, then want to go back to a "normal" ROM until this amazing piece of work is ready for day use.

Anyway, just add "pause" to the end of the batch file. Then you'll see what the problem is.

If I've helped you, you want to say "thanks" and you do not use Dropbox (it's enormously useful, especially with mobile devices), please consider signing up for it using my reference. You'll get 2GB of disk space for files available anywhere, any time on any device. They give us both an extra 250MB if you do sign up!

Apple? I'd rather eat my own kidneys!

bewA

bewA

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Nexus
  • Twitter:@EnjoinMoss
I wanted to make an update.zip for this.
as i'm not to keen on using the nvflash method :S

are there any guides on how to make a rom update zip?
I assume its just a case of having the boot.img and unpacking the system.img and filling in the blanks etc...

doireabu

doireabu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE, ADVENT VEGA

I mean this in a nice way. If you can follow these instructions, great. If not, then the best advice is to wait until the guys have had chance to develop this further. You will almost certainly flash this, then want to go back to a "normal" ROM until this amazing piece of work is ready for day use.

Anyway, just add "pause" to the end of the batch file. Then you'll see what the problem is.

ok thanks, it was more a question for those already installing, not directly at the developers...... doesnt sound in a nice way to be honest :unsure:

Kevrae

Kevrae

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD, Advent Vega
ok really liking the vega running honeycomb (albeit in a limited capatcity) made me truly amazed at a great bargain this tablet is. with the right developers in place. we are blessed lol cheers again guys hope next time i install it its for keeps.

Wiss911

Wiss911

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:Legend, POV Mobii 10"
  • Twitter:@Wiss911
Hello all,

don´t know if for you it´s the same, but for me SD Card was not mounted. But as soon as i open Root-Explorer and try to open SDCARD, take the card out and reinsert it, it tooks a short while and surprise: SDCard is mounted.
Maybe it helps you.

Best regards

Wiss911

Minimonkey

Minimonkey

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Devices:IPhone, Asus Memo
  • Twitter:@huddsdroid
Just had a play very nice work looking forwards to future updates cheers guys :unsure:

owenoliver1

owenoliver1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Devices:HTC HERO
  • Twitter:@owenoliver1

Hello all,

don´t know if for you it´s the same, but for me SD Card was not mounted. But as soon as i open Root-Explorer and try to open SDCARD, take the card out and reinsert it, it tooks a short while and surprise: SDCard is mounted.
Maybe it helps you.

Best regards

Wiss911

how did you get root explorer working and also does usb-mounting work?

Sync your files online and across computers with @Dropbox.
2GB account is free! http://db.tt/N0zUKWB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users