Guest newbe5

Guest newbe5
to get root working i had to do this...

adb remount

adb shell

chmod 06755 /system/bin/su

exit

Titanium then worked :)

My fault! URGH! Stupid brain, I am soooo tired, lol. I must rest tonight, but I will make sure this is fixed in the next release :unsure: Thanks for pointing this out!

newbe5

Guest tony barnes

Is WiFi working now?!?!? Damn guys, that's quick..!

Will have to update mine before the weekend, mate with his Xoom will be coming round, will be good to compare :unsure:

Guest pabloid

Well done to you guys ... I will certainly donate a few beers.. if only I could flash it :unsure:

#./Restore_Linux.sh

Nvflash started

USB device not found

I inserted the -w to get nvflash to wait .. but it just waits and does not find the device :)

the device is connected

# lsusb

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

Bus 001 Device 023: ID 0955:7100 NVidia Corp.

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

do i need to make some change to the device section in the flash.cfg ....

anyone help ?

Guest newbe5

Disconnect power and USB. Hold power button for 15 seconds to make sure device is off. Wait 30 seconds. Plug in USB, then power. Hold back button for 2 seconds, then still holding back push power for 1 second and let go of both.

now try

Well done to you guys ... I will certainly donate a few beers.. if only I could flash it :unsure:

#./Restore_Linux.sh

Nvflash started

USB device not found

I inserted the -w to get nvflash to wait .. but it just waits and does not find the device :)

the device is connected

# lsusb

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

Bus 001 Device 023: ID 0955:7100 NVidia Corp.

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

do i need to make some change to the device section in the flash.cfg ....

anyone help ?

Guest warriorscot

Pretty good work, was good to try it will look forward to the first beta.

Only really big issue that stopped me trying it longer was the fact the browser didn't work and I couldn't mount my SD card to get to my apps.

I do really like the honeycomb interface its very nice and the multitasking is brilliant.

Guest pabloid
Disconnect power and USB. Hold power button for 15 seconds to make sure device is off. Wait 30 seconds. Plug in USB, then power. Hold back button for 2 seconds, then still holding back push power for 1 second and let go of both.

now try

Thanks for the help ... I tried this ... but doesn't work for me. Does it matter that I am using CLockworkMod Recovery ??? .. those button combinations never did work for me on the Vega. I can get into recovery using adb, but as I say it is CWM recovery not the orig stock ... Really would like to give this a bash ...

Guest cjtkd
Thanks for the help ... I tried this ... but doesn't work for me. Does it matter that I am using CLockworkMod Recovery ??? .. those button combinations never did work for me on the Vega. I can get into recovery using adb, but as I say it is CWM recovery not the orig stock ... Really would like to give this a bash ...

So what your saying is your Vega is different to everyone elses? For sure the button combo is tricky BUT it does work :unsure:

Guest spacecadetuk
Pretty good work, was good to try it will look forward to the first beta.

Only really big issue that stopped me trying it longer was the fact the browser didn't work and I couldn't mount my SD card to get to my apps.

I do really like the honeycomb interface its very nice and the multitasking is brilliant.

both worked for me, for the browser its just; type "about:debug" into address bar then go to settings and untick opengl and hay presto the browser loads up fine

SD card was just there from boot, even found my music files which played fine

Guest dariomolinari

This is my first post on this forum since purchasing the Vega in February but I felt the need to congratulate and thank Newbe5 and Corvus for this amazing feat - it is thanks to the hard work of techies of your caliber that I as a simple technology leecher enjoy noticeable "street cred"! ;-)

Just as an FYI, installed Alpha3 and everything that was reported working performs as described - I am just waiting for the Market and Flash (they may even be already working?)

Keep on the great work guys!

Guest liamb1234

hi guys, first off thanks for getting this going, really looking forward to it!!!!

I downloaded the HC rom, put my vega into recovery mode( via the recovery app in the menu) and now im stuck when i run nv flash from the command promt it just gives me a huge list of option and its the same with build bct????

Anychance someone could give me a quick 1 2 step guide to get this going, i manages to install modaco r8 custom rom but im guessing this is different???

PLEASE help!!!!

thanks guys!

Guest liamb1234
Does anyone have a working link to the rom??

the link on the first page of this topic works, i just downloaded it minutes ago!

Guest jasonic8
hi guys, first off thanks for getting this going, really looking forward to it!!!!

I downloaded the HC rom, put my vega into recovery mode( via the recovery app in the menu) and now im stuck when i run nv flash from the command promt it just gives me a huge list of option and its the same with build bct????

Anychance someone could give me a quick 1 2 step guide to get this going, i manages to install modaco r8 custom rom but im guessing this is different???

PLEASE help!!!!

thanks guys!

Don't use recovery mode, it's nvFlash mode you want. Power off then hold back 3secs, then also hold Power 3 secs then release that keeping back held for another 3 secs.

Once your Vega is in flash mode all you need to do is run the batch file 'Restore_Windows.bat' (or in Linux: Restore_linux.sh )

Edited by jasonic8

Guest liamb1234
Are you running the batch file 'Restore_Windows.bat' ? (or in Linux, Restore_linux.sh)

Im using windows, and no sorry im not , thats my problem im unsure of what to run in what order!?!?!?!?

Guest jasonic8
Im using windows, and no sorry im not , thats my problem im unsure of what to run in what order!?!?!?!?

Yeah sorry - I noticed that you'd used recovery after I posted.

There are tons of posts about how to nvflash the system - it's the same as flashing the stock vega rom (up to the point of running the VegaComb restore_windows.bat ) and full instructions on getting into the flash mode are on www.myadventvega.co.uk.

Look for the Full System Restore instructions, but when it says double click their restore file, go to the vegaComb folder and run Restore_Windows.bat

Edited by jasonic8

Guest spacecadetuk

1. Download the file and unzip to your desktop.

2. Ensure your Vega is off (not standby) and plugged into the power.

3. Connect Vega to computer via USB.

4. Put Vega into recovery by pressing: back and hold for 2-3 seconds, whilst still holding back press and hold power for 2-3 seconds, release power and continue to hold back for another 2-3 seconds.

5. Run the windows batch file you have downloaded.

This assumes you have the correct drivers.

Basically read the PDF that is with the file but run the file you've downloaded instead of the vega one.

Guest windin101

ok so far so good

flash player works if you install the apk

unable to install the market using the nook install instructions however this probably has more to do with not being able to set up mu gmail account i think

very very impressive though, buggy as you would expect but the progress is absolutely amazing

Guest liamb1234
Yeah sorry - I noticed that you'd used recovery after I posted.

There are tons of posts about how to nvflash the system - it's the same as flashing the stock vega rom (up to the point of running the VegaComb restore_windows.bat ) and full instructions on getting into the flash mode are on www.myadventvega.co.uk.

Look for the Full System Restore instructions, but when it says double click their restore file, go to the vegaComb folder and run Restore_Windows.bat

OK, im installing the device drivers now, but this doesnt explain when to run either restore windows or nv flash HELP!!!!

Guest HunteronX
the link on the first page of this topic works, i just downloaded it minutes ago!

It still doesn't work for me though...