Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Devices:advent vega,nexus 1,galaxy s2
  • Twitter:@R_I_T_E
Hi guys :unsure:

am running this rom ...... but kinda wanna see what the new stock 2.3.3 is like

i restored my phone back to rooted-stock and checked for updates, but it said phone was up to date (it's 2.2)

so my question is ....... do i need to unroot or something to get OTA updates from HTC etc??, because its all over the net today that the OTA's are rolling out today but my phone aint recieved it, have tried *#*#checkin#*#* ....... and the software update in about phone

(backed up this rom tho cos it is AWESOME!!!! .... just curious about the stock 2.3)

thanx

matthijskox

matthijskox

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega
Yeah i would like to know this too. I am om modaco custom ROM r2 (Froyo) and i would like to be able to install the stock Gingerbread ROM OTA. When i check for updates, it says that there are no updates available. Can anyone provide the instructions?

Edited by matthijskox, 17 May 2011 - 02:12 PM.

angamb

angamb

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Note II
  • Twitter:@gadgetonomy

Hi guys :P

am running this rom ...... but kinda wanna see what the new stock 2.3.3 is like

i restored my phone back to rooted-stock and checked for updates, but it said phone was up to date (it's 2.2)

so my question is ....... do i need to unroot or something to get OTA updates from HTC etc??, because its all over the net today that the OTA's are rolling out today but my phone aint recieved it, have tried *#*#checkin#*#* ....... and the software update in about phone
(backed up this rom tho cos it is AWESOME!!!! .... just curious about the stock 2.3)

thanx

Me too! I am running a custom 2.3 rooted ROM and want to sell the phone with stock gingerbread on it. I am not sure what the requirements are to receive OTA updates.

EddyOS

EddyOS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
  • Devices:Google Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@dj_e1d
Just use the RUU for the 2.3 FW to get back to 100% stock. Just bare in mind that you might not be able to root again without downgrading

Or go get a custom ROM from XDA based on it

Google Nexus 4 (LG-E960)
ROM: Android 4.3 (JWR66V)
Bootloader: MAKOZ20i
Recovery: Stock
Radio: 2.0.1700.84
Kernel: Stock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users