- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

razile21

razile21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
anyone try to root and then unroot?? they work?

Raigomaru

Raigomaru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

4) Remove the battery from your phone and plug it to USB while pressing Vol up and wait until the drivers are installed (Your phone should look like mine on the following picture)

I'm doing exactly the same. Some drivers are installing, but the screen is absolutely black (no s/w upgrade message).

rashad1

rashad1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus Black P970
I kind of regret installing the CWM, without a direct boot option it is useless to recover my phone. Now I have a $500 paper weight.

quyTam

quyTam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Just got one!

Will open a Black area shortly.

P

Any news of the LG Black dedicated area ?

thx

ipy

ipy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X
maybe someone could help me.i have some overheating problems with my optimus black.i don't have warranty so i don't have where to go.my phone practically gets to 48*Celsius in like 2-5 minutes of normal usage.if i call someone after 10 minutes i can't hold it in my hand.BUT if i do a factory reset,the phone somehow acts normally..like i watched a video 35 minutes and it didn't go above 34*C.Bad part is that this normal behavior stays untill i make a call or i get called.after i end the conversation...the phone goes crazy again.i tried to reinstall the original rom from lg..but i can't figure out how that stupid lg mobile tool works.It has there a option for "recovery phone" but nothing happens it says only that is no software for my phone.sorry for this long post and for my bad english.please anyone..pm me if you got a ideea or you think you know what is wrong

lousybeerdrinker

lousybeerdrinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I kind of regret installing the CWM, without a direct boot option it is useless to recover my phone. Now I have a $500 paper weight.

i feel you bro. i also have one. :P

Raigomaru

Raigomaru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I'm doing exactly the same. Some drivers are installing, but the screen is absolutely black (no s/w upgrade message).

Maybe something additional should be done? (should the phone be rooted, any apps be installed? or maybe the button should be pressed in any 'special' way)
Please, explain. I really don't know what's wrong with this step 4).

erik501

erik501

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Please open section for this devices Thanks

pihx

pihx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Devices:LG-P970
Hi, new Optimus Black (P970) user here and i managed to brick it after uninstalling LG Home by accident. :D:(

I rooted it using GingerBreak and used Titanium backup to try to remove some of the useless LG apps that insist on running in the background eating up battery. I was going to remove some LG app that i thought was called LG Home, but apparently it was the launcher because now the phone won't start. :o

I'm going to try the German KDZ. I think that is my only option for now.

Oh and please make a P970 section :D

ipy

ipy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X

Hi, new Optimus Black (P970) user here and i managed to brick it after uninstalling LG Home by accident. :D:(

I rooted it using GingerBreak and used Titanium backup to try to remove some of the useless LG apps that insist on running in the background eating up battery. I was going to remove some LG app that i thought was called LG Home, but apparently it was the launcher because now the phone won't start. :o

if you succed with the german kdz please tell me how is the phone..and if you have data or things like this.btw does the backup/restore thing works in clockwork recovery posted by xantaro?

pihx

pihx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
I tried loading the german rom and after about 2 minutes i get this message

Posted Image

I followed the instructions completely. I am running Win7 64bit.

digitalfrost

digitalfrost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I tried loading the german rom and after about 2 minutes i get this message

Posted Image

I followed the instructions completely. I am running Win7 64bit.

Have you deleted mfc42.dll? If you can't get it working try flashing on another System, preferably 32bit Windows XP.

pihx

pihx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Have you deleted mfc42.dll? If you can't get it working try flashing on another System, preferably 32bit Windows XP.

Yes i deleted it, but it was already in on my system from some other program. I'm going to try to exchange the phone tomorrow or see if they will fix it for me, if not, i will try to replace rom using XP 32bit.

gcristi01

gcristi01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:LG P970

Try this:

You need:
1. LGUnitedMobileDriver_S4981MAN32AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.2.1(LG_PCSuiteIV)
2. B2CAppSetup(google...)
3. IMEI your phone
4. internet

install 1 an 2
Remove the battery from your phone and plug it to USB while pressing Vol up and wait until the drivers are installed
Run LGMobile update(B2CAppSetup) -> Customer support -> Recovery phone -> put you IMEI ......................... -> Check ... wait
Automatic recovery running
Good luck!

pihx

pihx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Try this:

You need:
3. IMEI your phone
4. internet

install 1 an 2
Remove the battery from your phone and plug it to USB while pressing Vol up and wait until the drivers are installed
Run LGMobile update(B2CAppSetup) -> Customer support -> Recovery phone -> put you IMEI ......................... -> Check ... wait
Good luck!

I actually had noticed that feature, but i couldn't find the correct number to put in there. Where can i find the IMEI number on the P970?

lousybeerdrinker

lousybeerdrinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I actually had noticed that feature, but i couldn't find the correct number to put in there. Where can i find the IMEI number on the P970?

Posted Image

pihx

pihx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Try this:

You need:
3. IMEI your phone
4. internet

install 1 an 2
Good luck!

OMFG YOU ARE AMAZING!!!

I found the IMEI number under the battery and it worked. You have to type it in without the dashes and it started downloading 220mb's of data, which i assume is the ROM. Since i only messed up the LG launcher, all the programs i had are still there, just the home screen's are like the phone is new.

I am so happy. You are awesome!

pihx

pihx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted Image

Thanks, the number was indeed under the battery along with the serial number. :D

quyTam

quyTam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

OMFG YOU ARE AMAZING!!!

I found the IMEI number under the battery and it worked. You have to type it in without the dashes and it started downloading 220mb's of data, which i assume is the ROM. Since i only messed up the LG launcher, all the programs i had are still there, just the home screen's are like the phone is new.

I am so happy. You are awesome!

Hello, can you tell me wich rom is downloaded and installed on the phone?
Is it a clean LG rom or a operator modified ?

Thanks

pihx

pihx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Hello, can you tell me wich rom is downloaded and installed on the phone?
Is it a clean LG rom or a operator modified ?

Thanks

I don't know anything else then it's a V10a and must be some sort of EU or international one.. My phone has no modification from the operator so it's a clean LG install.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users