LG P970 Optimus Black Clockworkmod

Guest Xantaro

Guest pihx

I tried loading the german rom and after about 2 minutes i get this message

HBSlx.gif

I followed the instructions completely. I am running Win7 64bit.

Guest digitalfrost
I tried loading the german rom and after about 2 minutes i get this message

HBSlx.gif

I followed the instructions completely. I am running Win7 64bit.

Have you deleted mfc42.dll? If you can't get it working try flashing on another System, preferably 32bit Windows XP.

Guest pihx
Have you deleted mfc42.dll? If you can't get it working try flashing on another System, preferably 32bit Windows XP.

Yes i deleted it, but it was already in on my system from some other program. I'm going to try to exchange the phone tomorrow or see if they will fix it for me, if not, i will try to replace rom using XP 32bit.

Guest gcristi01
Hi, new Optimus Black (P970) user here and i managed to brick it after uninstalling LG Home by accident. :D:(

I rooted it using GingerBreak and used Titanium backup to try to remove some of the useless LG apps that insist on running in the background eating up battery. I was going to remove some LG app that i thought was called LG Home, but apparently it was the launcher because now the phone won't start. :o

I'm going to try the German KDZ. I think that is my only option for now.

Oh and please make a P970 section :D

Try this:

You need:

1. LGUnitedMobileDriver_S4981MAN32AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.2.1(LG_PCSuiteIV)

2. B2CAppSetup(google...)

3. IMEI your phone

4. internet

install 1 an 2

Remove the battery from your phone and plug it to USB while pressing Vol up and wait until the drivers are installed

Run LGMobile update(B2CAppSetup) -> Customer support -> Recovery phone -> put you IMEI ......................... -> Check ... wait

Automatic recovery running

Good luck!

Guest pihx
Try this:

You need:

3. IMEI your phone

4. internet

install 1 an 2

Remove the battery from your phone and plug it to USB while pressing Vol up and wait until the drivers are installed

Run LGMobile update(B2CAppSetup) -> Customer support -> Recovery phone -> put you IMEI ......................... -> Check ... wait

Good luck!

I actually had noticed that feature, but i couldn't find the correct number to put in there. Where can i find the IMEI number on the P970?

Guest lousybeerdrinker
I actually had noticed that feature, but i couldn't find the correct number to put in there. Where can i find the IMEI number on the P970?

phone_imei.jpg

Guest pihx
Try this:

You need:

3. IMEI your phone

4. internet

install 1 an 2

Good luck!

OMFG YOU ARE AMAZING!!!

I found the IMEI number under the battery and it worked. You have to type it in without the dashes and it started downloading 220mb's of data, which i assume is the ROM. Since i only messed up the LG launcher, all the programs i had are still there, just the home screen's are like the phone is new.

I am so happy. You are awesome!

Guest quyTam
OMFG YOU ARE AMAZING!!!

I found the IMEI number under the battery and it worked. You have to type it in without the dashes and it started downloading 220mb's of data, which i assume is the ROM. Since i only messed up the LG launcher, all the programs i had are still there, just the home screen's are like the phone is new.

I am so happy. You are awesome!

Hello, can you tell me wich rom is downloaded and installed on the phone?

Is it a clean LG rom or a operator modified ?

Thanks

Guest pihx
Hello, can you tell me wich rom is downloaded and installed on the phone?

Is it a clean LG rom or a operator modified ?

Thanks

I don't know anything else then it's a V10a and must be some sort of EU or international one.. My phone has no modification from the operator so it's a clean LG install.

Guest quyTam

ok, thanks !

I'll try it, hope it will not download different version depending on the imei...

EDIT

ok, just try it ! it works perfectly, but I think it's based on the IMEI to select the rom because I have back the operator rom like originally (operator "1&1")

Edited by quyTam

Guest lousybeerdrinker
ok, thanks !

I'll try it, hope it will not download different version depending on the imei...

EDIT

ok, just try it ! it works perfectly, but I think it's based on the IMEI to select the rom because I have back the operator rom like originally (operator "1&1")

i tried doing the Mobile Update but my phone seems to disconnect during Analyzing... :D

Guest quyTam
anyone try to root and then unroot?? they work?

After using recover method (post 54) it will restore the phone and there's no more root.

Guest quyTam
OK, here we go. This only contains Links to the GERMAN 1&1 Branded Version! I don't lnow, if there is already any other international Version available and I don't know nothing about compatibility!

This is what you need:

The following Tutorial is based on some problems wich I had on a 64bit Win 7 Pro. On 32bit OS steps 2), 3), 7) & 8) might be not nessecary!

I) Install the B2CTools

1) Unpack the KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.7z and install the msxml.msi

2) Delete mfc42.dll from the unpacked data (causes problems on 64bit OS)

3) Unpack Windows Enabler

4) Remove the battery from your phone and plug it to USB while pressing Vol up and wait until the drivers are installed (Your phone should look like mine on the following picture)

5) Open your Device Manager and deactivate the "LGE Mobile USB Modem" in the modem section

6) Start KDZ_FW_UPD.exe as admin

7) Start Windows Enabler.exe as admin

8) In your Taskbar should be now the Windows Enabler Icon. Activate it by clicking it

9) Now select at "KDZ file" the downloaded V10A_00.kdz

10) And klick "Launch software update"

11) Let the tool run. Don't klick it, even the Window sais that it's not responding! (The Log can be ignored, especially the missing dll messages)

12) Wait till your phone reboots

You do this on your own risk! If you brick your phone it is your problem! It's working with my 1&1 Branded German P970 and I haven't tested anything else!

Thanks alot digitalfrost for your support!

I've try your tutorial with a clean German image without operator layer (it seems to be the same than international version)

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW..._00/V10A_00.kdz

And it works :D

Thanks alot !

Guest pihx
I've try your tutorial with a clean German image without operator layer (it seems to be the same than international version)

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW..._00/V10A_00.kdz

And it works :D

Thanks alot !

Yeah i think this is a european one. If you look at the folder in the link called ADEUTL, that part of the URL is a country code, so it make sense that it is european because it has EU in the name.

Great to hear that it works and you have your phone working. I managed to fix mine through LG Mobile recovery and i am so happy it's working again :D

Guest quyTam
Yeah i think this is a european one. If you look at the folder in the link called ADEUTL, that part of the URL is a country code, so it make sense that it is european because it has EU in the name.

Great to hear that it works and you have your phone working. I managed to fix mine through LG Mobile recovery and i am so happy it's working again :D

I think it's a german version ("ADEUTL" for Deutsh) because I've try with "AFRATL" and it also works (and file has exactly the same size).

Good for you that your phone it fixed ! I also greatly apreciate my LG Black, and it's very comforting that recovery and flashing image work (if we do some little mistakes ^^')

Guest pihx
I think it's a german version ("ADEUTL" for Deutsh) because I've try with "AFRATL" and it also works (and file has exactly the same size).

Good for you that your phone it fixed ! I also greatly apreciate my LG Black, and it's very comforting that recovery and flashing image work (if we do some little mistakes ^^')

Ahhh that is probably true. But it is in english though, right?

I only thought EU because usually Germany is DE.

Edited by pihx

Guest Xantaro
So CWM finally running on my Optimus Black.

The following has been tested and is working:

- Backup & Restore

- wipe data/factory reset

- wipe cache

- Reboot & Poweroff

- install zip from SD-Card

- Partition SD-Card

Notes:

- Use at your own risk! I´ll take no responsibility for any Bricks etc.

- Apperently the Optimus Black doesn´t have a Keycombination for going to Recoverymode on Booting. So at the moment CWM can only be accessed by rebooting the Phone to Recoverymode via App or Shell from a running System.

Downloads:

Clockworkmod v3.2.0.0 >>DOWNLOAD<<

LG United Mobile Drivers (Windows) >>DOWNLOAD<< (Needed when installing with MS Windows)

How to install:

1. Extract ZIP-File to your Local Computer

2. Connect the Phone with USB-Debugging enabled

3. Run The File install_recovery.bat (on Windows Systems) or install_recovery.sh(on Linux Systems)

Updated CWM to v3.2.0.0, and some minor changes on the Kernel (EXT4 Support) + Installscripts for Windows + Linux

Guest shingers5
OK, here we go. This only contains Links to the GERMAN 1&1 Branded Version! I don't lnow, if there is already any other international Version available and I don't know nothing about compatibility!

This is what you need:

The following Tutorial is based on some problems wich I had on a 64bit Win 7 Pro. On 32bit OS steps 2), 3), 7) & 8) might be not nessecary!

I) Install the B2CTools

1) Unpack the KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.7z and install the msxml.msi

2) Delete mfc42.dll from the unpacked data (causes problems on 64bit OS)

03be9fe7526b6da7d3a9a91b95be563f.jpg

3) Unpack Windows Enabler

4) Remove the battery from your phone and plug it to USB while pressing Vol up and wait until the drivers are installed (Your phone should look like mine on the following picture)

54180f337f79a933b5ea379cd971c1f3.jpg

5) Open your Device Manager and deactivate the "LGE Mobile USB Modem" in the modem section

6185b1723856e3b8c9616b00af78fb7e.jpg

6) Start KDZ_FW_UPD.exe as admin

7) Start Windows Enabler.exe as admin

8) In your Taskbar should be now the Windows Enabler Icon. Activate it by clicking it

61f9ccba30c661fa3ff97d5d51ab4a4d.jpg 8013f5eae58454ba9adf0269cbd27dc3.jpg

9) Now select at "KDZ file" the downloaded V10A_00.kdz

10) And klick "Launch software update"

1be7ff079ae51eee0e7b9d3930ed843b.jpg

11) Let the tool run. Don't klick it, even the Window sais that it's not responding! (The Log can be ignored, especially the missing dll messages)

12) Wait till your phone reboots

You do this on your own risk! If you brick your phone it is your problem! It's working with my 1&1 Branded German P970 and I haven't tested anything else!

Thanks alot digitalfrost for your support!

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks mate. this revived my bricked Optimus Black and I am in awe of this guide.