try to select slp auto provision. that fixed it for me. got my first fix (ever since I installed fr18b2) in ten seconds from a moving train!
The Nokia fix or the GPS patch made no difference to me at all.
Takes ages to lock and even when it has the lock lasts 2 secs at most!
Really frustrating now -
Rooted on Stock.
GPS issue - fr15
Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:08 PM
Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:30 PM
Mine was selected but nothing have now turned it off but that goes against the instructions!
Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:44 PM
SLP auto provision didn't change anything. Using Fr18 beta2.
Edited by chong01, 01 June 2011 - 03:44 PM.
Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:40 PM
Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:40 AM
Just got my gps working properly for the first time since I got the phone a week back! I changed the setting to Nokia and adjusted the gps.conf file to my local zone (from here http://www.pool.ntp.org/zone/europe) . Weirdly Google maps did the same thing both of my last Nokias did and just couldn't get an accurate lock until the phone had locked the satellites from a separate satellite app (gps status) which picked up and locked 7 satellites in seconds, as soon as I switched to Google maps it was flying. I had the same experience with my old N95, it was fine after but Nokia Maps just wouldn't work right until I'd first used the inbuilt gps diagnostic to pick up satellites the first time.
404 - File not found
Sorry, we looked high and low and just could not find the file /zone/europe).
Go to the front page
Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:44 PM
Having encountered this GPS bug myself over several ROMs and read the various SUPL tweaks and server settings - I am wondering why any kind of server setting will make any difference for a GPS (radio) receiver? If you're attempting to lock onto satellites then, aside from a clear path to the sky, you need a good aerial and sensitive receiver (just like picking up FM radio). Obviously, these days, phones don't have pull-up aerials so you'll get some attenuation by holding the device.
From a technical point of view, the fact that the phone can't see/lock onto the satellites suggests a firmware issue and/or GPS receiver problem and nothing to do with server settings. When using Wifi location aiding, it's quick and accurate. But when purely using the GPS, I can sit there for minutes at a time with just 1 or 2 satellites in range. A TomTom or hiker's GPS is just a radio receiver with a display - If that works next to the 2X in a head-to-head test, then it's gotta be a firmware issue.
"I discovered salt and created FM radio..."
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users