27 replies to this topic

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2

Uhh, I may have been mistaken on doing it with the phone on.

Remove battery, put back in, leave off, unplugged.

Press keys in order. Hold power button until menu appears.

the image from above is an image that samsung uses to notify the user of an absence of a readable boot file. Your phone is not bricked, but rather soft bricked. It is in a state that cannot load the image from rom. You just need to re-flash the phone.

The combination that people are telling you to press ( Send Key+End Key+Lock Button ) is the sequence used to hard reset your phone. This won't have any effect on your phone, as it can't wipe the system and reload from rom, because this is where the problem is.

And the volume up or volume down is incorrect. That is only for the i8000 Omnia 2, Not the i920 Omnia 2 phone.

Just remove the battery, replace the battery, setup your loader with the correct rom file and click detect.
Reconnect your phone via USB and your phone should flash just fine.

If the phone is not recognized then there is a usb driver/connection problem that needs to be dealt with. First restart your computer and re-set it back up. then plug the usb cable back in. You may need to try different ports (front vs. back) on your computer as well.

again, your not bricked, just challenged to flash another rom.

the sandman

the sandman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i920

the image from above is an image that samsung uses to notify the user of an absence of a readable boot file. Your phone is not bricked, but rather soft bricked. It is in a state that cannot load the image from rom. You just need to re-flash the phone.

The combination that people are telling you to press ( Send Key+End Key+Lock Button ) is the sequence used to hard reset your phone. This won't have any effect on your phone, as it can't wipe the system and reload from rom, because this is where the problem is.

And the volume up or volume down is incorrect. That is only for the i8000 Omnia 2, Not the i920 Omnia 2 phone.

Just remove the battery, replace the battery, setup your loader with the correct rom file and click detect.
Reconnect your phone via USB and your phone should flash just fine.
If the phone is not recognized then there is a usb driver/connection problem that needs to be dealt with. First restart your computer and re-set it back up. then plug the usb cable back in. You may need to try different ports (front vs. back) on your computer as well.

again, your not bricked, just challenged to flash another rom.

Yea those button combinations didnt work as i suspected..

I tried flashing my phone again, but like i said earlier when i try it, i load the rom and hit detect and plug the phone in, Octans just says "Ready for download..." and nothing else happens. And when i do this, my phone has the screen that says "Download mode" but it doesnt download. I even tried loading your test 4 rom (the one i have been using from before) and still does the same thing.

A couple times when trying to flash it again, the download process does start, but when it gets to about 3% it just stops and doesnt download anymore.

When I get home today I am going to try resetting my comp and using a different usb port, as well as different roms

Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it

Samsung Omnia II i920

the sandman

the sandman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
After many attempts at trying to flash my phone again it now finally worked! My phone is fully restored to its usable state. Thank you all for your help!!

Samsung Omnia II i920

Bryan W.

Bryan W.

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II

After many attempts at trying to flash my phone again it now finally worked! My phone is fully restored to its usable state. Thank you all for your help!!

Hey! Glad to hear!

How did you do it?

jaycarl

jaycarl

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
A lot of different ideas were thrown at you. It would be nice if you stated which one worked.

the sandman

the sandman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
All I did was try to reflash my phone over and over again until it finally worked; because when I tried it from before, Octans would just get stuck and not download the rom. So I restarted my computer and tried flashing my phone several more times until it finally worked.

Samsung Omnia II i920

Bryan W.

Bryan W.

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II

All I did was try to reflash my phone over and over again until it finally worked; because when I tried it from before, Octans would just get stuck and not download the rom. So I restarted my computer and tried flashing my phone several more times until it finally worked.

I was expecting to see some long post of all the steps necessary.

Well there it goes for future reference.. No secret tricks or buttons lol.. Just keep flashing until it takes :unsure:

jberd

jberd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II
I had the same issue, tried a hundred times to flash and would get to 3% or 14% or, even, 72% but never worked. Turns out I needed a new USB cable. With the new cable i've flashed 3 time already and each time took about 5 mins without any issues. Found it on amazon for a pretty reasonable price, well worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users