Modaco on Point of View Mobii 10.1 - GPS issue

Guest gelotron

Guest BadMix

Thank you gelotron for the clarification.

Is there an official POV channel where to be on the lookout for such information (the HC released) like Twitter, blog, etc?

Thanks

Mix

Guest il_cholo

I have a POV mobii bought in march and never noticed about 3g and gps, is yours an updated version?

on the rear of my tablet says "Project code TAB TEGRA 10-1"

Guest gelotron
I have a POV mobii bought in march and never noticed about 3g and gps, is yours an updated version?

on the rear of my tablet says "Project code TAB TEGRA 10-1"

There are 2 models, with and without. You will find out if yours has 3g and GPS if you have a placeholder for a SIM (top, rear) :unsure:

Guest il_cholo
There are 2 models, with and without. You will find out if yours has 3g and GPS if you have a placeholder for a SIM (top, rear) :unsure:

yes I have the placeholder and I remove the cover and I see connectors for a SIM card, your tablet has 512mb of internal space and 512mb of RAM?

thanks for your reply

Guest gelotron
yes I have the placeholder and I remove the cover and I see connectors for a SIM card, your tablet has 512mb of internal space and 512mb of RAM?

thanks for your reply

Yep, it's the same

Guest il_cholo

wow, maybe Im a happy owner of one without knowing, latter I will try gambarou rom to see what happend if gps and 3g is available :unsure:

now Im on HC beta

Guest gelotron
wow, maybe Im a happy owner of one without knowing, latter I will try gambarou rom to see what happend if gps and 3g is available :unsure:

now Im on HC beta

How's That beta? What's still not working?

Guest il_cholo
How's That beta? What's still not working?

it works really good and is a WIP to preview how HC goes on out tablet, it has a couple of issues like camera not working and some apps; is a beta

but very promising.

if you need your tablet for daily usage is not recommended, but if you are curious and like to play, that is for :unsure:

Guest SeiferTV

Wow, then I had those all along too?

Cool stuff

Guest il_cholo

Installed gambarou rom yesterday, works nice but I dont see any menu to set up GPS or 3G, I have a POV mobii and as you suggested should have gps and 3g, where are the setting menu?

regards.

Guest beegee1962
Installed gambarou rom yesterday, works nice but I dont see any menu to set up GPS or 3G, I have a POV mobii and as you suggested should have gps and 3g, where are the setting menu?

regards.

Wow, then I had those all along too?

Cool stuff

The SIM slot does not mean that the 3G module is installed as well.

When you look on SIM3g.jpgfrom the thread Hardware pictures PoV (Vega) and Smartbook 360 WITH UMTS (should be retrofit in VEGA) you can see that the SIM module and the 3G module are 2 different parts. It seems some POV mobii have the SIM card reader, but no 3G module installed. As far as I know you can only find out by opening your tablet (warranty gone!!!!)

Guest beegee1962
not a miracle that gps signal is so poor if that in bottomleft corner is gps antenna

Yes, thats the "AUX" = GPS antenna. Thinking about to replace it with a better antenna.

Guest beegee1962
Great...now they all will want to kill me for creating false hopes...

I guess you are safe where you are at the moment, they might search you in the country that your flag shows :P

Guest gelotron
I guess you are safe where you are at the moment, they might search you in the country that your flag shows :P

haha true...come find me guys!

Guest pumo
Yes, thats the "AUX" = GPS antenna. Thinking about to replace it with a better antenna.

me too :P

I just cant find information can it be active gps antenna what are lots of in ebay, or should be somekind of passive thing..

I try to get time to open my pov mobii tonight, I will inform you guys and add pictures somewhere