Touch input problem. Not detecting very small movements.

Guest sorrowuk

Guest sorrowuk

Check this video of issue -

There is a minimum move threshold.

Do you think its possible to override this with modding the software ? Don't think its a hardware restriction.

Edited by sorrowuk

Guest Rufy93
Ok I noticed this little issue with the touch screen.

Maybe this is how it is meant to work but just wondering if its the same for everyone.

Basically when you first touch the screen and then move your finger in tiny movements back and forward like 2-3 pixels distance the screen just recognises your initial place you touched. It doesnt recognise the little movements. You have to make a bigger movement with your finger and then the screen starts recognising these tiny movements.

Best way to see this is get a multitouch test app from the market. Basically just one that gives you a dot under your finger when you touch the screen.

Touch the screen and move your finger in tiny movements back and forward. Like really tiny (2-3 pixels in distance)

Does the dot move or does it stay there like its stuck ?

Then you have to make a bigger movement with your finger before the dot starts moving. But after that you can do those tiny movements you did before and the dot moves.

Hope someone understands what i'm saying.

My old phone didnt do that.

The digitizer is very sensitive so i guess to enable you to "long press" at anything they introduced this. Or else you probalby wouldn't be able to longpress.

Guest sorrowuk
The digitizer is very sensitive so i guess to enable you to "long press" at anything they introduced this. Or else you probalby wouldn't be able to longpress.

I found a video of problem. Posted in first post.

You think its possible to override this by modding the software ?

Guest Rufy93
I found a video of problem. Posted in first post.

You think its possible to override this by modding the software ?

I see that the minimum threshold is a bit high.

Should be able to mod it. But really, I like this threshold as i am very unstable with my touch.

Guest sorrowuk
I see that the minimum threshold is a bit high.

Should be able to mod it. But really, I like this threshold as i am very unstable with my touch.

But for people that are stable :) . Or able to lower the threshold a bit.

If someone is able to take a look who knows android that would be great :unsure: Or knows what file would need editing.

Actually would this be possible to fix from the source ? Or would it be in the touchscreen driver or something and only samsung could change this

Edited by sorrowuk