Raising CPU frequency risks?

Guest Alan502

Guest Alan502

Hi everyone,

I installed Mur4ik's custom rom for our phone but I'd like to know which are the risks of setting a higher cpu frequency? does it reduce the phone's lifespan? battery life?

Guest fdespotovski
Hi everyone,

I installed Mur4ik's custom rom for our phone but I'd like to know which are the risks of setting a higher cpu frequency? does it reduce the phone's lifespan? battery life?

I overclock my cpu at 806mhz max and 122mhz min and I have no problems.However,overclocking may have an impact on your battery life.Just make sure your minimum frequency is as low as possible and you should be good.I personally like overclocking and use this method to increase my phone's speed dramatically.

Guest Stephen J. Knill
Hi everyone,

Main risk is due to the increase in heat it can cause, if you live in a hot area use it with extreme caution. I would not suggest anything over 806mhz... I mean seriously, if the chip was capable of really sustaining higher frequency the company would label it higher and charge more for it ;-)

Like all things, it can be pushed beyond it's "natural" limits... but there's always SOME risk involved in that! (If you were to over-clock it @ 900mhz and set the governor to Performance... there's a high chance it could burn out if you stick it in your jacket pocket)