waking up delay when phone is sleeping ..

Guest fredewis

Guest fredewis

HI i have got a de branded sgs2 from phones 4 you on orange but when i put it to sleep and after 10 seconds i turn the screen on it takes 2 sec or so to wake and it also shows a vertical light flicker as it is waking and then it shows the unlock page .....can someone ..... recreate..... anyone or is it faulty?.everything else is fine.

Guest ragflan
HI i have got a de branded sgs2 from phones 4 you on orange but when i put it to sleep and after 10 seconds i turn the screen on it takes 2 sec or so to wake and it also shows a vertical light flicker as it is waking and then it shows the unlock page .....can someone ..... recreate..... anyone or is it faulty?.everything else is fine.

Not sure what firmware you're using. I was with KDD and I had this issue.

Flashed KE2 this morning and the issue is not present anymore.

Guest fredewis
Not sure what firmware you're using. I was with KDD and I had this issue.

Flashed KE2 this morning and the issue is not present anymore.

Just flashed KE2 seems to be better but there is still a time delay is not instant .

Guest ragflan
Just flashed KE2 seems to be better but there is still a time delay is not instant .

Are you freezing any apps or anything in KE2? Or forcefully ending tasks?

In the listed services, I ended WiFi Sharing, DRM Content, Software Update and Email. All of which I think I'm not using.

The 2-second delay came back up. I rebooted phone and screen was instant on.

So, check if some process you're ending is causing this.

Guest SUPAD
Same here, stock also.

I'm setting KE1 right now, i'll let u know if it changes anything for me.

I've just tried to wake the phone up after something like 30min non-using, it tooks agains 3-4 seconds to get bak up :P

Guest yorkhoh

Mine takes about 2 seconds to wake up to its lock screen also.

Baseband version: I9100XXKDJ

Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-I9100XWKE1-CL181974

Build number: GINGERBREAD.XWKE1

Edited by yorkhoh

Guest superutp

If I am not wrong, the delay is due to the phone underclocking itself when its sleeping to save battery...the delay is due to processor waking up...

run an app for example the music player or something and then try...it should be faster...

all GSII have this wake up delay..

Guest SatanR1
If I am not wrong, the delay is due to the phone underclocking itself when its sleeping to save battery...the delay is due to processor waking up...

run an app for example the music player or something and then try...it should be faster...

all GSII have this wake up delay..

That makes sense .... you're right, when there is something running in the background it's instant.

It's very annoying though ..... i'm sure it has it's uses, but I find it annoying! :P

Guest fredewis
That makes sense .... you're right, when there is something running in the background it's instant.

It's very annoying though ..... i'm sure it has it's uses, but I find it annoying! :P

I know what you mean its so annoying ......makes my defy feel snappy.....when it wakes faster ....

Guest fredewis
I know what you mean its so annoying ......makes my defy feel snappy.....when it wakes faster ....

Ok got my handset replaced ....and bam it wakes faster ......but also i used this app on the old one called softlocker free......it stops the phone going into deep sleep making it ready to wake rather then waiting ....

Guest Mixy

This is really very annoying. Spending 3 secods to "check if ive got any messages" if stupid on this phone. I cant recall it was this bad when i first started using the phone.

The lockscreen at least should be saved in ram when the phone is put to sleep for a faster feel when it starts back up.

anyone tested this with different kernels?

Guest fredewis
Takk :P

Dude what u need is to install softlocker from the market dosent drain mutch battery 2percent max...in system usage.

Guest Mixy
Dude what u need is to install softlocker from the market dosent drain mutch battery 2percent max...in system usage.

Thanks. Will be sure to test it out after a couple of days (checking normal battery use for comparison later). Should note that its not the app itself that is using battery, so more than 2% wouldnt be expected. If it keeps the OS alive, thats where you should see the increased battery usage.

Guest SatanR1

Seems to have done the job ..... I'll test over the next couple of days and see how much drain it actually makes! Cheers for sharing.

Guest ghale

Hello,

can someone can post a video about the deep sleep "issue", please?

So I can see it, because I can't understand how the lag can be a "problem".

Someone can help, please? I want to buy this device and I'm undecided...

Guest fredewis

Just buy it cant go wrong and the lag is if you let the phone go in..to deep sleep(stanby) for lets say 2 to 3 mins when you press the power or home botton to wake it it takes 2secs to bring up the screen ....making it seem like it laggs but softlocker fixes this ...

Guest ghale
Just buy it cant go wrong and the lag is if you let the phone go in..to deep sleep(stanby) for lets say 2 to 3 mins when you press the power or home botton to wake it it takes 2secs to bring up the screen ....making it seem like it laggs but softlocker fixes this ...

Ok, very good.

The last question: the phone has got the notification led?

I've sell my LG Optimus 2X for the laggy software and the missing notfication led (a 15€ Nokia has the led).