- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Al_Jolson

Al_Jolson

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
There are loads of this type of car holder on eBay now (with different means of attachment e.g. suction cup, vent clip etc etc). I got one the other day and it's a perfect fit. It fitted the generic suction cup arm that I had for my equivalent HTC Hero car holder, so if you've also already got one with the generic 4 clips then you need only pay about £2 for the holder piece.

Attached Files

Genieuk

Genieuk

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega,OSFC,SGS2
The only problem with some of these car holders is thatif in my case you have a case around the phone, then you have to take it off. I've have a very thin gel case, and would still need to take it off.

Also I found that the one pictured above can sometime scratch the phone as you insert it and take it out.

Pakatus

Pakatus

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Devices:Samsung GS2
  • Twitter:@Pakatus

Pulse >> Blade >> SG2 (Win)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Junior Bear

Junior Bear

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Devices:galaxy s2, zte blade
Received this holder this morning.

http://www.amazon.co...11942416&sr=8-4

works perfectly. Highly recommend

|| Samsung galaxy s2 «&» zte blade ||

joebanana

joebanana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S2
So can anyone confirm that the Clingo works with the Barely There case?

prusling

prusling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
I used the Clingo with a cheap plastic case from ebay with a metal plate on it (for another magnetic mount).

It grips very hard, but I found that the green sticky material turns into goo and starts coming away so I've consigned it to the bin.

V5er

V5er

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Have a look for spiderpodium on ebay. It's the only holder that you'll ever need again. It will also work with any case on.

Edited by V5er, 28 October 2011 - 09:54 AM.

geekboyuk

geekboyuk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I never followed up on this....

Many months on and I went for the Spider Podium. It's minimal design is wonderful!

My Alfa GT has a cup holder and card holder slide out draw fairly high in the dashboard, it is here that I've mounted it. Perfect for controlling audio playback and maps visibility. I've got an USB cable popping out of the card holder too, so if I want to tidy it away I can quickly remove the Spider Podium, close the little draw and it all looks normal :)

PS - if anyone is reading this with an Alfa GT, the Blaupunkt Bluetooth adaptor works with the factory fit radio (although Alfa says it doesn't) and makes phone appear as CD changer: http://www.bluespot....7545500-adaptor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users